Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 03/7 another day on the Vedder  (Read 1652 times)

montegobay man

03/7 another day on the Vedder
« on: March 07, 2006, 09:19:24 PM »

HI FUNFISH. The water conditions were all right low and clear  and over cast.We had a bit of rain but it did not colour up. Silver back  was having a great morning!. He well post his  story later. As my time grows short as Fishin Magician reports that the winter fishing in the chuck starting to pick up I am still wanting to fish the flow as it has been a great year on the Vedder!local guiding and new adventures well come too soon. Hey but not yet I am haveing too much fun  ;DAs I casted into run  float down ya mon fish on!! ;DMajor reel screaming run up the run and to other side. Its ready to come in.Silverback sees a white tag on its dorsal fin???. I see it too hatchery doe a round 14lb or so I"am using 8lb max and size 4vision hooks and I don't want to horse it in. As the steelys ready to come in it's belly touch the rocks and it did a last major run for its freedom twisting turning in the current I see the hooks tearing away from its lower jaw I hoped it would come in.But last min it let go :'(I'm curious what the white tag was . I never seen this before as the radio tagging program finish years  go. I'll have to ask Chris G whats up?? maybe reading my post!or it could be a released hatchery trucked down and released down stream?? I never know!! cool runnings Montegobay man ;D

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
Re: 03/7 another day on the Vedder
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 10:19:01 PM »

thx for the report
weeeeeeeeeow!

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 10:40:51 PM »

Thanks Mon, nice report. Too bad you couldn't land that hatch. not sure about the tag too.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 11:44:01 PM »

No fish have been trucked down as it is a rumour only each year as very few return to the hatchery channel proper, just a handfull later in the season.

Are you are sure it was a tag not a lure of some type or rubber worm that someone foul hooked the fish with.

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 05:20:48 PM »

Chris, last year I saw over 100 sitting in the hatchery channel in April. Unfortunatly, they were all quite colored as it was late in the year and I assume those numbers are built up from over the course of the season. However, I suppose it wouldn't be too bad of an idea to truck down fish from the hatchery channel when going to pick up tubed fish. I guess its not worth the money to run fish back downstream when you compare it to the cost of raising 7 smolts.
Actions speak louder than words.