Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: lac des roche August 22nd, 2007  (Read 5114 times)

__hooked__

lac des roche August 22nd, 2007
« on: August 22, 2007, 11:59:40 AM »

just got back from a great trip to lac Des roches and Roche lakes. caught my first fish on a cronie. lost the big one. here are some pics.

first day out on lac des roches

one of many

one of the backroad lakes

and my first fish on a chironemid

all in all a great trip!!!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 12:19:05 PM by Rodney »

Hook Set

Re: lac des roche
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 12:54:37 PM »

Nice fish Harrison. Glad to hear you had a good trip. Congrats on your first fish on a chronie :)

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 12:57:40 PM »

Beauty fish there harrison! Looked like a great trip! ;)

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 03:18:33 PM »

Beauty there Harrison  ;D . Did any other flies work for you ? What weight rod do you use 4 , 5 , 6 ? . I was at Roche Lake a couple weeks ago , the fishin was a little slow for me as I have not fished in the lakes for years and kinda forgot whats what out there . I hit the lake hard with all different flies , mostly trolling around with a leach or caddis .I did bang on a couple with a green wollybugger . After a antagonizing two days watching those big Pannask Bows jumping around I got a tip from a locale guy telling me to try a kwikfish ,black w/ chrome metalflake # 7 on the full sink line , so I thought what the ........ Sure enough bang bang bang fish on  :P I will have to give lac des roche a try , on the fly  ;D Oh just on another note , There was an older fella just sitting out there cronnie fishin,snoozing and caught  15 that one day . Cheers
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

Zpg

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 03:42:10 PM »

Great photo's and report!! I have a cabin in the 'boo and have often thought about a day trip there but always opt for a different lake. I will have to give it a go when I'm up next.
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.  ~Steven Wright

mess

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 07:52:33 PM »

Are those the cabins at roche lake heading there at the end of sept.

__hooked__

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 08:34:23 PM »

Beauty there Harrison  ;D . Did any other flies work for you ? What weight rod do you use 4 , 5 , 6 ? . I was at Roche Lake a couple weeks ago , the fishin was a little slow for me as I have not fished in the lakes for years and kinda forgot whats what out there . I hit the lake hard with all different flies , mostly trolling around with a leach or caddis .I did bang on a couple with a green wollybugger . After a antagonizing two days watching those big Pannask Bows jumping around I got a tip from a locale guy telling me to try a kwikfish ,black w/ chrome metalflake # 7 on the full sink line , so I thought what the ........ Sure enough bang bang bang fish on  :P I will have to give lac des roche a try , on the fly  ;D Oh just on another note , There was an older fella just sitting out there cronnie fishin,snoozing and caught  15 that one day . Cheers
I use a 6 weight, the only fly that was working for me on roche lake was a black and red chironemid, on the end of the lake where there is a engine restriction, i did see one guy hook a couple in the same spot on a brown leech, and when i pumped the my fish it was FULL of shrimp.

JustinG

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 02:54:35 PM »

Nice report - I fished Lac Des Roche July of last year, took a day to figure out what they were interested in but after that, it was pretty consistent. Lots of choice in terms of water to fish in that area!

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 05:56:08 PM »

Have any of you guys been up there in September ? . When I was talking to a locale Kamloops guy , he was saying , in September he likes to fly fish Roche Lake with scuds . Any idea what these flies look like ? He said he goes into the part of the lake that has electric motors only posted and he said he gets into 30 , 40 fish a day  :o . I know it is shallow all through there , I seen some big bad boys cruising around down there on the bottom when I was there early August .

coryandtrevor

• Winter : Stick on the ice , fly in the water
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2007, 02:46:15 PM »

Have any of you guys been up there in September ? . When I was talking to a locale Kamloops guy , he was saying , in September he likes to fly fish Roche Lake with scuds . Any idea what these flies look like ? He said he goes into the part of the lake that has electric motors only posted and he said he gets into 30 , 40 fish a day  :o . I know it is shallow all through there , I seen some big bad boys cruising around down there on the bottom when I was there early August .

Hey,

http://www.westfly.com/feature/0004/feature_132_2.jpeg
"The swing is the thing but the tug is the drug" - Unknown

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2007, 03:18:15 PM »

GONNA GET ME ONE ;D

Hollis

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 04:54:49 PM »

Nice fish Harrison ;)
The Fish Wisperer

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2007, 07:15:13 PM »

A couple from last August  8). Must be a good time right about now to hit it again if you can handle the cool weather  ;D.

Derp

• Tight lines!
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2007, 10:36:02 PM »

nice feesh
In the summertime when the weather is hot
You can stretch right up and touch the sky
When the weather's fine
You got women, you got women on your mind
Have a drink, have a drive
Go out and see what you can find