Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: add your favorite 2006 hunting/fishing pic here  (Read 17228 times)

Kelso

• Steelhead 6 Kelso 35
    • My Fishing Pics
Re: add your favorite 2006 hunting/fishing pic here
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2006, 03:33:18 PM »

testos, I have no desire to shoot an animal or touch a gun in general, but I always welcome any game meat.... ;) So far, with the several hundred pounds of games being displayed above, I haven't seen any this season in my freezer... Where is my venison... :'(

;)

I have to agree with Rodney, it's kinda strange looking at these pics of deer / moose / bear etc. At my house in the Gulf Islands I feed fawns apples out my hands, have baby raccoons put their paws in my pockets and have seen my Dad tame the odd grouse. On the medium - rare, I mean rare occasion that I actually keep a fish, I don't give it any thought. So what's the difference? Poor fish ? Poor bear? Poor deer? All in the eye of the beholder I guess although I have never personally killed a deer / moose / mountain goat / etc. Maybe it's just the pics. My two cents ...

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2006, 04:37:44 PM »

I'd have no problem killing an animal if I was going to eat it...so much better for you than the crap you buy at the supermarket.  Congrats guys those will feed you well!  I've had bear and didn't like it at all....but like any food I suspect its 90% preparation. 

allwaysfishin

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2006, 05:43:09 PM »

some guys are trophy hunters, the antler size or skull size... or will it make the record book..... I got no time for that crap. I hunt for meat and the thrill of fair chase, though i do appreciate the odd trophy, like the pics presented here. I see far more animals up close and personal that i do not shoot and they are a part of what makes a hunt rewarding.

jetboatjim

• Old Timer
  • catching poachers.
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2006, 06:07:17 PM »

Allwaysfishing do you work at berry's?

rln

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2006, 10:57:58 AM »

Allwaysfishing do you work at berry's?
he used to, now at Steveston Marine along with Capt' Bonk.

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2006, 09:11:11 PM »

I got a 300lb spring bear a few years ago up past Pemberton..the back straps were very tasty..but I had the rest made into sausage. Some of the best sausage I've ever had...I used to go to Wyoming for Antelope hunts...One really cool animal, also very good meat though some will say otherwise...Moose and Elk are by far my favorite though...Thing with game meat is it has no steroids, very little fat and is actually good for you... it tastes so much better IMHO..big joke is when someone offers you game meat it normally means they didn't take good care of it and it's gamey...

best part of doing what we do!!!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 09:16:06 PM by Xgolfman »

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2006, 10:09:03 PM »

no pics guys forgot the camera, we had a great trip, 1 moose 2  4 by 4 bucks, and a black bear! WOOO! Those beasts on the first page wow, either ur damn lucky or got one hell of a spot. Spent 7 days hunting, i got the bear and a buck, my dad got a buck, and his hunting buddy other than me got a moose! We had fun! All shot with 300 weatherby mags. All one shot kills. Wont forget the camera in the spring for the spring bear hunt!

Best friend and his dad went to williams lake to there cabin, saw 16 bucks, shot two beasts, ones a 28 inch 4 by 4 and the other is a 24 inch 6 by 8 non typical, i was so jelous when they came back, there going up next week aswell, ur allowed two bucks a person in there area. They wont tell anyone its just too good! Mke shot a brown black bear this year.

No one got lucky with the draws,except mike. i got skunked for goat, sheep, grizzly, and elk. My dad got skunked on sheep, moose, elk. Mike got a goat draw but didn't have the time to go. His dad got skunked with a grzzly and elk draw, so we all got nothin! CAnt wait till june so i can look in the envelope and see what i didn't get again! ;D
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 10:19:59 PM by younggun »
Fish killer 101

allwaysfishin

« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2006, 05:54:07 PM »

JETBOAT....., hey Jim..... i left berry's last year.... took a full e.i. claim hehehe and am now managing steveston marine's fishing dept, currently at the desk at the vancouver store.. However, I am the guy yer thinking of, we've met many times.

Pat AV

« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2006, 06:21:58 PM »

One of the best things about this year was getting my lady into fishing! She likes it as you can tell by the smiles!

Like STS pics? Check out my gallery at http://gallery.flybc.ca/patav

Spudcote

• Old Timer
  • Let the big ones go
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2006, 06:26:15 PM »

Amazing Chum in that second one
Early to bed,
Early to rise,
Fish all day,
Make up lies.

See you all of the water,