Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 470969 times)

LP89CG

Didn't see much action for anyone I could see today. A few chum caught, one guy left around 11AM with a spring and two coho. Was fishing mid river.

Glad some people slayed some fish.

I was throwin roe, wool, metal.

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer

If you take the time to read the other posts instead of assuming the worst of people, then this discussion wouldn't be needed in the first place.

Nice catches TLS.

Wait, you want us to read all the posts? I don't care what they're saying, what they they had for breakfast, or that they floss, JUST TELL US WHERE THE FISH ARE BUDDY!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Didn't see much action for anyone I could see today. A few chum caught, one guy left around 11AM with a spring and two coho. Was fishing mid river.

Glad some people slayed some fish.

I was throwin roe, wool, metal.
River must be full of fish for me to land 2 hatchery coho salmon and a fresh run chum salmon today, most be the Maple Leaf DNE that does the trick. ;D

SilverChaser

Been out every day since Thanksgiving and haven't had the float go under once... oh man this is rough.
Freestone Fly Co Ambassador
Halieus Outdoors Team Member

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer

River must be full of fish for me to land 2 hatchery coho salmon and a fresh run chum salmon today, most be the Maple Leaf DNE that does the trick. ;D

Hey Chris.  It was good running into you this morning in the lower.  Thanks for putting out those garbage bags!  As I stated, I hooked and lost 3 coho and released a sockeye this morning.  I then moved up river and landed a hatch jack and small wild coho.  I lost 4 other coho as well - one beached itself before the hooked popped out and the fish got away.  Nice water up there.

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer

Been out every day since Thanksgiving and haven't had the float go under once... oh man this is rough.

Not trying to be rude but if you've really been out every day all week, and hadn't had one take, something is wrong.

dave c

Not trying to be rude but if you've really been out every day all week, and hadn't had one take, something is wrong.
x2

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Hey Chris.  It was good running into you this morning in the lower.  Thanks for putting out those garbage bags!  As I stated, I hooked and lost 3 coho and released a sockeye this morning.  I then moved up river and landed a hatch jack and small wild coho.  I lost 4 other coho as well - one beached itself before the hooked popped out and the fish got away.  Nice water up there.
Was good to see you too and good you had some good action. I got out for the last part of the day, 20 minutes, a good number of fishing surfacing but would not take the float down.

Novabonker from this forum was good enough to provide the garbage bags. After I saw you someone had taken the one I put up yesterday by the train bridge which does happen once in a while as they use it to take fish home I guess, replaced it and will see if it is gone tomorrow. :-X

dobrolub

Been out all day today didn't see a fish taken, except for snagged / flossed.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 07:45:10 PM by dobrolub »

jeetS

x2

I'm thinking that would depend on how many hours he spent each of those days...

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer

I get skunked a lot too. Maybe tomorrow will differ...

SilverChaser

Trust me.... I am in the biggest slump ever and it sucks.

243Pete

Trust me.... I am in the biggest slump ever and it sucks.
It happens to everyone once and a while.

If you mind me asking, do you adjust your float depth or check your presentation? I've seen a lot of people who keep fishing the same run of water and never adjust anything from how they drift to the depth of their presentation.(I constantly adjust by 2-4 inches with every 3-4th cast till my float does the tilt/ rapid bob indicating I've touched bottom, at which I'll move upwards to stay off bottom) I know I had one guy get frustrated a week ago cause he was fishing the same run but he didn't hook anything, we both fished roe but I adjusted till I closer to the bottom and did a dead drift, landed a very nice wild coho on my 5th drift.
Don't take it the wrong way, just trying to give some advice that can help as I know how much it can suck going away without a single hit when everyone else is getting something.

SilverChaser

Thank you so much! I do adjust my float depth, but not as frequently as you do. I'll have to give that a try.
It happens to everyone once and a while.

If you mind me asking, do you adjust your float depth or check your presentation? I've seen a lot of people who keep fishing the same run of water and never adjust anything from how they drift to the depth of their presentation.(I constantly adjust by 2-4 inches with every 3-4th cast till my float does the tilt/ rapid bob indicating I've touched bottom, at which I'll move upwards to stay off bottom) I know I had one guy get frustrated a week ago cause he was fishing the same run but he didn't hook anything, we both fished roe but I adjusted till I closer to the bottom and did a dead drift, landed a very nice wild coho on my 5th drift.
Don't take it the wrong way, just trying to give some advice that can help as I know how much it can suck going away without a single hit when everyone else is getting something.

SPEYMAN

I would adjust my float after any cast that did not give some indication that my bait was in the zone I wanted it to be.