Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: add your favorite 2006 hunting/fishing pic here  (Read 17238 times)

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
Re: add your favorite 2006 hunting/fishing pic here
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2006, 12:31:16 PM »

Killing Bears >:(
Its one thing to shoot them if they come into the city, but not go out and hunt them

::) Uhuh! Leading to another 'discussion' of one fellow's interpretation of what's right, what's wrong, and who might be morally/ethically superiour?? It's a completely LEGAL pursuit Boozi. Doesn't mean you HAVE to partake, but PLEASE, try and keep the Holier Than Thou retorts to a dull roar. :-*

Thanx,
Nog

allwaysfishin

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2006, 12:41:08 PM »

i aggree guys, keep them pics comin... who's got a moose or elk..... come on... post em up  :D

Steelhead King

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2006, 01:22:31 AM »

Here are some pics from out moose trip this fall.....

This moose got shot in about 15 min soon after we got to camp...  2 of my buddies went for a ride while i stay behind to set up camp.  They make one cow call and the bull run right into them.. Down goes the moose in about 30 yard.

This moose here, i called out on a big clear cut block.. It come charging at me to about 150 yard then he wind me; stright back to the timber. Thats happen at around 4:45pm. At around 6:00pm, my buddy went back to the same block but closer to the road this time. He heard the a bull grunt so he follow up with couple call, out goes this bad boy again... He shot him right at the spine and dropped him like a sack of sand right at the spot...
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 01:32:49 AM by Steelhead King »

testo84

• officially a hardware addict
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2006, 01:42:38 AM »

what is the difference between hunting and fishing ?

somehow i really scared to shoot bear but i am ok with catching fish

what do you think guys ?
hardware == fish

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2006, 01:45:57 AM »

testos, I have no desire to shoot an animal or touch a gun in general, but I always welcome any game meat.... ;) So far, with the several hundred pounds of games being displayed above, I haven't seen any this season in my freezer... Where is my venison... :'(

;)

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2006, 01:56:29 AM »

thats a good looking moose! ;D
weeeeeeeeeow!

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2006, 03:17:30 AM »

Those moose are 10 and 9 years olds right?

flyfisherman

• addicted to flyfishing
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2006, 08:44:51 AM »

Thanks for sharing the pic's Marko, looks like a good year, got nothing this year expect more expierience, I Gota learn how to call them in instead of just bumping into one and being there at the right place and right time.

Congrads!
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles

nosey

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2006, 10:12:34 AM »

Just got this blacktail yesterday, doesn't compare to those huge mulies, but it's a dandy for a blacktail hunter.

allwaysfishin

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2006, 12:27:00 PM »

thats one heck of a blacktail nosey!! congrats!! the one i have in my pic at the start of the thread is one of the largest bodied blacktail I've seen where i hunt, decent enough antlers..... but that bad boy in your pic..... very nice. Big mulies are common enough but a big blacktail is so much more rewarding.... the ghosts of the coast as some call em.

Rodney.... let me know in advance if you are comin by my shop.... I'll be sure to have somethin in tha freezer for ya  ;D

Steelhead King

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2006, 12:36:42 PM »

i still got a tag left open, maybe i should go shoot one of those columbia blacktail before it closed on dec 10th.....

allwaysfishin

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2006, 01:43:59 PM »

mine are sure yummy  ;D i always fill my first 2 mulie tags in my blacktail spot, region 2 has a 2 deer bag limit. Last year i had them filled inside of 30 seconds hehe. I generally hunt way before the rut so bigger antlered/bodied bucks are more scarce, very challenging.
I hope to fill my remaining mulie tag before months end... we'll see. I have someone in clinton keeping tabs on a few big boys for me... i'll see if i can find the time.

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2006, 01:52:37 PM »

Marco, I didn't know you were a hunter!

Nice photos... Anyone who eats meat should be okay with this... As a matter of fact, I have a great deal of respect for someone who brings down an animal, guts it and eats it... The proper connection to the food we eat. And it's free range too :) The only one I ever had a problem with was couger hunting... With dogs. We don't need to eat cougar.

mmmm venison... what does bear taste like?

Cheers,
nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2006, 02:52:38 PM »

Just got this blacktail yesterday, doesn't compare to those huge mulies, but it's a dandy for a blacktail hunter.

Nice rack.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2006, 02:54:16 PM »

testos, I have no desire to shoot an animal or touch a gun in general, but I always welcome any game meat.... ;) So far, with the several hundred pounds of games being displayed above, I haven't seen any this season in my freezer... Where is my venison... :'(

;)
I have some nice fishy ducks you could try. ;D You have to be a hunter to know what that means. ;D

Mentioned that in keeping this a fishing web site. ;D ;D ;D