Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder River-Jan. 05, 2008  (Read 6444 times)

CohoMan

• Old Timer
Re: Vedder River-Jan. 05, 2008
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2008, 07:31:23 PM »

Chris, you are the diplomatic one indeed.

fishiotherapist

• Haneyphysiotherapyclinic
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2008, 07:31:36 PM »

Actually when I'm reading your awesome report Chris, I sort of thought of writing to you somehow- to ask you if I can go fishing with you sometimes.
To learn firsthand the skill of fishing from a good mentor. ;) ;)
Anyways I do appreciate all the sincere pointers from all of you guys, when I'm not rehabilitating my clients I'm educating myself about fishing from this website.

Fishiotherapist

kellya

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2008, 07:37:01 PM »

No offence but sometimes its good to learn how to handle fish before you head out fishing.  Reading reports helps as there is often posts about it but you gotta remember steelhead arent sturgeon. Cohokiller hes getting slammed because he made the mistake of putting a pic ahead of the steelheads treatment. Live and learn though i bet i treated fish like that when i started

speycaster

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2008, 07:51:36 PM »

When i started that fish would be called bonked. ;D ;D

Swift_Silent_Deadly

• Once A Marine.... Always A Marine....
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2008, 08:06:58 PM »

Well what a way to do a first post for myself here but........  I have been lurking on this site and tonight with the post of the steelhead, I had to reply.

Wild steelhead, well as we all know is a dying breed of fish, People have the right to be bent when you see a WILD FISH HANDLED AND TALKED ABOUT LIKE IT WAS!!!!!  I have seen people thrown into Rivers for the way they have handled fish, or have had there lights knocked out!

I have fished all over the North West due to my posting in the Armed Forces, so I have see what mishandling of fish do to systems, one might say Ah just one fish...  Just one fish like that today what about the next and the next you get my drift!

These fish aren't Coho, Chum, Sping & Pink's these are Steelhead, so some of you need to shake your heads as what if that Wilds are Gone what are we left with.......  Not much........

I have yet to fish the what Vedder, but ya had to use a net come on ::)

Well back to my post!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 08:10:07 PM by Swift_Silent_Deadly »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2008, 08:14:46 PM »

Welcome SSD to FWR and I hope you have enjoyed reading the forum in the past. I hope you will be able to contribute about your fishing experiences and stories in the systems you fish.

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2008, 08:17:59 PM »

whether or not thats blood... learn how to handle fish. how would you like it if i grabbed you by the throat and throttled you? Im sure theres a ton of guys in line already. also a net is not a good idea unless its specifically designed for C & R.
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2008, 08:29:06 PM »

whether or not thats blood... learn how to handle fish. how would you like it if i grabbed you by the throat and throttled you? Im sure theres a ton of guys in line already. also a net is not a good idea unless its specifically designed for C & R.
Hey where's your report, did you get skunked today? I might have to guide you. ;D ;D
Send me your e-mail if you wish and I will send the photo I took.

Yopesco

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2008, 08:41:06 PM »

The guy has been very humble about the whole issue, so easy off on him. Some members seem to believe that Sr membership includes the right to treat others like crap.
Nobody learns to handle fish from reading this (or another) forum, you do it on the spot, and of course, you make mistakes.
Everybody has made mistakes, some are still making them, probably.
If I get thrown in the river for mishandling fish, I'd sure go after the bastard(s) later. However, I would be happy to be told of my mistakes and will surely learn from them, as long as it is done in a respectful way, otherwise the would be teachers can go f**k themselves.

Nice fish Fishio!!! Keep posting, don't get discouraged by the inquisitors.

Yopesco

MERC

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2008, 08:48:09 PM »

Nice fish.  From reading your posts, can you please tell me what the red colored stuff is on your fingers?  It would appear to have rubbed off on the body of the fish too.  Not trying to accuse  you of anything and you say you have witnesses to the release of the fish but I am curious to know what that stuff is.
President Club S. C. & P.

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2008, 08:58:10 PM »

nice fish fishio...as for the mishandling i'm sure your aware of it now and as they say if we cant learn form our mistakes then we have learned nothing at all.Good on you for taking the criticism the way you have  ;)

scruffy

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2008, 09:08:06 PM »

Thanks guys for all the inputs.
Being a newbie I still have lots of things to learn about fishing especially carefully releasing the fish-I just started fishing last summer during the pink salmon run.
Again many thanks for the pointers.

Fishiotherapist
Fishio judging by this post you fully realize your mistakes and your are willing to take the constructive criticism and learn that the proper handling of our amazing fish species is very important to all of us as well as to the fish itself,it is very refreshing to see someone who has been called out on something they have done that is frowned upon only to handle it in such a positive manner as you have,hopefully this is a lesson learned for you and one that helps you to be more carefull when handling fish that are to be released.Nice first steely.
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2008, 09:16:31 PM »

Nice fish.  From reading your posts, can you please tell me what the red colored stuff is on your fingers?  It would appear to have rubbed off on the body of the fish too.  Not trying to accuse  you of anything and you say you have witnesses to the release of the fish but I am curious to know what that stuff is.
Read my post. ;D

testo84

• officially a hardware addict
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2008, 09:22:34 PM »

nice fish i am sure you have learned now, lets not take this further ty
hardware == fish

MERC

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2008, 09:22:43 PM »

Read my post. ;D

I actually asked fishio since I didn't want anyone to assume otherwise what the red substance might be Chris.  I've used procured shrimp and roe too but usually it doesn't come off on the body of fish I touch because it's stained my hands but it's not necessarily running all over my fingers, all liquidy.  Fishio can choose to answer my post or not.  
President Club S. C. & P.