Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: high times  (Read 24528 times)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: high times
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2006, 05:01:47 PM »

Their are drugs than their are drugs. Marijuana can hardly be in the same sentence as drugs like heroin, meth, crack, cocaine etc etc....

Here is some truth. I grew up in Surrey. I went to high school there. At the age of 15 I started using it. I still went to school, partied like a rock star and graduated. Sure their are things I regret but even if I had not smoked it I would have things I regret who doesn't. Once I got married I never purchased it anymore. I smoke it here and there if it is around me but never anywhere near my kids. If I found out one of my kids was using it I would get him to stop one way or another. Not because I so much disapprove of the drug but because it is an illegal substance. Once my children become adults it becomes their choice. As long as they are under my roof they have to live by the laws set by the governments and the rules set by myself and my wife.

I am not a bad person because I choose to do what I do. I also don't paint people with the same brush and that's what it appears some of you are doing. Just because someone chooses a certain lifestyle does not make them worse or better than anyone else. Some people treat others like second class citizens because of the lifestyle they choose. This is not a fair assessment and you will lose out on some good friendships if you do this.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

James

« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2006, 05:21:30 PM »

Their are drugs than their are drugs. Marijuana can hardly be in the same sentence as drugs like heroin, meth, crack, cocaine etc etc....

As long as they are under my roof they have to live by the laws set by the governments and the rules set by myself and my wife.

Your first line is so true , Cigs and alcohol can cause the same health damages as weed , if not more .

There is a problem with your second statement , your kids are not going to smoke it under your roof  ;D . But if a parent rasies there kids with honesty in mind , then they shouldn't have a problem .

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2006, 05:22:36 PM »

I respect all of your views Doug, and you are allowed and thankfully encouraged in our society to make up your own mind about what is morally right and wrong.  Im not trying to convince anybody that smoking pot is the right thing to do...thats up to them to decide, not you or me (*unless they are our children, whom we are of course responsible for, then we do our best to educate them with facts so they are informed enough to make their own decisions when they are old enough).

And for the record, if im on the river next to kids, im not gonna light up, nor would i light up beside somebody without asking if they minded first.  Common courtesy and sense does play a role with most of the pot smokers I know.

One more thing...Everybody in here touting the "law" as a reason to behave a certain way needs to put themselves in check before they criticize other people for disobedience.  Ever sped in a car or not come to a complete stop at a stopsign? J-Walked? Drank in public? Brought something across the border and not claimed it?  If youre gonna talk the talk you'd better walk the walk.  And for those of you who have never broken a law, remember that oral sex is illegal in some states....is that something you'd follow blindly JUST because its a law?  Ethics classes would do wonders for some of the puritan right wingers found in the lower mainland.  Yeesh!

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2006, 05:26:09 PM »

you guys are crazy!, Lots of people smoke cigaretts on the river, I dont mind aslong as your not blowing it in my face . Now to smoke pot on rivers or smoke pot period, I would think of you as stupid and irresponsible. Escpecially adults. One of my freinds last year decided to do pot for the first time, The kid was great, funny, smart, and never did a drug in his life. But for some reason he tried it. Now the kid Has not been to school for a year, and is suffering from depretion and has to go see a shrink every day. Also aother fellow who I played hockey with did weed, then he started doing meth..ect, And the fellow got shot becasue he owed some guy 1000$. WHY, I look at it as I want to live aslong as possible, so why basicly waste your life and do stupid **** like this.  Give your head a shake. Save the money and buy some fishing gear :), If my parents ever saw me doing drugs, I WOULD BE SCREWED. And I will never do drugs, Because it has killed people I know before and thats not happening to me. Take your life for grantided, because you only have 1.
weeeeeeeeeow!

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2006, 05:35:29 PM »

Its too bad that those kids you know chose to go down that path...but dont think for a second that had they stayed away from pot that none of that other stuff would have happened.  If that kid is needing to see a shrink every day I'd guess that a screwed up home life that didnt allow him to learn to make responsible decisions is at fault...and that his using pot is merely a symptom of his state and not the root of it.  You will ALWAYS encounter people in life that make poor decisions...there are poor decisions to be made all around us, all the time.  The sooner you realize that, the sooner you make responsible decisions for yourself.

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2006, 05:41:06 PM »

Actually yes it is the root of it and its the reason why. The kid started seing things, and thinks he is the worst person in the world, and that his parents hate him. All because of one stupid ******  decision! And if I bet if he had a choice again it would be a different one, And I can name another 5 or 6 stories about this **** ****. So Make the right decision in life!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 05:46:08 PM by THE_ROE_KID »
weeeeeeeeeow!

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2006, 05:43:25 PM »

watch the language roe kid ;)

But yes.. and bbronswyk, how can you tell your kids NOT to smoke weed and NOT to smoke ciggs when you are doing it your self! IT IS EASY to see..
You say that you don't do it around your kids but they aren't dumb.. they will eventually know something is going on!!! In my mind, you are being VERY hypocritical!
it is 100% your business.. but I would just like to tell you how I would feel if my dad told me not to do that crap and he went behind my back and blazed.

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2006, 05:47:10 PM »

Some for the language, I just done understand some ppls points!, I think there this stupid cupcakes when there writting on here
weeeeeeeeeow!

Pat AV

« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2006, 06:08:37 PM »

Good to see the young fellows are united on the war on drugs. I am actually surprised that so many young BC'ers are so strongly against the erb.. Who are we to be telling people they can't have a puff at the river or that they are wrong for doing it. Smoking dubies is no worse for your health than smoking a cigarette (both are bad) one just happens to be legal and the other doesn't if you don't believe that do some research.

That story about Someone loosing his mind from smoking one joint is the most far fetched story I have ever heard you should submit that one to the journal of psychologists I am sure they would be very interested to hear about the one and only case of a joint driving Someone crazy. Give me a break!

That said all due respect to you young fellows for just saying no, you will never miss anything by not killing your brain cells and lungs etc good job not giving in to peer pressure. Just try not to preech so much untill you have a little more experience with life.
Like STS pics? Check out my gallery at http://gallery.flybc.ca/patav

small_fish

• Hi!
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2006, 06:16:43 PM »

Its all in influnce, When I go to partys 95% of them people smoke weed or pop E. And what surprises me alot of the girls do it to. I just dont understand, I get asked alot, But i take my ground. And say no after the millonth time I still say no

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2006, 06:38:40 PM »

But yes.. and bbronswyk, how can you tell your kids NOT to smoke weed and NOT to smoke ciggs when you are doing it your self! IT IS EASY to see..
You say that you don't do it around your kids but they aren't dumb.. they will eventually know something is going on!!! In my mind, you are being VERY hypocritical!
it is 100% your business.. but I would just like to tell you how I would feel if my dad told me not to do that crap and he went behind my back and blazed.

I agree that is hypocritical. Classic case of do as I say not do as I do. It's like telling the kids not to drive while under the influence while you're driving drunk. It's up to the parents to set the examples.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2006, 07:01:29 PM »

I agree that is hypocritical. Classic case of do as I say not do as I do. It's like telling the kids not to drive while under the influence while you're driving drunk. It's up to the parents to set the examples.

I am far from a hypocrite.  So since I do I should tell my kids to go right ahead and do it? I guess from what you guys are saying its better to say that than to teach them right from wrong. I made the choices I made and I turned out just fine. I live a very comfortable life style and have an awesome wife and three amazing kids. Their are some things you just dont tell your kids. Should I also tell them all the other bad choices I made as a teen? I guess in your minds I should and tell them that its alright as well.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2006, 07:04:43 PM »

no, you shouldn't blaze.. and shouldn't smoke.. I have a friend who blazes.. and I ask him why.. he says .. well my bro does it .. and I know my dad does it.. it's fun!
These days he is much slower than the non-smoker I knew.  You can't teach someone what's wrong by doing it your self.

I can't tell you what to do.. I HAVE NO right.. I'm just telling you what I've seen from my experience. please don't take it as an offence.

black jack

« Reply #88 on: October 04, 2006, 07:11:52 PM »

???
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 05:28:07 AM by black jack »

weizen

« Reply #89 on: October 04, 2006, 07:14:27 PM »

I've stayed out of this for a while, but I'll jump in with a quick 2 cents:

bbronswyk,

You're right about making your own decisions, and making your own rules for your house.  I'm not commenting on your choice of rules, or whether you are a hypocrite or not, No desire to go there.....

What I will comment on is my agreement with you that there are certain things you don't tell your kids, but there is a very good chance that by  the time they are old enough to try weed, they'll be pros at using Google....and they will find this forum eventually ;)   Just to keep that in mind when posting about things you don't want your kids to know :)

My 2 cents :)