Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 65

Author Topic: 2015 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 470946 times)

SilverChaser

Went out again today landed 3 more... 2 on drifted jigs and 1 on shrimp. Bonked a really clean little doe. Buddy to my left lost a coho and Buddy to my right lsost 2 coho yesterday.
Freestone Fly Co Ambassador
Halieus Outdoors Team Member

Nicolas The Fisherman

Fished the lower this morning for a few hours. Lots of pinks storming through the system. Landed quite a few of them too. On my third drift through the run, the float dipped and a nice sized white Chinook took my bait. Played him out for 15 minutes, took a quick pic and sent him on his way. Nice to see some showing up.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 11:47:29 AM by Nicolas The Fisherman »

Wiseguy

• Old Timer

Nice looking fish. Should be some hoes around now too!

NexusGoo

• I like fishing goo

Fished the lower this morning for a few hours. Lots of pinks storming through the system. Landed quite a few of them too. On my third drift through the run, the float dipped and a nice sized white Chinook took my bait. Played him out for 15 minutes, took a quick pic and sent him on his way. Nice to see some showing up.

chucking guts? or hardware?

Blackrt03

[/quote

Nice spring

Nicolas The Fisherman

chucking guts? or hardware?
Short floating freshly cured pink roe.

NexusGoo

• I like fishing goo

Short floating freshly cured pink roe.

That's what I like to hear  ;D

Kever

Went out yesterday, water conditions were clear so the fish were a little spooky. Fished hard all day, caught a few pinks but nothing was chrome. Had my success on a variety of things, they seem to like when you put something new on so I recommend having a few pre tied leaders in your waders for easy swap. Pro cured shrimp, red dyed roe, pink flies, and shrimp tipped jigs all caught fish. Being a Saturday, I caught far less than during the week because they had to run a gauntlet of hundreds of lures before they saw mine!

TheLostSockeye

no way i think i caught the same fish in the upper today. Bonked it and cooked on bbq for family dinner and everybody loved it!

Drewhill

If you plan on releasing a fish don't drag it on the rocks.

Nicolas The Fisherman

If you plan on releasing a fish don't drag it on the rocks.
It wasn't dragged on dry rocks. There was still water in between the rocks. It was a quick 5 seconds just so I could snap a picture. No harm to the fish whatsoever.

Drewhill

It wasn't dragged on dry rocks. There was still water in between the rocks. It was a quick 5 seconds just so I could snap a picture. No harm to the fish whatsoever.

Dry or wet rocks don't matter. It needs to be kept in the water, especially its head and gills, even for a quick photo. Take a look at some of the photos that Everyday has posted on how to take great shots without harming the fish.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 10:46:56 PM by Drewhill »

Nicolas The Fisherman

Re: 2015 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition upda
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2015, 11:09:44 PM »

Will do. I try to be as careful and gentle with the fish as possible. I'll try to keep the fish fully submerged in the water next time I attempt to snap a quick picture and just hope I don't lose it in the process. Quite hard fumbling around in my jacket finding my phone while holding the fish in the other hand I must say!

RiverRunner

Dry or wet rocks don't matter. It needs to be kept in the water, especially its head and gills, even for a quick photo. Take a look at some of the photos that Everyday has posted on how to take great shots without harming the fish.

Doesnt look to harmed. You must work for Green Peace?

Animal Chin

Re: 2015 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition upda
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2015, 11:28:13 PM »

Will do. I try to be as careful and gentle with the fish as possible. I'll try to keep the fish fully submerged in the water next time I attempt to snap a quick picture and just hope I don't lose it in the process. Quite hard fumbling around in my jacket finding my phone while holding the fish in the other hand I must say!

Wasn't there, so no comment on photo...

think I got this off of some fishbc article, but if you grab manage to tail it, turn your wrist and get the fish upside down. It calms them right down. Has worked for me everytime. Gives you opportunity to get phone and fish is completely in water.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 65