Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: coffee lover  (Read 9297 times)

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
Re: coffee lover
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2007, 06:50:32 AM »

Bean around the world has been around forever and they make amazing coffee whether you want a nice brewed coffee or a bar drink, you can take from the beans from there and I think it is the best coffee I have ever had even brewed at home ! Tim Hortons is pretty disgusting IMO I will drink it if there is absolutely nothing else around but the coffee is very poor quality, the beans are still green and not properly roasted, they are also second quality beans that have already been picked through by good coffee shops such as Starbuck's or Bean around the world, JJ beans etc ! If you read about true quality coffee and what you should look for you would see that Tim Horton's doesn't meet any quality standards ... they may be cheaper than the other places but because they use sub standard beans they actually have a higher profit margin than the other places ! plus their doughnuts are gross  ;)

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2007, 10:19:57 AM »

All this coffee talk is sending this poor and retired Hobo to Tims in a few minutes. ;D ;D ;D

testo84

• officially a hardware addict
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2007, 11:04:42 AM »

ordering illy :) and maybe drive to jj beans

looks nice kelso

thanks for all the input
hardware == fish

Kelso

• Steelhead 6 Kelso 35
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2007, 11:08:27 AM »

testo84,

I hope you like the Illy. It's expensive but very smooth. Let me know what you think. Are you gonna join Nuggy and I for Steelies on Sunday? We're not 100% yet but pretty close.

testo84

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2007, 11:11:37 AM »

testo84,

I hope you like the Illy. It's expensive but very smooth. Let me know what you think. Are you gonna join Nuggy and I for Steelies on Sunday? We're not 100% yet but pretty close.

yeah maybe :p

i am a n00b though ehehe

yeh definitely worthed
hardware == fish

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2007, 10:42:03 PM »

Chris, i have zero sympathy for you, sell floats to anglers on the side of the river and cash in on the beer cans etc.   the starbucks across from the Burger King is open at 530am and for 2.00 your in for a buzz  that will match the steelhead an hour later on the lower river,   damn you hobos    lol,  ps just phoned nick and looking for a report for friday, water conditions especially
;D ;D ;D You are most likely in bed now but conditions should be good.

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2007, 10:54:32 PM »

best coffee i've ever had bar none..was in Africa...dark super strong and sweet..a whole different brew...you had to have real cream with it or it made your pecker bark...

Now I flat out love tim's...don't know why, don't care what you but rustlers think... i hate starsmucks.... I'm not supposed to drink the sheeit anymore but I always sneak a double double...

Eagleye

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2007, 10:31:35 AM »

I'm a bit of a connissuer myself. For beans try Continental or JJ bean on commercial, Second Cup is also good.  If you can source some I would highly recommend some "mocha bean" from south Yemen this is by far the best coffee I have ever had.  It is one of the ingredients in a true mocha java along with java estate and ethiopian harrar but most places don't have real mocha java.  If you can't find any Yemen beans (I was only fortunate to get some of the owners personal stash once at Continental) then try the mocha java beans at Second Cup(theirs is my fav) or continental. Some other favorites of mine include Kenya AA, Indian Monsoon Malabar, Ethiopian Harrar, Sumatra...  You may also want to consider trying a French Press IMO they make superior coffee. And another vote for Joes Cafe for the best cappucino in town.  The only thing I like at Starbucks is their iced mocha.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 11:01:59 AM by Eagleye »

testo84

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2007, 01:02:49 PM »

asked my dad to send me some best green bean coffee from my origin province : East Java , Indonesia

i will post report later about taste after my friend who is expert in roasting try it

thanks for that input Eagleeye i would definitely try african coffee

hardware == fish

Eagleye

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2007, 02:46:05 PM »

your welcome here's a link to a site that does a good job of descibing the best of the African coffees. http://www.koffeekorner.com/africas.htm  The Java beans should turn out to be good, I've haven't tried them on their own but they are great in a true mocha java blend.

Blue Heron

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2007, 04:54:22 PM »

There is a place in Coqutlem on the north east corner of Brunette and Lebleu. Mojo's coffee beens, it comes from the Island and is
only sold to a select few coffee shops. If your in the area give a try.

OldTrout

• dino on a leash !!
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2007, 06:11:26 PM »

;D ;D

Me I am a COFFEEEEEeeeeee addict,

I live on the stuff and always have.

IMHO since coming to Vancouver in Jan 06 there are only 2 good coffee shops in downtown.

Marios and "The Java Cat"...

ps the only way to drink coffee is large Espresso's or triple shot ameriana as a last resort.

four or five of them a day keeps me buzzing.

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2007, 06:50:57 PM »

Timmy's Macdonalds, are you guys for real?

That crap is not coffee.

Buy Illy beans, hit cafe calabria for beans or cafe artigiano for a nuttier blend...

Cheers, From a real coffee addict.
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2007, 08:26:09 PM »

Camp Coffee iz zee best.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2007, 10:24:21 PM »

Aye Ready mate, brown goo served by a Hindu or whatever the guy is.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?