Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Capilano Sept 22  (Read 5323 times)

marmot

• Old Timer
Re: Capilano Sept 22
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2006, 06:14:14 PM »

Huge schools....coulda fooled me too.  Been fishing the beaches and its barren barren barren.  Unless theyre REALLY late, I dont think there is much hope for this years cap coho run.

allwaysfishin

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2006, 12:46:11 PM »

i'll add my 2 cents on the coho report as well. Last week a friend who flycasts near the stearman beach and dundarave area did see a (very) few coho jumpers, for a short time in the early mornin but didn't get a sniff. I have also been contacting several charters and 5 or 6 sporties I know and the consensus is...... the coho are NOT there...... yet.

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2006, 03:59:51 PM »

i hooked 4 and went home, so to contredict u i think u should get some glasses!
Fish killer 101

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2006, 05:37:48 PM »

i hooked 4 and went home, so to contredict u i think u should get some glasses!

Really? Like good work then. You're the only guy to limit out on Cohoes off West Van in months--and you probably hooked more Cohos than were caught in the whole month of September by everyone fishing the area--probably August too. I spoke to one guy doing a Creel Survey and he said he hasn't seen a Coho hauled out of there in quite some time.

What technique were you using? Lures? Anchovies? Bait? Trolling? Mooching? Do tell the details.

Better yet, got any pics? (not that I'm asking for proof---would be nice too see them though!)

I know 6 of the boats out there last night and there were 8 springs landed. No Cohoes except for the odd jumper that was seen. 

Do spread the news!

"You go in the cage--The cage goes in the water- - Shark's in the water--Our shark-Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish ladies, Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies at Sea.." -Quint

small_fish

• Hi!
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2006, 08:33:52 PM »

I was planning to go to the capp river this sunday, but from what I heard no coho what so ever,
And I really dought anyone can land a coho from shore on the river with these types of conditions, and having being no coho what so ever in the river.I wonder how you managed to land 4? (unless you were on a boat) So my and my buddy are taking are bikes and heading to a local lake sunday :)

Hook Set

« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2006, 09:08:16 PM »

hey younggun nice name lol ...how far up were yoou wen you caght these fish, was there last weekend didnt see many fish

allwaysfishin

« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2006, 09:33:00 AM »

reports first hand from capilano hatchery staff also support the "serious lack of coho" in and outside of the capilano system. Let's cross our fingers that these fish are running late like many of thier kind all up and down the west coast.