Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: wading boot?  (Read 2685 times)

lucky

• Old Timer
wading boot?
« on: October 19, 2006, 08:25:36 PM »

wondering if anyone could recommend a decent not too pricey pair of wading boots? yesterday around 4 in the afternoon we caught a girl coming out of our garage,"the door was open because we were smoking fish" I asked what she was doing? and what she took? she said nothing and ran away, right away I checked and their didnt appear to be anything missing, but while gathering up my gear for an early morning outing I notice the only thing that appears to be missing is a pair of size 12 orvis wading boots, Im wondering what a 100lb female drug addict is going to do with size 12 wading boots? :-[

~IvAn~

• Old Timer
Re: wading boot?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 08:41:46 PM »

Probably  going to sell the boot for crack..or for personal use ( thinking it's a normal boot) ...as for the boot id recommend the hodgeman..pretty cheap. So far i had mine for 2 seasons and its still in good condition.

Chrome Mykiss

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 09:27:59 PM »

Lucky, That sucks  :(  The best wading boot I have found for money is the Simms Freestone. They are bar none the toughest pair of wading boots I have ever owned  ;D  I am rough on my gear, have gone through a pair of Hodgemans and 2 pairs of Simms Guide boots. The synthetic leather on the Freestone's are bullet proof and do not absorb water so they dry quick. I could still use my Freestone's if I resole them  :P

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 11:11:15 PM »

ditto CMK..i just got a pair with the studs in um...the hodgemans blew out in under four months for me...and offered no support..

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 07:17:39 AM »

I pronate BADLY and all the seems and the stretchable nylon used in Hodgemans meant they fell apart fast and never really supported my ankles...picked up a pair of simms and I must say they have been awesome.

Eagleye

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 01:52:00 PM »

I've got a pair of Emery Streamside boots that I'm happy with.  They're made out of synthetic leather that holds up well and provides good ankle support.  I've worn them lots in the two season's I've had them and the boot is still in good shape but the felt will soon need replacing. A&N has them for about 100 bucks.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 07:43:39 PM »

Probably  going to sell the boot for crack..or for personal use ( thinking it's a normal boot) ...as for the boot id recommend the hodgeman..pretty cheap. So far i had mine for 2 seasons and its still in good condition.

I just purchased a Hodgeman's for approx. $60.00 So far so good.

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2006, 12:03:17 AM »

Ive had hadgmons, for 3 seasons now, of fishing every weekend. holding up fine.

MERC

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2006, 03:26:56 AM »

If you do a lot of bushwacking and walking, the Hodgeman's don't offer a lot of support. If you don't do lots of hiking, the Hodgemans are ok.  I got a pair of Chota's that I'm quite happy with.  I believe I paid around $90 or so.  They offer good support and the felt they use a tougher material than the Hodgemans.  During steelie season, I do a fair bit of walking some trips out.  Next pair of boots I might try the Loops or the Simms myself. 
President Club S. C. & P.

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2006, 01:58:14 PM »

One of these days I should post a pics of my hodgemans...lol. I've also blown though a pair of sedge boots in about a month. I'm currently working on a pair of chota SLT's (these are the studded ones). So far I've found them to be quite ample in terms of support, grip and are extremely easy to get on and off.

Another place to read up on this topic is here: http://forum.fishbc.com/index.php?showtopic=39369

Nobody goes through boots like my buddy greaseline does.
Actions speak louder than words.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2006, 03:18:44 PM »

Lucky, That sucks  :(  The best wading boot I have found for money is the Simms Freestone. They are bar none the toughest pair of wading boots I have ever owned  ;D  I am rough on my gear, have gone through a pair of Hodgemans and 2 pairs of Simms Guide boots. The synthetic leather on the Freestone's are bullet proof and do not absorb water so they dry quick. I could still use my Freestone's if I resole them  :P
I have a pair of simms as well, and through the first 20 trips or so, they are working great, offer a good amount of Support and still look pretty much brand new.  The thing I like the most about them is that they have no seams around the toe area.  Every other boot taht I have had has always had seams blow around the toe.  Without having any, the Simms seem like they will last much longer.  On the Simms, the seam is back further on the boot, where there is not near as much flexing of the boot.
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!