Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: When Going Fishing Stop Here  (Read 4400 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
When Going Fishing Stop Here
« on: June 08, 2007, 10:52:32 PM »

If you are heading fishing and driving the Trans Canada Highway Route One and are going by Yale stop in at the recently opened Gateway Cafe in downtown Yale. Actually it is right on the main highway. I had the opportunity to stop there today and enjoyed a half chicken dinner that came with soup and a dessert. A good way to end a day of fishing especially going fishless, actually I did catch a 2 pound pike minnow. ;D

Stop in and say hi to the girls and tell them Chris recommended their restaurant. They are open from 6 AM to 8:30 PM

Yale of course is steep in history as British Columbia got its start there in 1858 when gold was discovered at Hills Bar. As I mentioned before Yale was the biggest city North of San Francisco and West of Chicago in those days.

Actually is a great day trip as you can visit the museum, St John's Divine Church, the old cemetery where the dreams of many ended during the gold rush days. With the high water Lady Franklin Rock is worth a visit I sent Rodney some pictures of it maybe he will post.

This Sunday is the annual Strawberry festival in Yale from 1 to 4 so a good day trip if you are looking for something to do that day.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: When Going Fishing Stop Here
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 01:40:34 PM »

Posting these photos for Chris.

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 02:15:07 AM »

Thanks for the tip Chris. ;)
Will give it a try one day.

Those pics are very cool and sure show the nastiness of the river right now.

Flaura

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 09:59:04 AM »

HEY Chris. This is Laura-Lee from the Gateway Cafe. I finally had a chance to look at your post. Thank you so much for doing so. That was very nice of you. And I hope everyone listens to ya and comes to say hi. And I will now know if someone asks for a HOBO special HAHA!!!!..... I will make sure my coffee is old! LOL! anyways thought I would say thanks alot. See you again. And hope to see many of you who know Chris at the cafe!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 08:53:25 AM »

HEY Chris. This is Laura-Lee from the Gateway Cafe. I finally had a chance to look at your post. Thank you so much for doing so. That was very nice of you. And I hope everyone listens to ya and comes to say hi. And I will now know if someone asks for a HOBO special HAHA!!!!..... I will make sure my coffee is old! LOL! anyways thought I would say thanks alot. See you again. And hope to see many of you who know Chris at the cafe!
You are more tham welcome and glad you joined FWR also. ;D ;D I am going to try and arrange a trip to Yale with our church in the summer, if I can get enough interest. Maybe we can arrange to stop at the Gateway for lunch first. ;D ;D Will see you next week.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 08:54:21 AM »

ill ask for the HOBO special,  ......  the girls will reply,  "oh you know Chris, let me make some 2 hour old coffee for ya and we take bottle returns for payment",  lol    Chris just kidding   good luck on the weekend with the event your helping with
;D ;D ;D Hope your event goes well too.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2007, 10:11:41 PM »

Stopped there again last week, certainly good food at a reasonable cost. If heading out for your vacation, going fishing or hunting this Fall it is worth stopping for a meal.

Floon

• It's all in the reflexes!!
    • Lloydpaskall.com
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 07:41:35 AM »

Sounds just like the place for a couple of skids like Deb and me. We ain't cheap just $$$$ challenged. ;D Thanks for the heads yp. If it's OK we won't mention your name Chris, we like our coffee fairly fresh. :P
Some people think I'm insane. Some other people think I am not right in the head.
Then again some people drive in the fast lane under the speed limit with their blinkers on........
Perhaps these are one and the same people???
You be the judge.

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 08:58:59 AM »

If you are heading fishing and driving the Trans Canada Highway Route One and are going by Yale stop in at the recently opened Gateway Cafe in downtown Yale.

There's a DOWNTOWN to Yale???? ::) :o

B.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 07:27:00 PM »

I hear the Welcome to Yale and Thanks for visiting Yale signs are at the opposite end of the street. ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2007, 06:19:57 PM »

I hear the Welcome to Yale and Thanks for visiting Yale signs are at the opposite end of the street. ;D
;D ;D

speycaster

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2007, 08:29:11 PM »

Nope both signs are on the same post. ;D ;D One on each side. ;D ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2007, 08:59:33 PM »

Nope both signs are on the same post. ;D ;D One on each side. ;D ;D

There's been a population explosion the past year in Yale don't you know ?