Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: add your favorite 2006 hunting/fishing pic here  (Read 17234 times)

allwaysfishin

Re: add your favorite 2006 hunting/fishing pic here
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2006, 04:29:10 PM »

this thread was intended for hunting and fishing pics..... no one has a fav 2006 fishin pic to add to the mix?

flyfisherman

• addicted to flyfishing
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2006, 04:58:04 PM »

I thought bear was only good for sausage. I hear the steak's are second to none, mmmm steaks :)

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles

Steelhead King

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2006, 05:52:59 PM »

i don't mind eating bear, speically spring bear, they feed mostly on grass and berries....  They are great for any type of sausages in general and this season, i turn them into smoked ham.. ummmm, its good. 

Nicole, i have been a hunter for last couple years and enjoy it very much..

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2006, 05:56:20 PM »

Thickrick with a Troutslayer pose ;D

Almost as good as mine!! ;D ;D ;D

jetboatjim

• Old Timer
  • catching poachers.
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2006, 06:31:15 PM »

Cougar meat is some of the best big game meat you can eat, very tender. I have a friend that lives in chilawack that hunts them with dogs,Its not as easy as you think.(most killed by him are problem animals)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2006, 08:21:09 PM »

Nice leaf hats Gord. ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2006, 08:42:58 PM »

Only in the two pics ;D  I recently was given an old Gord's Tackle Box one in new condition ;D
Collector item Gord. ;D

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2006, 09:01:48 PM »

Favorite Fishing pics, well that will have to do as I don't hunt just yet!!  Except for perhaps a couger here and there!! :o ;D

This one was from yesterday!!

Don't mind the crazy man look, this one is all about the fish for me!! ;D

That is about it for this year, well, that I am going to post anyways!!
 ;D :D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

kellya

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2006, 09:21:03 PM »

Beach fishin for pinks i guess. Had a bad year for fishing :-\

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2006, 09:48:01 PM »

beautiful pics guys!
weeeeeeeeeow!

Steelhead King

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2006, 10:03:47 PM »

As jetboatjim said, cougar's meat is one of the best meat that along in the wild game world.... Its white meat and very tender.   But the down side to it is you must tree them with dogs. or else, you have no chances to get a shot at the big Tom.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2006, 01:23:18 AM »

Rodney.... let me know in advance if you are comin by my shop.... I'll be sure to have somethin in tha freezer for ya  ;D

Thanks Tom. ;) The other two hunters in this thread have already promised venison a long time ago... ;) :P Starving here... :D

Bear steaks? Taste like lamb flavoured chewing gum. ;D They are rather muscular, and a rather strong gamey taste. Steelhead King brought some over for BBQ last year. I didn't mind, since I used to eat a lot of lamb back in Australia. In fact, I enjoyed it. The other ones were having a hard time chewing on it. ;D

I have some nice fishy ducks you could try. ;D You have to be a hunter to know what that means. ;D

Fishy ducks... :-X Are they plucked? ;D

Photos
There are hundreds, so it is hard to pick just a few, but here is an attempt. ;D

February usually means fishing with solitude. The icy bank, crisp air and freezing water plus the odd bull trout make it one of my favorite fisheries throughout the year.

In late March, we did a group trip to Kawkawa Lake for kokanee. The morning started with a lovely breakfast in Hope before heading out. This photo basically sums up the fishing action on that day. Although no kokanees were caught, the landlocked coho and good company kept us entertained.

In late April, Mark and I watched helplessly from our boat while Carlo demonstrated how to find those stillwater trout at Alta Lake. I snapped this photo while Shane was taking a photo of Carlo's fish. An action shot of a hero shot in progress.

In June, I had the opportunity to experience brown trout fishing in a couple of tiny Danish creeks. The fish aren't record breaking, but the atmosphere of this dry flyfishery makes it extremely enjoyable. The colour of the surroundings, the abundance of mayflies, the vocal birds and the odd aggressive cattles made it into a very exciting learning experience.

Our July St Mary's Lake smallmouth bass fishing trip was fantastic as usual. In fact, the fishing was better than previous years. We basically fished until we didn't want to hook another fish. The sunny weather also provided good lighting for photographs and videos.

In August, we finally did a trip with Iron Noggin/Matt on the WCVI. This is a photo of Nina's lingcod.

Our annual Thompson River trip was rather hot, the weather that is. On this day, the temperature reached the low 40s just outside of Kamloops. The fishing wasn't too bad, both Nina and I were able to connect with a few beautiful rainbow trout. Our trout photos are not as good compared to what Shane and Carlo were able to produce.

As usual, we were able to enjoy a few good days of northern pikeminnow fishing near my house. On a light spinning rod, this underrated species can be a lot of fun.

Despite of the poor fall salmon season, we were still able to bag a few good photos in the last couple of months. Here is a photo of a bull trout that was milling around chum salmon redds. We found a school of them, most likely feeding on eggs.

Ross took this photo for me when we went out with Ken for sturgeon last month. It was the only sturgeon that I played on that day, but a very satisfying trip indeed as the videos turned out to be exactly what I wanted.

Eagleye

• Old Timer
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2006, 02:11:08 AM »

A friend of a friend who lived in the bush near Squamish until he passed away last year, :'( treated me to some black bear soup once and it was very tasty.  :)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 02:15:35 AM by Eagleye »

Spudcote

• Old Timer
  • Let the big ones go
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2006, 01:47:10 PM »

Although I didn't catch it, I "guided" it, my biggest to date, 47 lbs.

Early to bed,
Early to rise,
Fish all day,
Make up lies.

See you all of the water,
Spudcote

Eagleye

• Old Timer
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2006, 02:11:36 PM »

Nice HAWG!