Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 470974 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Water is still very dirty this morning.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Water visibility was almost 1 feet by 3pm, and 2.5 feet by sundown.

Nicolas The Fisherman

Conditions improved greatly from yesterday. Was fishing the lower this AM. Hooked two springs, one jack and one adult and lost them both. The jack spit the hook as I was landing him and the big adult decided to leave the run and shoot down a section of rapids into the next run with my 8 pound fluoro leader snapping within seconds. Another fellow angler hooked two good sized adult springs and lost them both as well. He ended up landing a bullet jack which was retained. Another 10-15 pound buck spring was landed by another guy shortly after, so some fish are surely pushing in with all the rain we've had. No coho today but there would have to be a few in there. Good luck out there all!

Justwannafish

Hoping to get out there wendsday afternoon till dark. Figured new fish would move in.
Did some of those pinks get moved out with the high water?

bigsnag

• Old Timer

Hoping to get out there wendsday afternoon till dark. Figured new fish would move in.

Flushed out would be more the scenario. Any kind of sudden high water flushes out the old and mouldy fish of all kind. They'll wind up in the lower reaches of the river causing havoc to us  fishermen . Zombie pinks are going to be the by catch of this high water for a few days.
It ain't the roe bro'

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Water condition remains excellent as expected and fishing is quite good, if you are going after chinook salmon that is.

fishmonk

• Fish on baby!

Fished the river, yesterday and went mid river; Chinook was the fish of the day. In the lower, lots of zombie pinks and Chinook down there too. Connected with 1 Coho but lost it after not checking for any frays on my leader, clean cut when I reeled it in. All in all, fun day!

Howlongsyourleader

Caught several large whites yesterday afternoon above the crossing. One of them got a rock shampoo. It was a marble spring with about 1.5 lbs of roe in it!
Have you seen my float?

LP89CG

Fished the river, yesterday and went mid river; Chinook was the fish of the day. In the lower, lots of zombie pinks and Chinook down there too. Connected with 1 Coho but lost it after not checking for any frays on my leader, clean cut when I reeled it in. All in all, fun day!

I had the same thing happen. Not sure what it was, but when it gave a pull pack after setting my hook, it snapped my leader and my only answer was that it must have had a fray. Few other hookups but nothing landed. Lots of soft/light takes. fresh roe every 10 casts or so seemed to be the difference.

fishmonk

• Fish on baby!

I had the same thing happen. Not sure what it was, but when it gave a pull pack after setting my hook, it snapped my leader and my only answer was that it must have had a fray. Few other hookups but nothing landed. Lots of soft/light takes. fresh roe every 10 casts or so seemed to be the difference.

Bang on with the fresh roe! That did make the difference... ;)

Blackrt03

It's probably there sharp teeth that cuts the line

243Pete

Fished mid-river and didn't hook anything, guys on the other side of us hooked in a few springs in a deeper pool. Had to leave early as my buddy had work before noon. :(

On a side note it was nice meeting you Rod! ;D

Floater

• Old Timer

Water is great today! fishing is slow did not see a single bent rod lots of zombies floating around. Any day now should see a good push of springs and coho.
[

Sagefishr

A good season of chinook fishing, probably greatly influenced by the discouragement of bb on the Fraser. 

LP89CG

Water is great today! fishing is slow did not see a single bent rod lots of zombies floating around. Any day now should see a good push of springs and coho.

Had a pretty great day. landed this one and then three casts later was into another about the same size.
actually my first spring ever.