Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pinks for sale??????  (Read 8978 times)

~IvAn~

• Old Timer
Re: Pinks for sale??????
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2017, 01:11:50 AM »

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2017, 11:17:20 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbPalyaoqaM

I don't see a problem. He is using traditional methods, harvesting coho, releasing pinks.
This is a sanctioned fishery for the Squamish Nation under their communal license.

The "for sale" ad on Craigslist is a different story altogether.

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2017, 06:20:27 AM »

The "for sale" ad on Craigslist is a different story altogether.
Not to mention the slew of "Wanted: Salmon" ads. I'm surprised that people are so brazen about it  :(

fic

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2017, 08:18:36 AM »

I feel sorry for the kid.  A few months out of the year he has to sell salmon to support himself.  Thank goodness the salmon he sells is not leading somebody to overdose like street drugs.  Not all natives are well out off millionaires like their chiefs and counselors.  A lot of them don't have enough education they can leverage into well paying jobs.

Ambassador

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2017, 03:18:21 PM »

I feel sorry for the kid.  A few months out of the year he has to sell salmon to support himself.  Thank goodness the salmon he sells is not leading somebody to overdose like street drugs.  Not all natives are well out off millionaires like their chiefs and counselors.  A lot of them don't have enough education they can leverage into well paying jobs.
Do you know something we don't or are these assumptions? How do you know the money he is making off selling his salmon harvest is not going towards buying drugs?

I don't feel at all sorry for him. Going off by what I've read on that Facebook pic, that "kid" went to Carson Graham (educated and I assume graduated - likely no longer a kid), lives in Burnaby (off the Rez) and works for the Squamish Nation (employed in a likely well-paying job).

I wonder how the Squamish Nation Council feels about seeing these ads.
"Perhaps fishing is, for me, only an excuse to be near rivers"
Roderick Haig-Brown

Shinny

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2017, 06:47:58 PM »

Your assuming a lot in this statement... and sorta stereotyping also.