Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Upper Pitt River Fly Trip Cancelled...  (Read 4679 times)

Zpg

Upper Pitt River Fly Trip Cancelled...
« on: April 04, 2007, 04:05:13 PM »

Received grievous news from the lodge today...the river is low and crystal clear with no signs of the steelhead and dollies that were thick 10 days ago :( :( I was so stoked to do a serious fly trip but now I'll just have to find another option.
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.  ~Steven Wright

Jamison Jay

• shh....I'm hiding
Re: Upper Pitt River Fly Trip Cancelled...
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 07:47:09 PM »

So what's the reason for cancelling the trip. I can't see the whole fish suddenly becoming empty of fish :D  They've got to be in there somewhere.

Zpg

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 08:17:44 PM »

So what's the reason for cancelling the trip. I can't see the whole fish suddenly becoming empty of fish :D  They've got to be in there somewhere.

Hey JJ

Since this trip costs a pretty penny the lodge suggested a re-schedule as nobody the past 3 days has caught anything. When the water level drops really low and clears as it has done the steelhead move high into the park and the dollies head out of the system. I am actually quite impressed they would suggest a re-schedule instead of taking my money. Nice to see honest businesses.
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.  ~Steven Wright

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 08:26:48 PM »

Now that is a good business. Sure is nice to hear in this day and age. I hope it works out for you later on.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 09:32:53 PM »

I would much prefer to cancel or reschedule than to pay big bucks for casting practice. Nice gesture on the lodge.

Jamison Jay

• shh....I'm hiding
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 09:47:42 PM »

that is a very nice gesture. I had thought the lodge would be able to have the run of the river and reach the fish throughout it. I have never stayed at the lodge but have fished the river from a boat, I gues seeing how we can only run the river when it has some height that may explain the great fishing that always seems to be there ;D

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 09:27:46 AM »

Dan (the owner) is a great guy.  He definatly knows how to run a good business.

CAPTAIN BONK

• Old Timer
  • THERE'S NO HEAD BETTER THEN STEELHEAD !
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 11:39:56 AM »

^ U AND GARY MUST CREEP UP THERE ALOT  ;)