Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 471223 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Again on a Saturday!! >:( >:( >:(
Story of my life! :(
No rain at the present fairly cool, maybe it will hold for you. A few coho showing and of course lots of chum at dark but had no takers.

DRP79

I am hoping it holds. I'm a weekend warrior myself and have not gotten much in the way of cooperation from mother nature.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 08:22:35 PM by DRP79 »

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer

Again on a Saturday!! >:( >:( >:(
Story of my life! :(

You could always go fish anyways as all it will do is increase your angling skill, a good angler can find and hook fish in any condition.
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

You could always go fish anyways as all it will do is increase your angling skill, a good angler can find and hook fish in any condition.

But then it is unethical ;D

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer

But then it is unethical ;D

Ahhh yes I forgot... So I guess hooking a fish period is unethical let alone killing one. He should just go buy his meat from a super market that way no animals get harmed or killed  :o :o :o ::) :P

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer

Ahhh yes I forgot... So I guess hooking a fish period is unethical let alone killing one. He should just go buy his meat from a super market that way no animals get harmed or killed  :o :o :o ::) :P

Because supermarket meat is made wrapped in plastic??

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer

Because supermarket meat is made wrapped in plastic??

Clearly you didn't see the smiley faces, it was sarcasm...

milo

• Old Timer

I could, but I don't want to.
I don't floss, I don't pluck, and I don't chuck guts either.
So it'll probably be a north side stream for me.

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer

I could, but I don't want to.
I don't floss, I don't pluck, and I don't chuck guts either.
So it'll probably be a north side stream for me.

Wow elitest much? I guess those are the only ways to fish... With the amount of rain expected the only flows fishable will be ones with a dam such as the Cap, Stave and Alouette, well unless if people choose to be a gut chucking bottom dweller I guess...

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Heavy rain all night, will check conditions after coffee.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry

Milo, "in every life a little rain must fall.". I feel for you having just spent 2 days on a 'non-V/C' FV river and connecting with 18 coho over 2 days. Working 9 to 5 can be a bitch. I did for 32 years. On days when the rivers are blown tie flies or tend your tackle. Otherwise find yourself an indoor hobby.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Floater

• Old Timer

Johnny canuck is just bitter he has not killed a coho yet.
[

Old Blue

This is a CV info and water conditions thread, make a new thread for posting garbage comments unless it's about you picking up garbage while on the river.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Conditions not good, estimated visiblity 6 inches at the TCH Bridge a few minutes ago. Rain has stopped for now but will continue poor for a while after all the rain we had over night, sorry for the bad news for those that can only fish on the weekend.

milo

• Old Timer

Milo, "in every life a little rain must fall.". I feel for you having just spent 2 days on a 'non-V/C' FV river and connecting with 18 coho over 2 days. Working 9 to 5 can be a bitch. I did for 32 years. On days when the rivers are blown tie flies or tend your tackle. Otherwise find yourself an indoor hobby.

Every cloud has a silver lining, Ralph.
Unlike most people, I love my job and wouldn't change it for anything else.
As for other hobbies, I have a couple humidors brimming with great cigars that need to be tended to.
My piano hasn't felt my gentle touch in weeks, and my beautiful new girlfriend is complaining that I haven't been spending enough quality time with her.
Well, this weekend will allow me to fix that.  :D

Tight lines.

Chris, thanks for the update. Much appreciated.