Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 471124 times)

Shinny

Someone told me that if its cold out during a heavy rain storm that the mountains collect snow and not rain therefore the Vedder and other systems don't get blown out as quickly. Any truth to that? Basically saying that 60mm of rain over the course of two days at 16c will be a for sure blow out but 60mm of rain when it's 7c out should collect snow in the mountains and not blow out as quick or at all.... Any comments or truth to this?

Nicolas The Fisherman

River graph nearing 2.4 at the moment and the rain has continued here in Sardis. My guess is the river will be high and dirty tomorrow unless something drastic happens unfortunately.

coyote spooner

Made the trip from delta, arivved at the upper river at 5:45.  Hiked in to spot and made a small campfire.  Started at first light.  In the first hour my friend and I had 5 hook ups between us and just as many missed take downs....landed 3.  2 hatchery and 1 wild. By 9 vis was going fast....headed for bacon and eggs....was worth the gamble.  Was surprised how good the vis was at first light.  All on roe.

swimmingwiththefishes

too warm for most of this rain to be snow.check the coquihalla webcam if its rain/slush up there it aint snowing high in the chilliwack valley.

SilverChaser

This morning found myself and TheLostSockeye pounding the river and watching the river level closely so we wouldn't get stuck on an island. River started coming up and colouring so we hit some spots in the lower and twitched some jigs. That yielded a chummer for TheLostSockeye. By about lunch, the river looked like my morning coffee (Triple Triple) in the lower so we decided to head into the heart of the snagfest (Tamihi/Slab) and gather some roe. All-in-all a quiet, wet, but nonetheless fun morning.
Freestone Fly Co Ambassador
Halieus Outdoors Team Member

BladeKid

• Old Timer

Thanks for the little write up SilverChaser.
Not sure you can call it coffee anymore, when your drinking triple triples though  ;D ;)

SilverChaser

Thanks for the little write up SilverChaser.
Not sure you can call it coffee anymore, when your drinking triple triples though  ;D ;)
I get that way too much.... kind of like drinking syrup  ;D
Freestone Fly Co Ambassador
Halieus Outdoors Team Member

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer

As I don't smoke or play any instruments and I make sure the woman is pleased daily I find myself with a lot of free time to fish if I choose to. Some people say it's impossible to ethically hook fish when the river is murky, I call BS and decided to head out anyways. Went out to a spot I always fish in high murky water in the low mid river today and fished for a few hours after taking a nap. Water is about 3.5' deep, my float was set to 2' deep, 10lbs leader about 8" long with a #1 gammi  (they are only coho after all...) golf ball size chunk of roe and cast out a rods length and wait for the little tell tale bobble before that float rockets under.

1 lucky bastard got away...

***Almost forgot to add as I was so excited at hooking my FIRST EVER  ::) coho and then 3 others a few casts later that the river had around 4"-6" vis when I left***
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 07:16:19 PM by Johnny Canuck »
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

milo

• Old Timer

Congratulations on your first three cohos! To catch your first coho ever and then two more on the same day is an outstanding feat! ;)

greyghost

• Poach the poacher!

Nicely done JC! Wish I could have made it out today, but I had my meeting to attend today. I can't miss any more or the Scouts will revoke my freshwater licence!
Have you talked too someone for a while and thought too yourself.......
"who ties your shoelaces for you"

minnie-me

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!

Two of us, lower end by 930, let 10 wilds go. By 11 it was crap with less than 1 foot.

MetalAndFeathers

Two of us, lower end by 930, let 10 wilds go. By 11 it was crap with less than 1 foot.

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=36908.0

?????

Animal Chin

hahaha...

milo

• Old Timer

hahaha...

What, you guys never heard of time-travel? ;D

Sinaran

::) ::)

seems like the Chehalis is doing well now
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!