Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: There's Chinooks In The River And A Cleanup Too  (Read 5087 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
There's Chinooks In The River And A Cleanup Too
« on: July 07, 2008, 11:31:59 PM »

I hope a few from this forum will once again support the CVRCC second cleanup for 2008. As per usual it is at the Great Blue Heron Nature Reserve with registration between 8:30 and 9:30 am. We try to be wrapped up by 12:30 or 1 o'clock.
Worth trying for a red chinook before and after the cleanup. We will store your rods while you are out doing the cleanup.

More info can be found at www.cleanrivers.ca

milo

• Old Timer
Re: There's Chinooks In The River And A Cleanup Too
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 02:17:54 PM »

I was going to join you guys, but my son is coming to Canada for the first time and I think he will enjoy "Fish for the Future" much better than cleaning the old Cheddar on Saturday.

BTW, how come you are holding the cleanup the same day Rodney holds his anyal FFTF event?
Whoever is in charge of the scheduling of events should be fired! :P

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 11:17:00 PM »

Things happen, anyway with the price of gas it is better to support an event closer to home.  ;D You have done your share in the past and that will leave more donuts for others. ;D ;D

Thanks for all your help in the past and more local anglers should get out and help anyway. :o

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 12:01:08 AM »

I sure won't miss the next one!

Hope you guys have a great turnout.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 12:29:28 AM »

BTW, how come you are holding the cleanup the same day Rodney holds his anyal FFTF event?

Chris doesn't want me to steal his bottles and cans.

My event date is fixed a year in advance due to tide. I can even tell you guys when it will be next year, either July 4th or 18th. ;)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 09:46:42 AM »

Chris doesn't want me to steal his bottles and cans.

My event date is fixed a year in advance due to tide. I can even tell you guys when it will be next year, either July 4th or 18th. ;)
We should book the 11 then, done. ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 09:49:39 AM »

I sure won't miss the next one!

Hope you guys have a great turnout.
Thanks Milo, the next which of course is BC River's Day, September 28th which is held at the Fish and Game Hall.

We are meeting with head office from Tim Hortons at the cleanup tomorrow as they want to get more involved, maybe we can get gas coupons. ;D ;D ;D

DavidD

• Fourth Year Apprentice Fisherman
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 10:49:04 AM »

I'll be there and I'm trying to convince a fellow fisher to come along as well. ;D  I figure the more hands the better.
Save the Whales - Collect the Whole Set!!!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 11:16:30 AM »

I'll be there and I'm trying to convince a fellow fisher to come along as well. ;D  I figure the more hands the better.
Thats great, thanks.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 05:07:44 PM »

Sorry Cant come to this one guys.... gotta work till noon  :'(  Hope ya have fun, maybe good karma will hook ya some fish  ;)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 08:14:01 PM »

Heard of two chinooks taken the last 2 days, better hit the river at first light, around 4 am and then come to the cleanup, I will offer a precious and valuable Maple Leaf Drennan to any one that brings in a chinook from the Chilliwack Vedder to the GBHNR.

I can hear FA getting ready now. ;D ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2008, 11:20:37 PM »

Turnout was down from our first cleanup for 2008 in April but we still had around 80 or 90 according to Lew. The good news was the gar age brought in was down too which was great as it looks like our Adopt a river program is working although the upper section of the Chilliwack, above the hatchery could use some cleanup too. However it is such a big area and we do not have the manpower to handle it all.

We had a visit from head office of Tim Horton Bc branch and they were sure taken with the CVRCC.

We are pleased with what they do providing the refreshments each cleanup but they wish to do more.

Part of it will be to try and get some educational programs going in our school which will be they way to go as if we can get the next generation to respect the environment more than we have there maybe some hope.

Thanks again to several from this forum that took part yesterday.

I am sure our BC Rivers Day event will be bigger and better than ever, mark September 28 on your calendar and more details as that date gets closer.