Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2013/14 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 90432 times)

fisharoo

Wow! That's a handsome fish!! Such a nice colour   :D

NexusGoo

• I like fishing goo

Anyone know what the vis is like right now? Planning on heading out tmr for a couple hours before work. Thanks

tburns

Anyone know what the vis is like right now? Planning on heading out tmr for a couple hours before work. Thanks

~2-3 feet of vis.  Saw 3 fish taken today, they were biting!  Sadly, I'm still bingo on the fly for the season

NexusGoo

• I like fishing goo

That's great to hear Tburns thanks. Good luck on hitting one on the fly. Only one Ive pulled in this year was on a colorado blade.

G-Ratt

Was out yesterday, most action I've seen around all season. Saw 1 taken, 3 lost, and a few missed strikes. All on egg imitations.

Water was gin clear in the upper. Probably about 3 feet in the lower.

Began to rain heavily around 3 pm and we packed it up.

Great day on the water.

tburns

That's great to hear Tburns thanks. Good luck on hitting one on the fly. Only one Ive pulled in this year was on a colorado blade.

Thanks nexus.  Of note: I did see a salmon fry swimming around in the rocks...  My observations were pre-rain as well

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

They say steelhead are fish of a thousand casts, well that was not the case today as it only took about 15 to put a hatchery on the bank today. Well maybe it makes up for several thousand casts earlier in the season that saw the Maple Leaf DNE and Maple Leaf Drennan drift down river uninterrupted.

Good to have  fresh fish again as it now is cooking nicely in the oven as I type this.

PS needless to say water conditions were ideal.

CohoMan

• Old Timer

Mine today...

Nick with one today....
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 06:06:06 PM by CohoMan »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

I hear water condition are OK now after being a bit colored earlier so off and hope for a repeat of yesterday.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry

Conditions were perfect in the bottom end late yesterday afternoon. I hooked a fish briefly at the end of my day on a #3 Gold Colorado. The float went down, I felt the fish it rolled subsurface - but I got a good look at it and it was gone. First touch from a steelhead in 7 trips this season.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Rieber

• Old Timer

Conditions were perfect in the bottom end late yesterday afternoon. I hooked a fish briefly at the end of my day on a #3 Gold Colorado. The float went down, I felt the fish it rolled subsurface - but I got a good look at it and it was gone. First touch from a steelhead in 7 trips this season.

At least you can honestly say you had a solid touch. Many haven't even been that lucky this year but there have been more reports over the past two weeks. I had written this year off but I guess its not over till its over. I better check my gear and take some sacks out of the freezer for tomorrow.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

At least you can honestly say you had a solid touch. Many haven't even been that lucky this year but there have been more reports over the past two weeks. I had written this year off but I guess its not over till its over. I better check my gear and take some sacks out of the freezer for tomorrow.
Can't miss now. ;D Hit the river at first light.

liketofish

• Old Timer

Is the river fishable with today's heavy rain?

mvelasco

Is the river fishable with today's heavy rain?
It was...took one on the fly today.

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer

Any word on conditions?