Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 470940 times)

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer

Also, I don't have a TV, so I guess I'm stuck fishing in the rain somewhere.

joshhowat

Holy hell its pissing on the river.

I can here it on my roof. Making it hard to hear the tv.

Can't wait to see the graph tomorrow morning.
Eat, Sleep, Fish.

obie1fish

Also, I don't have a TV, so I guess I'm stuck fishing in the rain somewhere.

Or maybe hit the used tackle sale. It's the only place Saturday you'll find a concentration of anglers that isn't in monsoon mode. You won't even need waders! ;)

Nicolas The Fisherman

River graph between 2.45 and 2.50 at the moment. It has been crazy windy and pouring rain out here in Sardis. We even lost power for just over two hours. Got it restored a half hour ago. River will be running high and dirty for sure. Best bet is to attend the used tackle sale tomorrow. There should be lots of great stuff to buy!

TheLostSockeye

Someone pmed me and their inbox was full. So I'll just post here.

I totally get what he was saying. When I posted that the area I fish is very big and there were only 2 guys fishing the opposite bank and about 5-8 guys fishing my side at any given time. I was alone by myself fishing the tail out everyone else was using a different method of fishing spoons , fly ect. I was the only one short floating roe.

What milo is saying makes sense because on that Wednesday there were 14 guys on the opposite side and 20+ on my side. Sure it may be a holiday but I bet my report caused many fisherman to give the Vedder one last shot for the season. Wednesday was a gong show and I only hooked 2 cohos.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Someone pmed me and their inbox was full. So I'll just post here.

I totally get what he was saying. When I posted that the area I fish is very big and there were only 2 guys fishing the opposite bank and about 5-8 guys fishing my side at any given time. I was alone by myself fishing the tail out everyone else was using a different method of fishing spoons , fly ect. I was the only one short floating roe.

What milo is saying makes sense because on that Wednesday there were 14 guys on the opposite side and 20+ on my side. Sure it may be a holiday but I bet my report caused many fisherman to give the Vedder one last shot for the season. Wednesday was a gong show and I only hooked 2 cohos.

Don't kid yourself if you think the vague reports you've put up was the reason why Wednesday was so crowded at that spot. It's no secret among locals who fish regularly that backwater had been holding lots of coho for a few weeks now. I can count at least a dozen people who have been fishing it and I don't even have many friends... It shouldn't be a surprised that words had travelled and it was going to be crowded on a public holiday just before the big forecasted rainstorm was about to hit.

I've posted my reports all season with pics and have still been able to fish alone on just about most days. This is partly because the spots I've fished are not as productive, but I'll take catching a couple per day by myself than catching a few more in a more crowded spot any day. Keep the reports vague, show some nice photos without backgrounds, it keeps the thread entertaining, motivates people to find biting fish and fish properly, and still be able to enjoy quality fishing.

The paranoia hasn't changed in 15 years since this forum began.

TheLostSockeye

Don't kid yourself if you think the vague reports you've put up was the reason why Wednesday was so crowded at that spot. It's no secret among locals who fish regularly that backwater had been holding lots of coho for a few weeks now. I can count at least a dozen people who have been fishing it and I don't even have many friends... It shouldn't be a surprised that words had travelled and it was going to be crowded on a public holiday just before the big forecasted rainstorm was about to hit.

I've posted my reports all season with pics and have still been able to fish alone on just about most days. This is partly because the spots I've fished are not as productive, but I'll take catching a couple per day by myself than catching a few more in a more crowded spot any day. Keep the reports vague, show some nice photos without backgrounds, it keeps the thread entertaining, motivates people to find biting fish and fish properly, and still be able to enjoy quality fishing.

The paranoia hasn't changed in 15 years since this forum began.

Yeah for sure thanks rod. I always take pictures without background even on my own personal social media. I've usually just fished with myself and my fishing buddy in spots. A lot of the time Chris is there. I have so many spots where I can go and fish just the 2-3 of us and catch fish the whole time. Whether it be cohos springs or chums. I only went to that spot on Wednesday because I was fishing with nobody within 30 feet of me the other day when I had so much success.
Just hiked 60minutes to a new spot and in 10 casts with my roe I got 4 chums, 1 wild coho and multiple float downs with stolen bait. Was fishing by myself just me and my buddy.

TheLostSockeye

just filmed this at peach road!! Carving some new runs!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8fn_vJH9Iw

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer

Wow! Maybe it'll chill out tomorrow... :-\

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

If you look closely, there is a school of fresh coho holding in tight at that slack water spot...

Dave

• Old Timer

Thank goodness for the off channel habitat created by those hard working FVWC-PSF-DFO people. Without that refuge from high water, nearly all salmonid populations would be far less in coming years.
Maybe perfect conditions for JC though ;D ;D ;D

Joking JC, just joking ;)

milo

• Old Timer

just filmed this at peach road!! Carving some new runs!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8fn_vJH9Iw

Thank you for putting up that video. Gives us some perspective of what we can expect when the water goes down.
That big slack in the middle is so inviting...Rod might be joking, but I'd kill to toss my fly there.

islanddude

Dave
You are going to have experience more than what you see on the video before J.C. returns, much more. I am not joking.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Dave
You are going to have experience more than what you see on the video before J.C. returns, much more. I am not joking.

I think the JC you're thinking about is a little different to the JC Dave is talking about.

clarki

• Old Timer

I think the JC you're thinking about is a little different to the JC Dave is talking about.
Not according to him! ;D