Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pink Run 2017  (Read 259741 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Pink Run 2017
« Reply #705 on: September 09, 2017, 04:28:30 PM »

I think this thread has run it's course.

BentRodsGuiding

• Bent Rods Guiding & Fishing
« Reply #706 on: September 09, 2017, 06:24:38 PM »

You people are falling for DFO lies. Simply google Whonnock test fishery. Look at the numbers of Pinks so far this year till today.
Now scroll down to 2015, enter area 29dg (Whonnock test net) compare the numbers to 2015. This year is showing far more Pinks than 2015.
Something is highly amiss with DFO and their prediction, because Whonnock says there are many more Pinks than they are claiming.
I hooked over 50 in 4 hours in the Vedder the other day, schools swarming everywhere.
today Sturgeon fishing near Aggasiz they were boiling the water.
Not only has DFO sold out on their promise to protect wild fish by allowing aquaculture to pollute our coast but now they are hoodwinking the public into believing their lies on actual numbers of fish. I have fished this River for 30 years and no way in the blue hell is this run gonna be less than 6-9 million fish. As tax paying citizens we are entitled to eat our Salmon should numbers allow and this run is far and away good enough to allow sportfishers to at least take home 2 Pinks a day.
Go out and explore before you cry the sky is falling, cause its not, you are just being sucked into a political agenda from a corrupt government agency.
Fraser River Sturgeon, Salmon and Steelhead www.bentrods.ca

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #707 on: September 09, 2017, 06:58:43 PM »

Good point. Now is pink retention allowed on the Vedder yet? That will help cut down the hostility here on this forum when people are fishing and in better mood. Lol.

fic

• Old Timer
« Reply #708 on: September 09, 2017, 07:06:18 PM »

Good point. Now is pink retention allowed on the Vedder yet? That will help cut down the hostility here on this forum when people are fishing and in better mood. Lol.
No retention of pinks on the Vedder.

Tangles

« Reply #709 on: September 09, 2017, 07:43:48 PM »

Whonnock got 130 fish yesterday. They also got 132 on Sep 3rd. For comparison in 2015 we never had a day of over 95 EVER, yet we were getting limits starting on Sep 5th.
Now back to Ralph who surely will prove me wrong.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #710 on: September 09, 2017, 08:46:07 PM »

You people are falling for DFO lies. Simply google Whonnock test fishery. Look at the numbers of Pinks so far this year till today.
Now scroll down to 2015, enter area 29dg (Whonnock test net) compare the numbers to 2015. This year is showing far more Pinks than 2015.
Something is highly amiss with DFO and their prediction, because Whonnock says there are many more Pinks than they are claiming.
I hooked over 50 in 4 hours in the Vedder the other day, schools swarming everywhere.
today Sturgeon fishing near Aggasiz they were boiling the water.
Not only has DFO sold out on their promise to protect wild fish by allowing aquaculture to pollute our coast but now they are hoodwinking the public into believing their lies on actual numbers of fish. I have fished this River for 30 years and no way in the blue hell is this run gonna be less than 6-9 million fish. As tax paying citizens we are entitled to eat our Salmon should numbers allow and this run is far and away good enough to allow sportfishers to at least take home 2 Pinks a day.
Go out and explore before you cry the sky is falling, cause its not, you are just being sucked into a political agenda from a corrupt government agency.

Hey man. DFO isn't fooling me either. I'm out there 3/4 days a week. I've seen Pinks in good number from the Harrison down for weeks now as well. I hear you loud and clear.  I'm with you !

NothingToSnagAbout

« Reply #711 on: September 09, 2017, 09:17:23 PM »

any refunds on salmon tags? lol

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #712 on: September 09, 2017, 09:52:19 PM »

If DFO is not a government branch, they will lose all their license buying customers by now and go bankrupt. Government monopoly is never a good thing. Lol.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #713 on: September 09, 2017, 10:37:03 PM »

they don't base the estimates on Whonnock Tangles.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Jk47

« Reply #714 on: September 09, 2017, 10:50:53 PM »

Regardless of where they get their estimates from it seems there is something...well...FISHY going on here....

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #715 on: September 10, 2017, 12:45:23 AM »

See, Tangles, you were wrong.... lol!

Here is the deal with the forum. On my to-do list, it's on the very bottom. Discussion forums are unfortunately on their dying days. It's still here because some of you still use it, and there's good info from the past 15 years. It actually costs me money to have it running. I skim through it maybe once a day unless posts are being reported. I think by now most of you are smart enough to realize that there are knowledgable individuals in here, but a few unfortunately are here to argue just for the sake of arguing, so they can feel like they are always right, more superior than others and feel better about themselves. Whatever makes you happy I guess, seems a little juvenile, and weird. I'd say just ignore it. Don't lose sleep over what some anonymous dude thinks about you lol. That behaviour just invalidates whatever the person has to say, regardless how right the information may be.

Carry on... :)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #716 on: September 10, 2017, 09:11:44 AM »

Clearly this is all my fault and I am solely to blame! LOL!

Seriously, discussion of this nature are common everywhere people get together. It takes place in bars and at family dining room tables. It takes place in science, medicine & the arts. It's been going on for thousands of years and won't stop because someone doesn't like or considers it 'juvenile'. It's the nature of the beast.

Most other discussion forums like twitter and many of the 'comments' sections attached to media sites are often far worse. In many cases comments sections attached to on line news media sites have been disabled as it got so bad.

Overall of all the local discussion forums this one has always been among the best. Best exchange of info and the best decorum among the members. Sure there is friction over some issues and this gets irritated over a couple of issues - like closing salmon fishing on the Fraser.

When it does go it will be missed, I will miss it but business is business. The web is all about business now.

See, Tangles, you were wrong.... lol!

Here is the deal with the forum. On my to-do list, it's on the very bottom. Discussion forums are unfortunately on their dying days. It's still here because some of you still use it, and there's good info from the past 15 years. It actually costs me money to have it running. I skim through it maybe once a day unless posts are being reported. I think by now most of you are smart enough to realize that there are knowledgable individuals in here, but a few unfortunately are here to argue just for the sake of arguing, so they can feel like they are always right, more superior than others and feel better about themselves. Whatever makes you happy I guess, seems a little juvenile, and weird. I'd say just ignore it. Don't lose sleep over what some anonymous dude thinks about you lol. That behaviour just invalidates whatever the person has to say, regardless how right the information may be.

Carry on... :)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 10:02:01 AM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #717 on: September 10, 2017, 09:41:11 AM »

If DFO is not a government branch, they will lose all their license buying customers by now and go bankrupt. Government monopoly is never a good thing. Lol.

Evaluating government departments on whether or not they would survive as for-profit businesses is a little silly  ::)

Besides, the number of licenses sold doesn't directly affect DFO's budget. License monies are counted towards the government's general revenue, with the exception of the salmon stamp revenue; that goes to the Pacific Salmon Foundation AFAIK.

Edit: This forum's pretty good when it comes to civility. The arguments that surface around salmon season can be tiresome but generally it's a great community.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 09:46:08 AM by Blood_Orange »

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #718 on: September 10, 2017, 10:01:13 AM »

I believe the Freshwater Salmon stamp revenue is used to directly fund habitat projects. I don't know about the Saltwater license stamp.

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #719 on: September 10, 2017, 10:05:13 AM »

I believe the Freshwater Salmon stamp revenue is used to directly fund habitat projects. I don't know about the Saltwater license stamp.

I was only talking about the saltwater stamps. I don't know where the freshwater stamps $ goes  :)