Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Toronto Derailed Again  (Read 6082 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Toronto Derailed Again
« on: March 29, 2007, 07:50:58 PM »

Following the Make Beliefs' win over the reigning Stanley Cup champions Carolina Hurricanes two nights, Laugh fans were hopeful that they can convert that into some momentum and a win against Atlanta tonight. Alas it was not meant to be as the Laughs lost 3-2 in overtime. Another point closer to the golfing season. If you're a Toronto, you know tough.

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
Re: Toronto Derailed Again
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 08:25:41 PM »

Following the Make Beliefs' win over the reigning Stanley Cup champions Carolina Hurricanes two nights, Laugh fans were hopeful that they can convert that into some momentum and a win against Atlanta tonight. Alas it was not meant to be as the Laughs lost 3-2 in overtime. Another point closer to the golfing season. If you're a Toronto, you know tough.

Did you notice how great their secondary scoring was too ???  ;D ;D ;D ;D
I always know I will get a great night sleep after a nice Laugh's loss
TH

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 08:38:54 PM »

In typical Toronto fan fashion the fans will come on here and put some sort of spin on it like usual LOL

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 08:47:52 PM »

In typical Toronto fan fashion the fans will come on here and put some sort of spin on it like usual LOL

Only one Bryan, only one. The rest have given up and gone golfing ;D

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 08:53:47 PM »

On a positive note Canada's team the Canucks are up 3-1 in the 2nd period right now

Belong to the "4 F Club"

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 09:00:12 PM »

indeed a tuff loss tonight....but thats how it goes somedays...c'est la vie...we are still in the hunt...while the Cannots are in for sure....for the first round....;)))

mojo ;D
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 11:28:08 PM »

so much for double digit goal scorers  ::) .....on a good note, the habs are still hanging on.  :)  barely.  :-\ 

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 05:56:36 AM »

no worries BR...Cannots are in for a short ride....and secondary scoring will be the crux of the matter....run the Leafs all ya want....the Cannots can't...won't...never could...its just a tease...I know...been teased for 40 years...but...I have at least seen my team win a cup...'till u kin say the same...its a bull puckey you spew about how great your team, that never won anything is, and how bad mine is...oh wait...Cannots fan...how could I forget...you'll whine all the way to the golf course...tuffer conference...more travel...waaa waaa waaa...as for the Habs...pfffft...bunch of minor leaguers with a captain about as effective as Nazzy has been..you know what I mean..non-existent... ;)

mojo look out sisters...playoffs hockey ain't a gentlemanly game... :D :D :D
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 07:49:26 AM »

I thought you said someting a while ago about not living in the past? You are still living in the past man just like every other Leafs fan. It was 40 years ago, a 6 team league. Leafs have done less than the Canucks since expansion so keep on bashing the Canucks but the Leafs still have done nothing since the Canucks have come into the league.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 09:29:54 AM »

One point is better than no points, we are still in the hunt and  rolling right along  ;D ;D ;D on all four wheels, that my friends is all that counts at this point. ;D ;D ;D

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 11:59:46 AM »

I thought you said someting a while ago about not living in the past? You are still living in the past man just like every other Leafs fan. It was 40 years ago, a 6 team league. Leafs have done less than the Canucks since expansion so keep on bashing the Canucks but the Leafs still have done nothing since the Canucks have come into the league.

I guess the '93 series was nuthin',....huh?????

mojo

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 02:40:36 PM »

Here is a nice article for you Mojo  ;D ;D talk all about that amazing sec scoring you seem to think the Laugh's have

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2007/03/23/leafs-buffalopreview.html?ref=rss

TH  ;)

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2007, 02:57:27 PM »

Here is a nice article for you Mojo  ;D ;D talk all about that amazing sec scoring you seem to think the Laugh's have

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2007/03/23/leafs-buffalopreview.html?ref=rss

TH  ;)
Thats the press for you and it does not make much difference as the Leafs are the favorite team of the majority of Canadians. ;D ;D ;D

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2007, 03:25:46 PM »

TH  ;)

you are soooo feeble in your attempts to discredit the Leafs....but its good entertainment...;)))

mojo knows a 3 pony dog-show when its been iced... ::)

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2007, 03:51:08 PM »

TH  ;)
Thats the press for you and it does not make much difference as the Leafs are the favorite team of the majority of Canadians. ;D ;D ;D

All the press are doing in that article is pointing out actual stats !!  ;)
TH

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........