Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder oct 15  (Read 2419 times)

younggun

• Old Timer
Vedder oct 15
« on: October 15, 2006, 08:46:36 PM »

Hey guys hows it goin, went to the vedder today, because of the rainstorm not to many guys showed up! ;D Started fishing the lower river, and stayed there all day! Hooked 17 chum (kept a female) 1 coho (hatchery) and 1 spring (Released). Through out the day fish were moving in and out, lots of chum not on the bite really. *When i got there the water was really low, when i left it had come up a good 3.5 feet, no joke*  ;D Left early so i could get home and prepare the eggs with my dad.By now the water will be another foot, and if it rains tomorrow, well u know what happens when the water rises in river!  :D THe coho and springs will be in the river in the thousands gonna pound it the next week! one guy was screwing around in the mud and got stuck and when the water rose, he lost his truck! We called emergency but they couldn't get to his truck in time! It was a 1999 silverado! Nice truck. So overall for the past weeks i did good, but what is going to come because of this rain is even better. Five feet of water will bring those fish in like a magnet, good fishing and i sudgest u get out on the river! ;D
Fish killer 101

younggun

• Old Timer
Re: Vedder oct 15
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 08:59:34 PM »

i was sure, i this mornin i walked on solid ground to my spot, when i left the water was at my thighs! I had chest waders. I'm 5 6" it rose 3.5 feet for sure!
Fish killer 101

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 09:00:09 PM »

Going to have to disagree with you. Water meter is showing a rise of apporx 10cm.
Actions speak louder than words.

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 09:03:54 PM »

i know what i saw, i'm telling u to get out there, if u dont its not my fault, i'll be hiting coho and u can sit at home! thats fine less people to have to deal with!
Fish killer 101

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 09:14:08 PM »

I think I can solve this rise in the water for you. As I was leaving the river at dark on the other side of the river I saw the activity of the stuck truck you were talking about.

You would have been fishing where the Sumas meets the Vedder below, the Freeway Bridge. ;D

What you encountered was the incoming tide that effects this area a fair amount and I believe this was a fairly high tide hence the fairly big jump in the height. It is around 4 to 5 hours different from the ocean.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 09:20:03 PM »

The area you talked about is a fairly popular spot for 4 by 4's. Actually they should not be running their vehicles in this riparian zone. This is not the first time this has happened in this area.

Ribwart

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 09:29:20 PM »

The area you talked about is a fairly popular spot for 4 by 4's. Actually they should not be running their vehicles in this riparian zone. This is not the first time this has happened in this area.

Well, I'm pretty sure the silverado owner won't be running his truck in there anymore...takes care of one of them.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 09:46:34 PM »

Well, I'm pretty sure the silverado owner won't be running his truck in there anymore...takes care of one of them.

This activity is why you see those new heavy duty yellow gates in this area. They have not started closing them yet but I heard it is only during daylight for starters.

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 09:48:17 PM »

thanks for the report
weeeeeeeeeow!

stinkytroutboy

• stinkytroutboy
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2006, 09:55:04 PM »

roe kid , at least flex if your gonna show a picture of yourself like that ;D ;D
crab cakes

*Lil Fisherman*

• Old Timer
  • I.AM proud to be a canadian fisherman!!
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2006, 09:57:32 PM »

Haha! Oh no, here come the gun shots again! I thought we all already went through this in the summer!!! ::)

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2006, 10:01:13 PM »

sorry i couldnt resist
weeeeeeeeeow!

OldTrout

• dino on a leash !!
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2006, 10:26:31 PM »

Checked the official water levels taken at vedder crossing and yes it is up but only be a few inches.

this site is great for checking tide times etc based on live data:-
http://scitech.pyr.ec.gc.ca/waterweb/fullgraph.asp
Just accept the eula and then select Province BC and choose the river you want info on.

Good luck with the coming CoHo,  all I need is another day pass from the misses  ;D

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2006, 11:03:20 PM »

sorry about the fuss guys! I thought the river came up alot but i guess not. As long as it rains like this for a week i'm ok! Well this guys truck is gone now! Lots of chum in the lower system most still were kinda silver. Hopeing the coho and springs will move up though!
Fish killer 101

Hook Set

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2006, 03:07:47 PM »

ya this rain should do the fish and the fisherman and women a lot of good