Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hockey Pool Chat  (Read 99796 times)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: Hockey Pool Chat
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2006, 08:14:12 PM »

Your getting beat by a bunch of nobodies? Thats how you jusity it in your head hey? It cant be you it has to be something else LOL

I guess players like Alfredsson, Tucker, Phaneuf and Brodeur are nobodies  ::). You probably have the worst goaltenders in the league on your team.

Forsberg always gets hurt were you expecting him to be healthy all year?

Everyone knows that fantasy leagues are always won on paper LOL Fantasy leagues are won by managing, getting the right hot players in and riding the streaks.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2006, 08:20:47 PM »

Your getting beat by a bunch of nobodies? Thats how you jusity it in your head hey? It cant be you it has to be something else LOL

I guess players like Alfredsson, Tucker, Phaneuf and Brodeur are nobodies  ::). You probably have the worst goaltenders in the league on your team.

Forsberg always gets hurt were you expecting him to be healthy all year?

Everyone knows that fantasy leagues are always won on paper LOL Fantasy leagues are won by managing, getting the right hot players in and riding the streaks.
I have to agree, and that is the only reason I am doing so well in these drafts is {the rest of the post edited because BB told me I was giving away some tricks, and I agreed!!!} ;D ;D ;D

Oh and Birdman, Luongo got me a shut out, so unless something strange happens, expect to be down something like 8 or 9 to zip by tomorrow!! ;D
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 08:25:43 PM by Big Steel »
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2006, 08:23:00 PM »

Yup thats the way you win. I mean half the team you drafted is gone in both leagues and in one league you are leading. I have won leagues where I drafted like crap and in the end won them. I am not going to get into more strategy since I want to win. Lets not give away all the secrets now  ;)

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2006, 08:24:22 PM »

Yup thats the way you win. I mean half the team you drafted is gone in both leagues and in one league you are leading. I have won leagues where I drafted like crap and in the end won them. I am not going to get into more strategy since I want to win. Lets not give away all the secrets now  ;)
I hear you, good point, let me edit that last point!!! ;D

Oh and one more thing, BRODEUR SUCKS SO FAR!!!! ;D
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 08:26:35 PM by Big Steel »

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2006, 08:30:04 PM »

Whatever, I guess I just don't know anything about hockey  ::)
Actions speak louder than words.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2006, 08:36:08 PM »

Whatever, I guess I just don't know anything about hockey  ::)

Well lets see. I am about 13 years older than you, watching hockey that much longer and only played it for 15 years. You want to get technical I can get technical  :P

I have been watching your posts lately and you have been coming across as someone with something to prove. Whats the deal with that. Also if you make a promise to someone you should keep it.....I wont bring up what its about but you should know.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2006, 08:38:56 PM »

Easy guys!!  Trash talk is good, but this isn't trash talk!! ::) :)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2006, 08:43:10 PM »

I agree but I dont like people that break promises. Even if that something is not a big deal. When someone says they are going to do something they should do it or they shouldnt have said anything.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2006, 08:45:36 PM »

It's called since I said I would do that I've, moved cities, furnished an appartment, didn't have a computer for a long time, and now am writting mid terms. It migonht seem like I'm logged on here a long time but mostly its because I do most of my work on or in fornt of the computer and usually just leave this page open and refresh every 10 minutes or so. To be honnest though I don't really see how you can be calling me out on this. I do it as a favor for people, not because I get anything out of it.

I might seem like someone with something to prove, but I don't. All I want like anyone else is respect.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2006, 08:52:14 PM »

It's called since I said I would do that I've, moved cities, furnished an appartment, didn't have a computer for a long time, and now am writting mid terms. It migonht seem like I'm logged on here a long time but mostly its because I do most of my work on or in fornt of the computer and usually just leave this page open and refresh every 10 minutes or so. To be honnest though I don't really see how you can be calling me out on this. I do it as a favor for people, not because I get anything out of it.

I might seem like someone with something to prove, but I don't. All I want like anyone else is respect.

I guess if you have time on here to post you dont have time to e-mail me and just explain to me. Respect is something I did have for you a while ago. I even tried helping you with a routine and everything about a year ago do you remmeber that? Now I wont continue this on here so if you are so inclined to continue it e-mail me.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2006, 08:58:03 PM »

OK I now know what the heck you guys are talking about, and Brian, I don't see how you can be calling him out on this as well.  I mean it is between you guys, but like he said, he makes them up as a favor, and if you keep treating him like this, why would he make one for you!!  Just my 2 cents.  Probably not even worth that much.  Also, Biff, you have seemed a bit on edge lately, what up??  You want to go fishing?  I used to live in Alberta as well. You know why I don't now?  CAUSE IT SUCKED AND WAS BORING AS HELL!!!  Keep your head up, you will be back here looking for some steelies with me in no time!!

Anyhow, enough of that!!!  HOCKEY TALK!!!  How bout those NUCKS!!!!  YEAH BABY!! ;D

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2006, 09:02:59 PM »

Also, Biff, you have seemed a bit on edge lately, what up??  You want to go fishing?  I used to live in Alberta as well. You know why I don't now?  CAUSE IT SUCKED AND WAS BORING AS HELL!!!  Keep your head up, you will be back here looking for some steelies with me in no time!!

Thanks Dave. I know I've been a little pissy latley. Not trying to make excuses or anything but it's kinda hard to be up here stressing out over school while you guys get to be out on the rivers. I've also got some other stuff going on in my life that is taking its toll. It's not something I really want to talk about.

I'm actually going to be down for a few days in November, so we could also hook up then for some coho action.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2006, 09:06:00 PM »

If I can make it I am in Sterling!!  We'll see what happens!! ;)

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2006, 12:54:51 PM »

Also, Biff, you have seemed a bit on edge lately, what up?? 

Midterms f*cking suck! I just finished my last one on wed night. They make everyone at school on edge. Party hard when they're over, then start studying for the next set.

Welll i definatly need to pay more attention to the first pool. haven't been setting the roster lately and missed out on a shutout and lots of points. And i'm getting raped by Rick in head-head. But tonite will prove who has the better team. we both have full rosters.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2006, 01:21:20 PM »

So lost to rick. Still in third place. I'm beating big steel currently by 3 but only because he got luck with a shorthanded goal.  Biff and Bryan seem to be takin' it out in the head-head. Close match up.