Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: chilliwack JAN24, I'm home early for one reason only  (Read 5142 times)

kingpin

• Old Timer
Re: chilliwack JAN24, I'm home early for one reason only
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2008, 10:41:38 PM »

thats cuz you dont catch fish period
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2008, 12:27:43 AM »

Big deal they dont work for him, corkies dont work for me, its what you have confidence in, thats why steelheading as a beginner is so hard, cus u dont know what works because u haven't hooked anything on something
Fish killer 101

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2008, 08:27:50 PM »

A few years ago, a guy landed a silver wild doe but didn't have a camera so I took a photo for him and emailed it later on. A few minutes after he released it, he made another cast and again hooked up! Once the fish reached shore, we were both stunned as it was the same fish. I asked, "So do you want another photo with that?" ;)

This fish and AF's fish are quite different than some steelies we encountered. On a recent trip a guy told me he saw a steelie rolled just above where I was casting. It was a slow day (though ther water is perfect), so knowing a fish actually in front of us (in a small spot) is quite a motivation to spend quite a considerable amount of time to try to hook it. He joined in below me and we frogged the whole stretch of water for eons with everything in my arsenal - roe, shrimp, blades (silver & gold ones), spoon, worm, jig (& what has he). I constantly adjusted the float to get to varying depth. All for no avail. Some stubborn fish.  :o I guess some of you may have encountered such instances. It makes one wonder why some fish behave so differently from others.  ???  Hey I didn't even hook the steelie before not to say re-hooking it.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 08:57:55 PM by Steelhawk »