Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fishing Etiquette  (Read 53144 times)

hrenya

Re: Fishing Etiquette
« Reply #150 on: January 31, 2016, 11:10:25 PM »

I did felt embaressed that I could do nothing to prevent those ppl making my teacher angry , he is old school pro high etique guy , that was probably 2nd situation I had as described above I had no fun fishing . Lucky me it was pretty easy to explain that it is easier to ignore them and move to different spot , cuz those guys won`t change their mind .... I don't like violence ... and I always try to prevent it ... and I did my part to prevent that ... but I still have even more respect to my teacher who tried to argue about etiquette and rules , although those guys were still yelling that "its not vedder"  ... sad but true

Tangles

« Reply #151 on: January 31, 2016, 11:40:29 PM »

just toss an old boxspring in the middle of the run and wish them good luck on your way out LOL

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #152 on: January 31, 2016, 11:47:19 PM »

just toss an old boxspring in the middle of the run and wish them good luck on your way out LOL

Like the river needs any more junk in it... ::)

Tangles

« Reply #153 on: February 01, 2016, 12:16:06 AM »

or on it  ;D

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #154 on: February 01, 2016, 06:18:41 PM »

. . . this is not vedder/Chilliwack , your rules don't apply here ... 
That is priceless! Usually it's the other way around and they are saying this IS the Vedder, your rules [of ettiquette] don't apply here.
Not all those who wander are lost

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #155 on: February 01, 2016, 08:10:21 PM »

All those different rules for different rivers... :o
Any of you guys know of a book one could buy to study them?
Or a website? Maybe an app?

No?

How about rules of common sense and courtesy then?

SPEYMAN

« Reply #156 on: February 01, 2016, 10:20:37 PM »

There are not different rules for different bodies of water. There is etiquette, which is treat others as you would like to be treated. Too many anglers were never taught etiquette, all they were taught was "catch the fish". Very similar to "road rage", "butting into line", acting like they are the only one that matters.

243Pete

« Reply #157 on: February 02, 2016, 01:20:29 AM »

There are not different rules for different bodies of water. There is etiquette, which is treat others as you would like to be treated. Too many anglers were never taught etiquette, all they were taught was "catch the fish". Very similar to "road rage", "butting into line", acting like they are the only one that matters.

Very true, seen a fair bit of it on the Squamish when the pinks were running. Guys casting on top of other peoples lines when they had a fish on, bottom bouncing at the top of a run, wedging themselves between people who are about 15 feet apart cause "I see you catching fish! I fish here too!"
Common sense and courtesy is becoming more rare especially when people think of fish before anything else. Not so sure why it's so important... I am out to have fun, catching something is only a bonus and sometimes making a friend or two.