Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fraser River ?  (Read 4118 times)

tavin 02

• I'm a llama!
Fraser River ?
« on: January 08, 2007, 05:39:18 PM »

??? What's with the people bottom bouncing Scale Bar on the weekend  ???
 Did any one see this ?

younggun

• Old Timer
Re: Fraser River ?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 08:06:30 PM »

UR serious? wow, i guess i cant bar fish scale if there are gonna be bottom bouncers there all year long! I was hoping i could get to bar fish it.   Oh i'm wondering but who knew about scale before 2 years ago? Please reply
Fish killer 101

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 08:43:32 PM »

Scale Bar has been popular for many years. I was there over 7 years ago before they put those no parking signs up.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 09:37:46 AM »

Did any one see this ?

What makes you so sure they were bottom bouncing? If you saw then from the highway then its hard to say for certain how they were fishing since its so far away. Maybe they were fishing for cutties or testing out their new spey rod  ???
Actions speak louder than words.

nosey

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 01:53:58 PM »

We used to float fish the scale bar for cutties and steelhead this time of year long before there were any bottom bouncers in the river.  I sure hope what you saw wasn't bottom bouncers.

funfisher

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 02:33:13 PM »

Did any one see this ?

Are you trolling Tavin?  :-\

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 03:24:41 PM »

Botttom bouncing at this time of year ??? are you sure :-\ oh and has anybody been out for cutty's on the Fraser if so how did you do
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

fish2much

• It's all about how you wiggle the worm
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 05:12:03 PM »

I've fished a few times in the last month on the fraser and Stave for cuts, hooked into a couple but haven't found a nice school of fish yet.  Been skunked more often then not.  Where is Scale Bar?

tavin 02

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 05:24:18 PM »

Nope not trolling, I haven't bin trolling since september :D
And yes I'm 100 % sure they were bottum bouncing.

Pretty F'N sad if you ask me. >:(

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 05:31:35 PM »

I'm going to play devils advocate here:

Why is it so much worse for them to be bottom bouncing now opposed to any other time of the year? At least right now they have a lower chance of intercepting endangered upper Fraser coho and steelhead stocks. Also, even if they do catch and release a fish, at least the water isn't 21 degrees and the fish will have a realistic chance at survival. I certainly don't condone this behavior but to everyone one here who is bashing it, I hope that next summer I do not here any reports coming your way about flossing fish while there is no sockeye opening. That is the real shame.
Actions speak louder than words.

charles

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 10:09:40 PM »

I'm going to play devils advocate here:

Why is it so much worse for them to be bottom bouncing now opposed to any other time of the year? At least right now they have a lower chance of intercepting endangered upper Fraser coho and steelhead stocks. Also, even if they do catch and release a fish, at least the water isn't 21 degrees and the fish will have a realistic chance at survival. I certainly don't condone this behavior but to everyone one here who is bashing it, I hope that next summer I do not here any reports coming your way about flossing fish while there is no sockeye opening. That is the real shame.

Could not agree more...  I have a talk with one person (not going to name who) in Barry bait and tackle about BB and Fossing...  My stand was to oppose it.  I really don't see the different of those what-so-call method different than snaggin...  his believe was that is the only way to MAKE the fish bite...

bigguy

• Old Timer
  • what?? You want me to GET OUT and go fishing?
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007, 11:23:17 PM »

Bottom bouncing is very commonly used in the states, it does not mean flossing!  :)

charles

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 08:17:07 AM »

I fished in the state (from San Francisco to SD) for about 12 years.  I even worked on a boat for a while.  The only thing close to BB is dropping a weight at the end of the line with dropper's loop for cods/sheepheads and other fish.  The hooks shop/charters/guides always recommand to put it above the weight.  Perhaps the texas rigs or fish finder rigs with a slider above the hook is also close to BB but the leader is no where exceed 2 foot in length.

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2007, 11:03:49 PM »

Columbia river back boucing is used very often.  It's very similar to bbing.  Setup is just like bbing, but tolled by boat at 45 degrees angle zig zag up river.