« on: July 29, 2007, 12:46:12 PM »

Where have all the Coho gone?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 05:56:00 PM by buck »

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: Georgia Strait Coho
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 04:00:24 PM »

I consider them almost extinct now from 10 or 20 years ago. :'( Let em net em Loytoka, easier to put to extinction.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Fishslayerno1

Re: Coho
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 04:03:49 PM »

Im wondering the same thing.I stood on the bridge at the trailer court at the bottom of the Cap i saw four fish in 2hours then they darted back down river.Has the fish farms done a number on our Cap coho?Its so bad that i was told by a person of knoledge that there having a meeting to close it to non retention if it doesent get any better.

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 05:48:02 AM »

ALASKA! :D
[

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 07:33:21 AM »

They have been predicting a bad coho return this year for a while now. My understanding is that smolt counts at sea were low (couple years back I guess) and they forecasted last year and this year to be poor runs. 

I think I know who you are talking about Fishslayer and a "person of knowledge" that I know says your "person of knowledge" is gettin a little too excited ... I had these conversation with the both of them 3-4 weeks ago and nothing has come of it. 

Baitcaster

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 11:14:55 PM »

Fishing for coho last year at the cap was great there was loads of fish.  But this year is not as good and its not because of the indians of anyone of us really, if all the fisherman in the river took as many fish home as they wanted evey day that wouldnt even put a dent on the population of coho.  Its all becuase of the ocean survival its very low and all  because of global warming.  Its all a chain reaction, if there is no plankton then the small fish cant feed and if the small bait fish cant feed then the coho cant feed and so on.

Driller

• Keeping it real.
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 08:34:43 PM »

There are fish in the system.  Just got to be there at the right time.  I'm at the rivier 3 or 4 times a week.  I see fish each time.  Haven't caught any (coho) yet, hooked one.  There will be that day when I land the old 8 pound sun of a 'kayack'!  Hopefully soon.
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

~IvAn~

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008, 09:18:04 PM »

good luck in water conditions like this....and water continuing to drop each day

maniac1001

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 03:10:51 PM »

It seems as though those big northerns that were so common twenty years ago have almost dissapeared.
Where we would catch several in a day we are now lucky to get one a trip.
truly sad

Fishslayerno1

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 08:39:44 PM »

Well the river is only fit fr fly fishing now the waters so low.Lots of fish above the ceder bridge at cable few springs allso.I walked up to the wier below the hatchery climbed the fence walked to the river low and behold one hole just green whith coho to bad they dont let us fish there would have my limit in no time ;D ;DMore bad news the squamish nation has there wiers up so that will do a number on the fishing Guess im gona have to try the chuck.Hopfully luck will change there.