Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 471397 times)

armytruck

• Old Timer

Clippy  ;D and released
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

Tenz85

Has anyone ever caught a clipped spring and returned the head which had the tag/chip implanted?

Edit - apparently it's a tiny 1mm piece of plastic implanted into the nose cartilage of coho and chinook

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/points/shrp-prts-eng.html
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 11:10:21 AM by Tenz85 »

Stewie

Wow, what a beauty.

CohoJake

• Old Timer

Has anyone ever caught a clipped spring and returned the head which had the tag/chip implanted?

Edit - apparently it's a tiny 1mm piece of plastic implanted into the nose cartilage of coho and chinook

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/points/shrp-prts-eng.html
My dad and I, as well as friends I have fished with, have done this.  I think my friend got a pin in the mail with a report on what was learned from the chip, but that was over 15 years ago.

Floater

• Old Timer

My dad and I, as well as friends I have fished with, have done this.  I think my friend got a pin in the mail with a report on what was learned from the chip, but that was over 15 years ago.
Yah did that years ago got a pin and the a map of the fish migration route that was the best part.
[

Sandman

• Old Timer

If you are slaying them, I would hope you would return the head to the depot.  There is only one here in Langley, but many communities have multiple depots, so finding one close by should be fairly easy. 
Not all those who wander are lost

TheLostSockeye

had a successful day today getting a bulltrout, big white spring and a greyling? looked kind of like a sucker fish with a fin that went straight up on the back.
BE CAREFULL OUT THERE PEOPLE!!!! I came face to face with a black bear twice today!! was about 5 ft away good thing it scared off.
pics of the bull and spring.

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer

Nice fishies! Are those jigs or flies?

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?

nice spring...bull trout looks very slim......ive heard of greyling in the vedder but never seen one caught. talked to a couple of co's this evening. said a few coho were caught today. Thats a good sign.

dobrolub

and a greyling? looked kind of like a sucker

I got a large-scale sucker on a fly this sunday on the lower vedder.

BE CAREFULL OUT THERE PEOPLE!!!! I came face to face with a black bear twice today!! was about 5 ft away good thing it scared off.

I was told there were bear sightings below the vedder crossing and at tamihi. Where was yours?

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer

They are mountain whitefish

dennyman

• Old Timer

Have to agree there are no grayling in the Vedder.  And for those concerned about bears, carry some bear spray with you. For most people better than carrying a firearm.

firebird

That slim char might be a Dolly Varden.

TheLostSockeye

All caught on roe. Bear was in upper river won't give exact location but there are quite a few in the upper.

CohoJake

• Old Timer

There was a bear across from the cement slab on Saturday.  I also caught 2 whitefish - more than I have seen in the Chilliwack river in years.