Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alouette River Cleanup  (Read 2858 times)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Alouette River Cleanup
« on: August 20, 2006, 05:08:11 PM »

So I am organizing a cleanup during The Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup Week. I have picked September 16th as the date. We would be responsible for Horsemans Park on the Alouette ( 224th-232nd ). I have already signed up for this area on this date and scheduled it for 8am. It was the last section on the Alouette available. Please contact me ASAP if you can committ to this event.

The official website is

http://www.vanaqua.org/cleanup/home.php

I have some ideas in the works to keep all the Maple Ridge rivers clean. Hopefully they come to fruition very shortly.

If you fish this river I expect you out  ;)

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Alouette River Cleanup
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 03:00:31 PM »

Nice work eddie in organizing this on the Alouette. It is great to see people like you and the guys and gals from Riverside Fly and Tackle who also organized the one on the Coquitlam River a few days ago get these programs going. ;D ;D

Also the group headed by penner and others from Fish BC working on a Wilderness Watch program on the Coquihalla River the last few weeks. ;D ;D

These 3 programs and the work done by the Chilliwack Vedder River Cleanup Coalition are seeing more people all the time caring about river close to their homes and close to their heart. Boy, maybe one day we will have stewards for all our precious rivers in British Columbia, a dream for myself and many others on this and other forums.

I hope everyone that cares about our fish and their local waterways makes an effort to help in some way on these programs in the future or better still start one on a river near them, you can make a difference. Even if nothing else, everytime you go out fishing, pick up some garbage and especially at this time of year try to deal with some of the line left lying on the bars of the Fraser River by careless individuals, this certainly needs attention.

You will find it so rewarding putting something back into the waterways that belong to all of us, rivers that give us so much enjoyment each and every year.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 03:15:00 PM »

I have had some ideas that I am working on to expand on it. I want to get somewhat of a non profit organization going to clean up the following rivers:

Coquitlam, Alouette, Kanaka and the Stave. So basically from Coquitlam - Maple Ridge. I was going to post on here and FishBC about getting a volunteer to work with me as I need someone that is more familiar with the legalities and is also able to create a webspace. All 4 of those waterways are not huge in size and if they were cleaned up once every 2 - 3months it would make a huge difference. Maybe you and Rod could throw some ideas my way since you both seem to be very involved in the CVRCC. It had to start up from an idea and now I would like to do the same with what we have on the north side.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

leadbelly

• Old Timer
  • Dont pitch it out, Pitch in!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 10:01:54 PM »

bump

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 10:07:07 PM »

Thanks buddy. We have about 10 people so far that have decided to volunteer for this event. If you are interested their is still time to get involved. Just contact me or post here. This is a sponsered event put on by the Vancouver Aquarium and TD and anyone involved must sign a waiver. I will have everything at the meeting location when everyone arrives.

Just remember if you take the time to fish this river this is a great opportunity to give back. This will be my sons first time at a river cleanup and I am very excited in getting him involved.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

canoe man

• Old Timer
  • and awaaaaaaaay we go!
    • brandywine marine
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 04:32:45 PM »

hey how come this is not listed on the official website
looks like alot of stuff going on all across canada
really good to see, looking forward to it alot
cnm
president of the HANEY HOOKERS SOCIETY

canoe man

• Old Timer
  • and awaaaaaaaay we go!
    • brandywine marine
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 04:35:38 PM »

also is the meeting location horsemans park
or is it still mapleridge park as i noticed the time has changed to  ???
thanks   cnm

canoe man

• Old Timer
  • and awaaaaaaaay we go!
    • brandywine marine
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 07:37:31 PM »

ok my BAD see ya all in the AM
cnm