Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder Oct.21...  (Read 9053 times)

*Lil Fisherman*

• Old Timer
  • I.AM proud to be a canadian fisherman!!
Vedder Oct.21...
« on: October 21, 2006, 06:48:10 PM »

Ok, so heres the dealio :D
Testo,Roekid and myself finally arrived at the river at around 7:15am, due to loss of directions :D

Anyways, we started fishing with not too many people, althought many more arrived as the day progressed.
Glad to meet you FishFreak, I saw you early;however, I ended up fishing up a bit. FF looked to have hooked and landed a lot of fish along with another fellow next to him who I did not have the chance to meet. Out of the three of us, TRK hooked and laned the most fish, then myself and even Testo's first time...he hooked into five near the end of the day;however, could not land any :P

Towards the afternoon, more and more people showed up and as most would expect, more and more springs were being brought in. Most, if not all springs were fairly dark,thus not many of us kept any. Testo ended up keeping a nice sized spring that a guy gave to him. TRK had a few nice "keepable" jacks as well. I only ended up landing four and hooked around 11, too bad I had too many close encounters with my float wizzing past my face due to the hook popping out :'( ;)

About an hour before we left, a small school of coho's came through and stopped directly across the other side from us. A man to the left of me hooked a nice 6lb TOMATO ;D ;D The next thing I know, the man to my right hooks a coho that is not red but had a small pinkish chrome. The man to the right of him also hooks one that was looking just about as chrome as your gonna get out there. I hooked a few more buzzer beaters before we left but they all popped off, cept one. Boy are those fish ever intent on not being caught! Around 4 fish, I geuss, took me down the river, having to cut in front of FF and TRK a few times ::)

All in all it was a great second day on the vedder for me and Testo. Also a great day for everyone else!!!
It was one of my better river fishing experience's! Mabye try and convince my dad to drive there tomorrow ::)
See you guys on the flow soon!

Oh ya, pics to come sometime tonight from Testo....what a guy, forgot his camera when I was catching my fish ::)

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
Re: Vedder Oct.21...
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 06:57:35 PM »

Well myself testo and lilfisherman made our to the vedder to meet up with fishfreak. We got lost on the way which cut into our time   On arrival I see freak releasing a little jack spring. This was also testo's first time salmon fishing so After a little while of me helping him cast and teaching him, he gets the hang of it. Fishing Stayed pretty steady the whole day. lots and lots of springs but not many coho. On my 5th cast my float dips under and the battle is on. Turned out to be a spring in ok shape. However had enough fish and was not planning on keeping any. Then fishinaddict arrives and says he slept in.   After 4 hours and no fish for testo he was getting a little impatient seing I have landed 7 already and fish freak had got lots and lilfisherman got a few  also.  His float then dives under and he does a wild hook set  and says" I think i have a fish", Yes you do, However he was not the most experienced at this and ended losing it close to shore   This then got his blood flowing and hopes up. In the end he hooked 5 more but lost all of them (you gotta keep your rod tip up testo ) . We decided to call it a day at 3:30. I ended up landing 12 springs, some in good shape, decent shape, and other in bad shape. All fish were realesed. Fishfreak and fishinaddict also did well with the springs. Testo has some pics and I fishinaddict has one!  Im sure they will post them soon!, Good day on the flow and had a blast fishing you guys, Thanks again to testo for the lift, your a comedian . the mcdonalds drive through was funny ;D
weeeeeeeeeow!

*Lil Fisherman*

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 07:05:32 PM »

HAHAHAAH!!!! That was soooo funny!!! I hope his sister didn't get to mad at him ;D
Everyone knows about the "last cast rule", right fishinaddict ;D
Apparently he did not. Oh well good day of fishing with you guys!

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 07:13:32 PM »

drive through was the funniest
weeeeeeeeeow!

FishiN AddicT

• WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 07:20:48 PM »

yup the infamous "last cast"  ;D  it was nice meeting you lil fisherman and testo.  thanks lil fisherman for helping me tail and release my springs. 

Here's a pic of RoeKid's whitey:

*Lil Fisherman*

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 07:22:22 PM »

Yaa you too. No problem, I like getting close to the fish :D
You should send that pic into the "10 Free Stealth Floats" contest!!

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2006, 07:43:10 PM »

Thanks for posting it fishinaddict! Yes im going to ;D < testo has 5 more pics
weeeeeeeeeow!

cohoslayer1

• Bring on the steelhead
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2006, 07:54:44 PM »

my pics are better, my eyes are actally open ;D ;D :D ;)

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2006, 07:56:37 PM »

you caught a fish!, congrats its been a while
weeeeeeeeeow!

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2006, 08:16:42 PM »

Sounds like a fun day.  Way to go Testo - you've hooked your first salmon. You'll be landing them in no time!   ;)

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2006, 08:23:33 PM »

Thanks for the report,looks like you guys had a blast at your secret hole,hows the gong show over there today,i guess a lot of ripper too.Did you guys had any coho landed???  I will be out there tomorrow with leaping steely for more cohos ;) ;)

ko

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2006, 10:03:48 PM »

why is it that everybody on this web site post thier day of fishing and all it is about are chum (the 20 fish i caught ), or springs the (20 fish i caught), theses fish are the easiest fish to catch it takes no skill whatb so ever, ya its great to hear about peoples days on the flow , but really i dont really care about catching chum . good to hear that some guys are catching fish for the first time, but for the experienced angler to report on how many chum , or white springs they have caught really dulls my intrest in reading the fishing reports.

ko

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2006, 10:08:02 PM »

wow , i didnt even read all the posts untill after my first post, and i saw freak basically had the same idea,. so not the only one reading crap.

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2006, 10:08:40 PM »

pssht. you and your stealths danny.

testo84

• officially a hardware addict
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2006, 10:25:14 PM »

pictures

danny is omg !!! he loves to take pictures man...... he isnt even that handsome !

danny with his spring

helped to take a picture for a euro guy coz he really wanted to take a pic but he did not bring a picture so i did a little favour !

danny again getting bored :( !

btw

MCDONALDS is owned ! next destination ??? :P

be careful :p

note to FishFreak : thanx for teaching me some tricks
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 10:27:12 PM by testo84 »
hardware == fish