Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Will you be visiting the Fraser Valley Boat & Sportsmen's Show?

Yes
- 49 (86%)
No
- 8 (14%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: Fraser Valley Boat & Sportsmen's Show on March 2nd - 4th, ticket give-away!  (Read 38635 times)

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: Fraser Valley Boat & Sportsmen's Show on March 2nd - 4th, ticket give-away!
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2007, 07:44:02 AM »

Got my tickets yesterday, greatly appreciated Rod thanks again. ;D Bringing cash and credit, probably join one of the organizations attending that "speak for the fish".
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Deb

bump......... 

Looks like a great show, some cool exhibitions going on this year too.   Marco, though, he's a bit of a slave driver though, hope he  lets me slip away once or twice to check out the new bling!

Cheers
Deb

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Just settled down back home and ready to have dinner after a long day. The show had a great start! The Log Home show section was especially well decorated and worth to be visited. There are MANY new companies in the sportfishing section that you would not be disappointed.

Thanks to Deb for coming out to do some flytying once again. :) Lots of interests on CVRCC, hopefully resulting in future bigger attendance at cleanups, or just better awareness in general.

When you come to the show, we are at the OPPOSITE end from the sportfishing section. If you come in, make a left turn and walk to the end of the hallway, and you'll find pathway to fishing there. We are set up in a row with the BC Federation of Driftfishers and Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC. FFSBC will have these fantastic kids shows happening tomorrow, as well as DVD shows, thanks to Natalie for putting in all the effort. The new freshwater fishing regulation booklet is also available at where we are.

That's about it, dinner now. See you all tomorrow.

Coho Cody

• Old Timer

went out there straight after school today. it was a decent show, not many centerpins or even reels anywhere ??? saw rodney and a few other people i know ;). still a pretty good show ;)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

A few photos from today.

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life

got my tickets thanx rodney and im on my way today ;D ;D ;D. cant wait should be a good time  see ya there

Hook Set

Was there today and it is a good event. Wanted to buy so much but I just can't afford it :)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Another fantastic and busy day. Nice to meet and talk to you all. Sorry if I kept the chat brief occasionally as there were these surges of people coming by at times. :)

Thanks to newsman, DanT'fisherman and flyderaght from fishbc helping out with the flytying today. The instruction was excellent. With the kids participating in the flytying and Natalie's show next door, we were able to inform all the adults about our program. Many brochures were handed out, many interests were shown, really encouraging.

Some more photos at:

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/member/gallery/2007tradex

Last day tomorrow. Floon, fishersak, chrome mykiss and itosh will be tying. Chris will be there tomorrow, come on by. We are at the opposite end of the same hall where all the tackle booths are at, so make sure you hop over after drooling on all the gear. Take a look at the rod display at Stryker's Rods by the way. I was over there and picked up the new spinning rod, really shouldn't have, now I want one for pink salmon. ;) Some new Ti guides and fancy reel seats too.... Make sure you make a donation at the Sportfishing Defence Alliance section (right beside the Pro Fishing Stage).

See you all tomorrow.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy

Had a great time looking at all the neat stuff and some good deals as well. Entered lots of draws to support the cause, and was kind of hoping I'd won some more prizes. The trout pond for only kids to fish was kind of discriminating in my opinion. Most of those kids dads were practically doing all the real fishing and just letting the tots hold the rod. I sent in a complaint >:(
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Blue Heron

I really had a great time thanks Rod. My son had fun at the trout pond. It's to bad though that the parents there were teaching the kids how to snag those trout. It kind of reminded me of Sockeye season.  ;D The spot for teaching the kids proper catch and release was fun my boy is ready for the real deal now. Thanks again

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?

The family and I have a great time. It was nice to tie and give away some of my favorites also nice to see Kim and the girls in the photo. Thanks Rod. My youngest won another rod see is getting almost as good at winning rods as she is at catching fish. We got some great info at the OWC (Outdoor Writers of Canada) meeting. Here's one heads up; with the new mandate for family fishing we can all expect to lakes designated for "family fishing" and we will also see more family fishing weekends.
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Thanks everyone again for coming by for a quick chat last weekend, it was a pleasure to meet some of you for the first time and catch up with those who I haven't seen since last year. On Sunday, fishersak, itosh and chrome mykiss manned the flytying desk while Terry, Phil, Chris and I handed out brochures to many who are concerned about the state of the Vedder River. Many have expressed interests in coming out to future cleanups, which is very encouraging for the organizers. Chris and Terry did a brief discussion on camera near the end of the show, so please watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPtBTH2pW8k

The next river cleanup, as said in the video, is on April 21st so we hope to see you again.

We also did a brief segment with Natalie West of the Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC about the hatchery progress and the Learn to Fish program. If you haven't seen it, see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONpVulVgWR4

For those of you who came out during the weekend, please feel free to provide constructive feedbacks on the show. To improve the show, the organizers need to hear from you.

More videos and photos to come in the next week or so.

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer

Great work on the video Rodney. Good job to Chris and Terry as well. :)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Some footages from the Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC's booth, a demo of what the Learn to Fish program offers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeR35TBic2I

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

A look at our youth flytying workshop. Thanks to Dan T'fisherman and newsman for the demonstration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRBM7b_SDGU