Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: That coho itch!  (Read 11218 times)

Floater

• Old Timer
Re: That coho itch!
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2006, 06:27:18 PM »

Ya Whats everyones hurry,besides i heard the run of coho isn't going to show up ,and as of september 1 the vedder is closed to all fishing except for bottom bouncing,lol, ;D ;D
The hurry is a nice claudy day on the river with the fall leaves droping everywhere! and on top of that a silver bullet at the end of your line! lol
[

James

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2006, 07:24:39 PM »

[/quote]The hurry is a nice claudy day on the river with the fall leaves droping everywhere! and on top of that a silver bullet at the end of your line! lol
[/quote]

EXACTLY , I can't wait until Fall arrives . But long range forecasts are saying it is going to be dry the next 3 months . Which means low water levels , and less moving fish . But will see i guess....

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2006, 07:54:51 PM »

Screw the long range forecasts! half the time they dont even get the next day right im gona hope for the best since last year wasant the best. :(
[

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2006, 09:16:53 PM »

Fishing the vedder so soon? Id wait till the next couple rainfalls, so there will be some water starting to flow down again. :)
The Bigger The Better!

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2006, 09:42:12 PM »

Coho probably already there by now, perhaps and maybe. :-\ But when sockeye are here and open for the flossing, if your lucky or want to part with $15 bucks. I would go for the delicious sockeye, rather than those worm infested Coho in the Vedder. Bon apetite.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

James

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2006, 09:46:05 PM »

Last I heard the veddar was really low . Can't wait for the rains to start.

Worm infested......?
I have never had a "worm infested" coho out that river since i started fishing it when i was 3

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2006, 09:55:17 PM »

Worm infested...it depends on the fish.  I caught a lovely chrome 4 pound hatchery coho in the Chehalis 5 years ago (2001) and that fish was completely infested with small transparent round worms... :P.  Not so lovely!  Otherwise, I don't see very many worms in my fish - but I do see the odd one here and there.  It's just a fact of life.  Cook or chew well!    ::)

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2006, 10:45:07 PM »

Ya all the coho in the vedder and chehalis have worms in them,the worms are huge usually about twelve inches long and are predominantly found in the hatchery fish,they also are  not good for human consumption,as a result the fish don't bite and don't put up a very good fight when hooked ,if i was you guys i wouldn't fish the vedder or chehalis,but i do hear the pike minnos on the Fraser are outstanding ,if you are looking for an alternative,lol ;) ;D ;D :D
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2006, 11:15:32 PM »

Worm infested...it depends on the fish.  I caught a lovely chrome 4 pound hatchery coho in the Chehalis 5 years ago (2001) and that fish was completely infested with small transparent round worms... :P.  Not so lovely!  Otherwise, I don't see very many worms in my fish - but I do see the odd one here and there.  It's just a fact of life.  Cook or chew well!    ::)

I've also caught coho from the chehalis containing worms. Funny thing was, I cooked a piece on the stove rigth when I got home and shortly after I turned on the heat those little buggers started emerging from the flesh.  :-X
Actions speak louder than words.

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2006, 09:43:53 AM »

The steelhead in the chehalis have worms too...big pink 6 inch ones, but theyre usually found in the mouth :).   I was picking cherries all day once, popping them back...they had these little holes in the surface.  Opened one up at the end of the day and it was full of little white worms.  I cant look at cherries the same now.  I hope I dont get any wormy fish this year....

drift

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2006, 10:17:39 AM »

Worm Infested Coho ??? Thats news to me where do people come up with this stuff the 9 i got last year didnt have a single worm in it
We get them up in the Kitimat with worms too,it seems as the years pass the infested fish are more frequent.Like Biffchan says you dont always see them until you're cooking them. :)

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2006, 01:25:48 PM »

DAMN HIJACKERS!!!! whats all this about worms!
[

James

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2006, 01:28:12 PM »

I dunno , but all this talk about Coho season is making me break out the leader line and hooks , and start tying up some .  :D

I normally only fish with wool and spoons if the water is right . But this season i am going to try roe . Anyone know where to get some so i can start curing ?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2006, 01:29:48 PM »

Worms, itch, kind of go together if you ask me. ;)

James

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2006, 04:59:17 PM »

The report from freds is that the water is 1.9m and dropping  :-\ at the Veddar crossing , But..... a few early coho's are already in the Hatchery  :o. Showing signs that a early , yet probably small run is already in the river .

Please Rain , Please Rain ........ ;D