Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Corrections and clarifications to 2007/2009 BC Tidal Waters Sportfishing Guide  (Read 3144 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

FN0318-Recreational Fishery - General Information - Corrections/Clarifications to 2007 to 2009 BC Tidal Waters Sport Fishing Guide

Please note the following corrections/Clarifications to the 2007 to 2009 BC Tidal Waters Sport Fishing Guide:

Inside Tidal Water Cover - The DFO Lillooet office number is incorrect.  The correct number is 250-256-2650.

Page 5 - The Observe, Record, Report number for Greater Vancouver has been changed from 604-666-3500 to 604-607-4186.  The toll free number has not changed 1-800-465-4336.

Page 8 - Packaging and transporting your catch
A "hatchery marked fish" is defined as one which has a healed scar in place of the missing adipose fin.  For fisheries that allow for the retention of hatchery marked fish only, anglers are required to ensure that proof of the healed scar remains clearly distinguishable after packaging  (i.e. do not remove the portion of the fish that contains the scar).

Page 54 - The Steelhead picture printed in the guide is incorrect - it shows a pink salmon.  This has been corrected on the website version.

Safety:
DFO would like to remind anglers who are fishing on the water with children of the following safety information:

A lifejacket or PFD is no substitute for adult supervision.  Children should be within arms reach and should be wearing a Canadian-approved personal flotation device or lifejacket at all times.

FOR MORE INFORMATION:

Contact your nearest DFO office or the recreational fisheries website.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

Don't these guys proofread their materials before release  ???

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures

Page 54 - The Steelhead picture printed in the guide is incorrect - it shows a pink salmon.  This has been corrected on the website version.

Hehe... Whoops!  You'd think the people responsible for fish would know at least what they looked like  ::)

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy

"The Steelhead picture printed in the guide is incorrect - it shows a pink salmon."

I've probably recorded a few pinks as Steelhead on my license. Thanks for the heads up. ;D
Just getting the mounted Steelhead examined to make sure it ain't a pink as well. ???
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

BwiBwi

• Old Timer

I'll say DFO went to the wrong design/print firm to have their work done.  ;D ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

I'll say DFO went to the wrong design/print firm to have their work done.  ;D ;D

Should I make a recommendation at the meeting next year? ;D

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures

"The Steelhead picture printed in the guide is incorrect - it shows a pink salmon."

I've probably recorded a few pinks as Steelhead on my license. Thanks for the heads up. ;D
Just getting the mounted Steelhead examined to make sure it ain't a pink as well. ???

ROTFL!  TB's prize Pink mounted above the fireplace  ;D

BwiBwi

• Old Timer

Definitely.   ;D ;)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

Tell them don't expect the public to know the regulations if they themselves can't get it right. Be sure to say Please and Thank You.  :D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

I always say please and thank you. ;D

This is always an important issue to bring up. Last year a gentleman phoned me and let me know that he was fined when a DFO officer insisted that the northern pikeminnows in his bucket were eulacheon on the Tidal Fraser River. This is why I continue to emphasize that there is a need for information board with fish id and lastest regulations posted at regular fishing spots. This way, the anglers are being informed, but it also avoids disputes such as this.

fishherron

• DSC00434-001

I met one that did not know a Pink from a Steelhead. The guy got a ticket. I tried to show them in the book. Was told to get out or get charged with obsruction of justice
Fish for all your worth but, remember what the fish are worth.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Please note the following Corrections/Clarifications to the 2007 to 2009 BC Tidal Waters Sport Fishing Guide:

P. 19 Finfish (other than Salmon) Tidal Waters Fishing Limits and Management Measures Table:

There is no minimum size limit for lingcod in Areas 1 to 10.  The comment in the management measures section does not apply to Areas 1 to 10.

FOR MORE INFORMATION:

Contact your nearest DFO office or the recreational fisheries website.

http://www-ops2.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/xnet/content/fns/index.cfm?pg=view_notice&lang=en&DOC_ID=101576&ID=recreational