Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: high times  (Read 24700 times)

*Lil Fisherman*

• Old Timer
  • I.AM proud to be a canadian fisherman!!
Re: high times
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2006, 09:10:58 PM »

Haha, its kind of ironic that I was reading all this and then I scrolled down and saw your quote from the TPBoyz, bbronswyk2000  ;D
Can you imagine the crew, fishing while in character?!?! :D

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2006, 09:20:04 PM »

I for one feel that someone should not knowingly be injesting any substance into their body they know to be harmful. My personal morals tell me that my body is to be treated with the utmost respect and I avoid unethical behaviors such as smoking, drinking, eating fast food etc. Anyone who doesn't treat their body with the same level of respect that I uphold mine to, is in my eyes an unethical person. However, their body is their body and the use of those substances are legal within the law. If someone where to be so thoughtless as to jeopordize my health then I would let them have it. If its legal and not effecting me the have at it. Might not be fair that people such as myself who look after ourselves have our tax dollars being spent on lung cancer clinics but I suppose paying a little in taxes is a whole lot better than dying before my time.

Marijauna is a nother issue. It's Illegal. Doesn't matter if it is decriminalized, it is still prohibited under law. Kinda similar to flossing if you think about it. Illegal, but still tollerated to a certain extent under the law. Some people love it, some people are dead against it. Interesting....

Now that I've spoken my bit, I'd like to say that I'm not a total nazi. I don't smoke anything, drink any caffine, rarely eat junkfood and avoid for the most part over the counter drugs. I have been known to have the odd brew but thats about it. The whole reason for the above speal is that this thread reeks of ethnocentrism and is just putting one camp of people against the other.

Actions speak louder than words.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2006, 09:35:57 PM »

reeks of ethnocentrism

Whats that?
I thought it was about pot. Have a good breath of fresh air(if there is any?) and relax.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2006, 09:40:15 PM »

Yes it bothers me. I go out and try to enjoy the outdoors and get away from it all and some moron is smoking weed.

Unless the tool lives around the area, when they are done fishing they will get in their car and drive home. You can never convince me that people that smoke pot are smart.

So you own the area that you are fishing? If you dont like it than move. I dont smoke pot on the rivers but I do smoke cigs and if you dont like it tough. If someone is smoking pot near me while I am fishing I could care less. If hes an adult it is something he chooses to do and you cant control what other people do. Calling people that smoke pot morons just shows how intellegent you really are.....

Well said BOBO!!!!!!I think pot should be legal anyways.Hasnt weed been decrimanilized here in bc ???

It should be legal in my mind as well. People should be able to grow it for personal consumption. Personally I think people that are alcoholics are worse than those that smoke pot as records indicate more deaths are from alcohol related incidents than those of marijuana incidents. If it were legal their would be no more grow ops. Police would be able to crack down on the meth and heroin and leave these people that like to smoke alone.

Ever heard of medicinal marijuana? Well it is proven that it does help those with chronic pains. So its not all bad.

Even though you can do whatever you want.. I think you should respect others around you while you're having a smoke infront of a bunch of fishermen. I sure as hell wouldn't like smoke blowing in my face when I'm trying to enjoy nature! I've had it happen to me many times and you're right I can't do anything about it.. but put your self in my position.

My 2 cents

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2006, 10:10:35 PM »

I would never blow it in someones face but if I am at a spot I am going to light a smoke. If someone doesnt like it than move. Its not against the law and its not disrespctful since it is outside and not in an enclosed area. I dont smoke in my house as I have kids, I dont smoke in my vehicle with my kids. If I am on the river or on a lake I am going to smoke, if the wind is going in your direction their is nothing I can do about it.....

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Murkeywaters

• Life long angler, arrived in BC Nov 2005 from UK
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2006, 10:32:36 PM »

Hi all,

as I tried to point out in my previous post...

All those who say "don't smoke near me in public" don't have a leg to stand on if they have driven to the fishery.

Those of you who don't want smoke (of what ever variety) in your face, think about why should I as a smoker have your V8 gas gobbler fumes in my lungs! You are just compounding my problems  :)

Even if you don't drive you I bet you use gas or electic at home, which polutes my atmosphere.

It's all just hypothetical but I hope it makes those have very cut and dried views on the matter realise they are not as "clean" as they might like to think.

cheers,

Paul.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2006, 10:55:16 PM »

I would never blow it in someones face but if I am at a spot I am going to light a smoke. If someone doesnt like it than move. Its not against the law and its not disrespctful since it is outside and not in an enclosed area. I dont smoke in my house as I have kids, I dont smoke in my vehicle with my kids. If I am on the river or on a lake I am going to smoke, if the wind is going in your direction their is nothing I can do about it.....

i smoked for 12 years and i had the same additude as you... of course you have the right to smoke out in the open.  the thing is would you give the same consideration (that you'd expect for yourself), towards a nonsmoker if he was already fishing the hole before you even got there? would you care if it bothered him?

i'm a little surprised that a weight fanatic like yourself would even be smoking. you realize you're putting alot of pressure on your heart and you won't be able to reach your full potential if you continue to smoke. talk about a shock to your system. :-\

Bonanza

« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2006, 10:59:46 PM »

Man do we ever need some rain! Havent seen 4 pages on any fishing topic since sept 3rd! As far as the green , dont use it my self but have fished with lots of guys that do. Never had any toker bother me! Most kids see all this and much more at elementary school , so no need to use that as an excuse to get on the high horse if you know what I mean. The only reason guys dont want the kids to see the smoke is because they dont want the kids to tell the mom that dad had a few tokes.LOL :o

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2006, 11:19:54 PM »

Man do we ever need some rain! Havent seen 4 pages on any fishing topic since sept 3rd! As far as the green , dont use it my self but have fished with lots of guys that do. Never had any toker bother me! Most kids see all this and much more at elementary school , so no need to use that as an excuse to get on the high horse if you know what I mean. The only reason guys dont want the kids to see the smoke is because they dont want the kids to tell the mom that dad had a few tokes.LOL :o

wow i'm just amazed at the cavalier attitude towards doing illegal drugs. not even taking into consideration the potential dangers that can arise while out on the flow or the fact that those guys will probably end up driving while under the influence.

most of the guys who support the use of marijuana are also the same guys who give criticism and vent their frustations towards unethical fishing practices and behavior. what a bunch of self righteous hypocrits. ???

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2006, 11:51:30 PM »

Not safe to do illegal drugs period!, But doing them around water!, thats just insane!
weeeeeeeeeow!

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2006, 12:12:45 AM »

THis is all just too stupid...

Stoned people are good for the rivers...If a bear shows up I know my sorry a$$ ain't gonna be the one he catches...

Yeah, just remember...it's gentle ben, now go feed him your arm... 8)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2006, 12:14:39 AM »

wow i'm just amazed at the cavalier attitude towards doing illegal drugs. not even taking into consideration the potential dangers that can arise while out on the flow or the fact that those guys will probably end up driving while under the influence.

Well said.

Nina

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2006, 12:22:51 AM »

I am glad to see that the younger users of this forum seem to be the wise and responsible people in this debate.

Doing drugs is wrong and illegal. People doing drugs can say whatever they want to convince themselves otherwise; they are gonna be the sorry ones.

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2006, 12:26:43 AM »

THis is all just too stupid...

Stoned people are good for the rivers...If a bear shows up I know my sorry a$$ ain't gonna be the one he catches...

Yeah, just remember...it's gentle ben, now go feed him your arm... 8)

I know you're just joking.. (Hopefully)
bUt hoesntly, I wouldn't want to see anyone hurt on the river.. even if this person was a complete drunken idiot.

chronic

• Don't eat $hit
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2006, 01:01:38 AM »

To whoever said that caffeine, alcohol and other legal "drugs" kids consume before other substances are the real gateway drugs is absolutely right in my opinion. I think that harder drugs like heroin for example should be left out of this debate. Those are all synthetic and don't really have a connection to pot. I mean IT"S JUST A FLOWER. Marijuana/hemp has over a thousand POSITIVE uses and to me saying that marijuana should be illegal is like saying God made a mistake(for those who believe). Why the pigs spent so much time chasing this plant I will never quite understand. Like the saying goes, "Regulate, Educate, Medicate"