Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fraser Chinook Report June 25th, 2007  (Read 7470 times)

All Tangled Up

• Go Fish!
Re: Fraser Chinook Report June 25th, 2007
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2007, 08:21:28 PM »

I don't get out much but when I do fish I bottom bounce the Fraser. For the harvest, not sport. Reading these anti bb'ing post again makes me want to fish more. Until the DFO states in plain english 'no bottom bouncing' everyone should get off their high horse with their holier than thou attitude and try to use there efforts to change the language of the law. This will stop me from bouncing and nothing else!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2007, 08:50:56 PM »

I don't get out much but when I do fish I bottom bounce the Fraser. For the harvest, not sport. Reading these anti bb'ing post again makes me want to fish more. Until the DFO states in plain english 'no bottom bouncing' everyone should get off their high horse with their holier than thou attitude and try to use there efforts to change the language of the law. This will stop me from bouncing and nothing else!
It is coming closer to happening each year.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2007, 09:57:22 PM »

So BH123 you are going to continue to bottom bounce despite the request not to do so by the DFO? If you do it just shows your greed and total lack of respect for our resource. Did you know that the nets that are out there are for springs? Which means the sockeye can swim right through the holes in the nets.
Just a quick point.  DFO's request doesn't come out and say Bottom Bouncing.  It says selective fishing techniques.  Why don't they just come out and say BB'ing?  Noone can get a ticket for for bottom bouncing.  It would not hold up in court and DFO knows it.  They are to vague on the topic.  Why? 
  So what are they doing?  They are driving a wedge between the sport fishing community.  You have the side that is dead set against BB'ing and the side that has been out there doing it for years and knows that they are having a very minimal affect on the Sockeye population.   I guess we are much easier to handle if we are always fighting amoungst ourselves and not working together.  Saddest and oldest trick in the book, and you know what.... every year we fall for it. ??? 
  My guess is that if DFO is planning on closing the Fraser, they will do it no matter how many people are out BBing and they will do it only to Sportfisherman.  But that is a big "if" and I don't see that happening for a long time.  So I will barfish, but if I get the urge for something different, I will go out and use another method.  I am one of those many that doesn't seem to have a problem NOT catching sockeye while fishing for Spring.  Believe it or not, doesn't bother me in the least.  The people I have fished with have seen it time and time again.  BTW, They are good at not catching sockeye BB'ing when fishing for early Spring.  Infact the only 3 Sockeye I saw caught last year in the early part of the year were on Bar rigs.  Go figure.

Thats right Dave. How many sox did we catch last year when we where out for springs NONE. In fact in all the years that you and I have fished together I can only remember one and that was just before a  sox opening when there was alot of sox's in the river. Why is that because the areas we fish we know where the holes are that the springs hold in. We get multipule hook ups but no sox. When the sox's do open we don't fish these areas because they are not productive for sockeye.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2007, 10:55:33 PM »

I think it is funny as heck to watch everyone take it too far !!! it is like most of the members on this site just can't wait to start judging, preaching and bashing other members.... makes for entertaining reading !! it is also the main reason another certain site sucks !!!  ;)

TH

That's cause your a pink panty wearing floss machine...

What's you're point ???

:-*

dwsk

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2007, 07:40:53 AM »

I actually dont have a problem with BB'ing anymore. Since it is perfectly legal. I now have a different take on it. I call it a harvest and I wish they would call it the same. They should change the way it is done but I believe it does have its place. Right now is not that time.

Got to agree. bb when there are tons of soxs. take your 2 and go home. At this time I think we can selectively fish for springs with out putting the more sensitive runs at risk.

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2007, 07:41:39 AM »

What's you're point ???

Perhaps that Xgolfman is homophobic and using a gay reference is the worst he can call someone? ???

Could you clear this up for us Xgolfman? It's a an inflammatory choice of words.

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2007, 08:50:44 AM »

Ok then float fish them, i hooked 2 while float fishing pinks on the fraser. 2 ft leader and a piece of pink wool. biggest "dink" float you can find, and as much lead as that float can hold.
Fish killer 101

jetboatjim

• Old Timer
  • catching poachers.
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2007, 07:16:58 PM »

What's you're point ???

Perhaps that Xgolfman is homophobic and using a gay reference is the worst he can call someone? ???

Could you clear this up for us Xgolfman? It's a an inflammatory choice of words.

You did not know? rick and norm are a couple, sometimes they let merc join in.

When is the wedding?

MERC

• Old Timer
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2007, 08:21:04 PM »

Actually, they're more like inbred cousins who married each other.  I'm the DNA police.   ;D ;D
President Club S. C. & P.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2007, 08:22:32 PM »

Wow, did this totally get off topic in a real bad way..... :P ;D ;D

So.... who is going bouncing this weekend? ;D ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2007, 08:35:37 PM »

Ill be bouncing the vedder sunday with some green wool. And a little bit of red.
weeeeeeeeeow!

jetboatjim

• Old Timer
  • catching poachers.
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2007, 08:50:57 PM »

I bet freak bounces, as he runs down from the grind. ;) ;D