Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Fishing Etiquette  (Read 53333 times)

hrenya

Re: Fishing Etiquette
« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2016, 07:09:15 PM »

Hrenya, if you read my first reply to you more closely (the one right after you responded directly to me), you will notice that I had given you the benefit of the doubt and assumed you respected other anglers, despite you having just said I was WRONG and that I couldn't say "you either have [ettiquette] or you don't, you either respect other anglers or you don't."  Despite you "aggressively" saying that MY THOUGHTS that I shared were wrong, I STILL gave you the benefit of the doubt and said you sounded like you respect other anglers.  It was only after you then followed that post by saying that the fly fisherman was using the WRONG technique for fishing in "peak season" and that it was the same as you using sturgeon gear at the Cap, it was only then that I said you sounded like you just wanted to be a jerk about it.  If you don't want people "aggressively sharing their thoughts," perhaps you should stop "aggressively" sharing yours.
name me 1 reason why I can`t bring my sturgeon setup , put 20oz or higher , put a spin-n-glow and catch spring ?! I`ve seen that done and it was productive ... so whats wrong ?! except that I won`t use rotate system , but according you guys its cool if I`m a first one at spot

bobby b

« Reply #91 on: January 24, 2016, 07:27:39 PM »

Give it a rest already ..... :o

Was crowded at all spots today for me.... every spot I went to had people planted like posts ( literally ) along the run ....no 'rotation' at all being followed .... I fished the uppermost head of the run, then packed up and tried another spot....same thing going on there ....no one moving....oh well. Chalked it up to being the weekend.... my weekday fishing days are few and far btwn and usually rains buckets on most of 'em... :o
Did get a little 2 lb rainbow and another little fish .....pikeminnow or whitefish ?!? Let both little scrappers go..

hrenya

« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2016, 07:32:12 PM »

exactly , u like this kind of etiquette ? :)

bobby b

« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2016, 07:37:34 PM »

Like ?.... No, but wtf ya gonna do..... I still had fun.... I caught fish.....albeit...tiny.... Didn't see the fenceposts catch fish....

Ya can't expect 'etiquette' on a crowded weekend day after all....

hrenya

« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2016, 07:51:44 PM »

same feelings ... but not much we can do ...

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #95 on: January 24, 2016, 07:56:26 PM »

Actually, you SHOULD use your sturgeon rod, 20+ weight and spin-n-glow on the Vedder next October... Bring a GoPro camera and mount it on your head please.

hrenya

« Reply #96 on: January 24, 2016, 08:07:44 PM »

Actually, you SHOULD use your sturgeon rod, 20+ weight and spin-n-glow on the Vedder next October... Bring a GoPro camera and mount it on your head please.
don't have cam , you wanna bring yours ? I found few spots I can do it on vedder

hrenya

« Reply #97 on: January 24, 2016, 08:14:04 PM »

will cost you , you should fly fish on 1 dock for herring at a 3 raw :D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2016, 08:25:01 PM »

Been there, done that.

hrenya

« Reply #99 on: January 24, 2016, 08:26:59 PM »

Been there, done that.

with all my respect that doesn't look like 1 dock at 9 am on weekends :)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2016, 08:28:39 PM »

Obviously. It's done at the right place at the right time, just like every other method.

hrenya

« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2016, 08:33:24 PM »

Obviously. It's done at the right place at the right time, just like every other method.
this is my point too . so whats wrong with bar fishing vedder/cap but ok to fly fish on 1 dock for herring in a 3rd raw ?!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2016, 08:37:18 PM »

Nothing. Like I said, you should try it out and find out.

hrenya

« Reply #103 on: January 24, 2016, 08:37:52 PM »

forgot to mention , me my bud and his bro went to 1 of the popular spots for coho , my bud`s bro was too cold and he setup a bar rig and got a coho , me and his bro did the same , another coho landed ... guess what ... I saw a flyfishing bar rig by the time we were leaving :D those guys just were so desperate ...  so talking of bar rig , why I cant use it ?! according to people above if someone at the spot spot earlier - they own it , so if I take me and my bud and his bro and we cast bar rigs , pretty sure we can own a pool , what will be the problem if we will do so ?! or 2/3 flyfishing guys do the same ?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 08:41:35 PM by hrenya »

hrenya

« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2016, 08:43:57 PM »

its not like im being stubborn , I just want to understand why someone with gear can do it , and someone with other gear cant .... with using the same amount of water ... maybe even less in my case
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11