Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: vedder or fraser  (Read 1910 times)

fishinmansam

vedder or fraser
« on: July 27, 2006, 05:26:12 PM »

any new reports from the vedda or scale bar on the fraser, or under the aggasiz-rosedale bridge.

Sterling C

• Old Timer
Re: vedder or fraser
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 05:55:12 PM »

No fish in any of those rivers  :'(
Actions speak louder than words.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 05:56:57 PM »

Biff is just Cranky!!  There are fish in those rivers, just not where he has been fishing!! ;)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 06:23:43 PM »

I don't know if you have been down to ferry Island latley(under Agasiz/Rosedale bridge) but when my son and I took a drive out there one day I was shocked with all the dredging they did and the rip rap bank that they put in. A couple of guys that where fishing said that it is now pretty tough to land a spring because you get snagged up on the big rocks under the water that you can not see. >:( >:( . I did not try to fish as I only brought gear for barfishing but I did see a guy hook a spring andbefore you know it he was snagged up and lost it.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Pat AV

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 02:11:36 PM »

The Vedder has been dissapointing for me this year since I usually won't target the reds above the crossing. The fish seem to be concentrated in the upper river and from my observations in the area are all dark to some extent. My friends who still enjoy bottom bouncing are doing very well in the Fraser as have some bar fishermen. The Fraser is a better bet for bright fish.

Pat
Like STS pics? Check out my gallery at http://gallery.flybc.ca/patav