Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which Canadian team has the best shot at winning the Cup?

Montreal (Not in yet, but soon!!  Hopefully)
- 0 (0%)
Edmonton
- 0 (0%)
Calgary
- 6 (50%)
Ottawa
- 6 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Canadian Teams and Lord Stanley's Cup!!  (Read 6203 times)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Canadian Teams and Lord Stanley's Cup!!
« on: April 15, 2006, 10:28:28 PM »

So now that we know which Canadian teams are in, which one has the best shot at the Cup? I am saying Calgary!! :o They are a Sutter team and the have a wall in net which seems to come in handy!!  ;D 

OK so Montreal isn't officially in yet, but they will be soon!! I hope, the more Canadian teams in the better!!   ;D ;D ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

fishfinder

Re: Canadian Teams and Lord Stanley's Cup!!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 12:10:44 PM »

If Hasek is 100% then I'd pick Ottawa. Otherwise,  I'd have to go with Calgary as well.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 12:53:54 PM »

I don't think Hasek will be ready for the playoffs. Even if he is he won't be in game shape.

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 01:01:21 PM »

Montreal and Ottawa will be the only Canadian temas to advance past the first round. Assuming they aren't playing each other first round.
Actions speak louder than words.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 06:21:56 PM »

Not interested until next year when we will be rolling, rolling, rolling right along ;D ;D ;D to, THE STANLEY CUP. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Fishin Freak

• Old Timer
  • Get The Feeling, Toyota!
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 09:20:04 PM »

What a great spirited way for the laughs to play their second to last game going down 6-0. So much for your so called, 'Canada's Team' They could taken a lesson from the Canucks about playing with a little pride for their fans!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2006, 09:27:14 PM »

They forgot to take their Geritol tonight  ;D

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2006, 04:59:26 AM »

What a great spirited way for the laughs to play their second to last game going down 6-0. So much for your so called, 'Canada's Team' They could taken a lesson from the Canucks about playing with a little pride for their fans!

yeah right on FF..... :D :D :D :D...we saw the pride in the past few months when the Cannots couldn't.....oh...and how bout the "shirt off my back" fan appreciation nite in Vancouldn't???.....wonder how many shirts get tossed back on the ice????? :D :D :D....yeah....Cannots pride is certainly a thing to behold.... ::)

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

Fishin Freak

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006, 09:15:03 AM »

yeah right on FF..... :D :D :D :D...we saw the pride in the past few months when the Cannots couldn't.....oh...and how bout the "shirt off my back" fan appreciation nite in Vancouldn't???.....wonder how many shirts get tossed back on the ice????? :D :D :D....yeah....Cannots pride is certainly a thing to behold.... ::)

mojo

Even when the Canucks new they were out of the playoffs and had nothing to play for they still turned out a decent effort unlike the laughs who imploded on themselves! Some team they are!

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006, 09:28:21 AM »

hehehe....yep...the cannots knew they were out of it...Leafs at least had a shot....;)))

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2006, 10:52:17 AM »

OK boys this thread wasn't about how much both the Laughs and the Nucks succked!!!!  It is about the teams that might actually have a shot!!!!  Back to the topic plz!!
Montreal and Ottawa will be the only Canadian temas to advance past the first round. Assuming they aren't playing each other first round.
Biff!!!  That is a rather bold statement!!  :o And From the looks of it they just might be playing each other!! ;D  Never count out the best Goalie in the league!!  Kipper!! ;D

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2006, 11:07:24 AM »

True, but Calgary is lined up to play Anahiem and Giggy has really turned it on lately. Calgarys pathetic offence will not be able to do much against him.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 11:09:10 AM by biffchan »
Actions speak louder than words.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2006, 12:26:17 PM »

Perhaps Biff, but even with their pathetic offense, they still managed to finish first in the division!!! :o They seem to ba able to score enough.  Don't forget that they have been playing Play-off hockey all year!! :)

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2006, 12:40:03 PM »

Not interested until next year when we will be rolling, rolling, rolling right along ;D ;D ;D to, THE STANLEY CUP. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

hmmmmmm.. so I can tell by that comment that you aren't a true hockey fan!!!!  ::) ::)
no wonder you don't like the Canucks

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Fishin Freak

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2006, 02:13:55 PM »

Ottawa has got my vote, heck any team has got my vote except Calgary! Once there goalie is worn out there done.