Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Canucks keep rolling  (Read 15880 times)

mojoman

• Old Timer
Re: Canucks keep rolling
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2007, 05:58:36 AM »

How's this for B.S.?   Canucks first in their division....Toronto last, with the other teams holding games in hand or lets put it more into perspective...Toronto 2nd to last in their conference, only ahead of the lowly Caps.  Oh my mistake, I guess those would be facts. ;D  Hey, Moj, bet you wish you were a Canuck fan now.  LMAO

cheerin for a team that has never won a cup...I understand your enthusiasum...but from an experienced fan of the game....never count your chickens before they hatch....or rather...never boast a winning season 1/4 the way in....;))))

mojo

But that's where you are sadly mistaken...the Canucks have indeed won a cup ...back when they were part of the western league!  ;D  In fact, Vancouver has even won the Stanley Cup back when they were called the Millionaires.  Of course this is something only an "experienced" fan would know. LOL

And in any event, who was talking Stanley Cup??   Just merely pointing out where a couple of teams stood in the standings.

c'mon mc...there ain't no one left alive to remember the "Millionaire's"???....is there...and there certainly is no "Canuks" stamped on the holy grail...but play semantics if ya like...I'll stick to my Leafs...lowly as they may be...they will always be #1 to me....;)))

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2007, 10:09:44 AM »

Other than Chris, anybody else alive from the last time the Laughs won the Cup. 1967......and counting. ;D

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2007, 01:23:42 PM »

Other than Chris, anybody else alive from the last time the Laughs won the Cup. 1967......and counting. ;D

yep...;)))

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2007, 01:28:31 PM »

wat is really different for the canucks this year compared to last year? same thing going on, start off horrible and gradually get better. Naslund and Kesler are playing much better but i really can't see them going far in the playoffs. I will route for them as usual because they are the home team but my sens have a good chance again of making a good playoff run. They need a true goal scorer, maybe when naslund is gone next year bring in a 40-50 goal scorer?
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2007, 07:15:48 PM »

wat is really different for the canucks this year compared to last year? same thing going on, start off horrible and gradually get better. Naslund and Kesler are playing much better but i really can't see them going far in the playoffs. I will route for them as usual because they are the home team but my sens have a good chance again of making a good playoff run. They need a true goal scorer, maybe when naslund is gone next year bring in a 40-50 goal scorer?

who did ya have in mind?????

Leafs may have a trade for ya....Blake(40 goal scorer) for Lou straight up...... :o

mojo always curious
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 07:40:09 PM by mojoman »

Hook Set

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2007, 08:34:04 PM »

That would be the worst trade in the history of the NHL  ;D :D And what happened to the laughs not wanting anyone from Vancouver?

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2007, 08:58:50 PM »

How about Sundin for Brad Isbister straight up ? We'll throw in Byron Ritchie  :D

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2007, 09:56:22 PM »

Just got back from the game...another great performance from the team, saw history in the making with Bobby Lu netting his third straight shutout.  He really earned it...played awesome, especially in the second period.

Can't believe Ohlund's goal was announced unassisted.  It was Henrik to Nazzy to Ohlund....it's not like Foote kick it in.  It deflected in off his skate!  Should have been Naslund tying up Linden for all time point total.  Guess he'll have to wait until they play Minnie on Sunday.

Nice to see Canada's team continuing to roll right along! ;D

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2007, 10:02:48 PM »

How about Sundin for Brad Isbister straight up ? We'll throw in Byron Ritchie  :D

Don't think Sundin fits the Nuk's criteria...he's not from Ornskoldvik.  ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2007, 10:47:13 PM »

;D

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2007, 09:29:43 AM »

I was listening to the post game show and I agree that Naslund should have got the assist. The ruling is if the puck in anyway goes off an opposing player and into the net the last player who touched it for the defence shall be awarded with the goal and no assists shall be given. Mind you in any other building in the nhl it would have been assist but vancouver just knows the rules so well. ;D
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2007, 02:37:58 PM »

Mojo how old were you when the Leafs won the Cup? C'mon. They won one cup in a six team league. Thats like the CFL of hockey. Sooner or later in a 6 team league you are going to win atleast one. Since the league expanded the Leafs have not won anything. You can only compare what both these teams have done since the Canucks have been in the league. Both have made it to the finals and both have lost. Right here and now the Canucks are ten times the team the Leafs are and thats a fact.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2007, 03:26:59 PM »

Mojo how old were you when the Leafs won the Cup? C'mon. They won one cup in a six team league. Thats like the CFL of hockey. Sooner or later in a 6 team league you are going to win atleast one. Since the league expanded the Leafs have not won anything. You can only compare what both these teams have done since the Canucks have been in the league. Both have made it to the finals and both have lost. Right here and now the Canucks are ten times the team the Leafs are and thats a fact.

I whole heartily agree! Maybe not ten...but it's up there.

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2007, 05:44:26 PM »

gee BB   you've met me....while I do carry my age better than most...I'm still 50...as for how much better the Cannots are....I'd say that the game that Lou goes down to injury is the day you all start with the whine....enjoy your success....hope it is a long run...I'm not anti-Cannots...I'm anti-anti-Leafs....pretty simple...and simple is whats needed in this forum....cheers...;)))

mojo

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2007, 09:25:14 PM »

I was listening to the post game show and I agree that Naslund should have got the assist. The ruling is if the puck in anyway goes off an opposing player and into the net the last player who touched it for the defence shall be awarded with the goal and no assists shall be given. Mind you in any other building in the nhl it would have been assist but vancouver just knows the rules so well. ;D

Not so sure about that.  Tons of goals are scored that go in off the body or skates of the opposing team and assists are awarded.  In any event, it took a bit of time but Naslund and Henrik were finally awarded assists on Ohlund's goal.