Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 471031 times)

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer

Any updates? It's not raining in Vantown, how's the water today?

milo

• Old Timer

Any updates? It's not raining in Vantown, how's the water today?

My field agents say it has dropped about two feet since yesterday, but still very dirty with little to no visibility. Perfect conditions for TOW-ers (and for JC), I guess.
Those planning to fish Tamahi Rapids should arrive well before sunrise to secure a parking spot. ;D

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer

Do you think it likely that the water conditions will improve by tomorrow?

How long does the river take to recover from a blowout like that?

dobrolub

Alway check the cams. The last picture shows conditions now. Second picture is what you want the river to look like.

At 13:50 today I'd estimate vis at 12"

October 30

Nov 2, 1:30 PM

Now:

TheLostSockeye

Alway check the cams. The last picture shows conditions now. Second picture is what you want the river to look like.

At 13:50 today I'd estimate vis at 12"

October 30

Nov 2, 1:30 PM

Now:

Nope it's about 0-1inch vis. Just walked the dog along the river by there

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer

Well, that's a bit of a let down.

If the Chedder is toast, does that mean all systems are pooched, or can other systems handle the rain better?

I guess yes I'm asking for a different system to fish. I'm committed to fishing somewhere tomorrow, rented a car etc., fixed the leaky waders (I hope). This will almost certainly be the last chance for coho this year, so if someone could throw me a bone that would be very appreciated.

I understand no one like to say online, but a PM from someone more experienced with lower mainland fishing would be pretty great:)

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?

vedder will b toast for a while...more rain is expected. just drive to stave or dewdney slough. north side clears up faster.

milo

• Old Timer

This will almost certainly be the last chance for coho this year, so if someone could throw me a bone that would be very appreciated.
Try the northern side of the Fraser...Nicomen Slough, Inch Creek, perhaps even the Chehalis or Harrison. I'd place my money on the Nic.
The Stave is another option if you don't mind the crowds.

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer

Thanks,

All in the same hood. NS here I come...

dave c

Try the northern side of the Fraser...Nicomen Slough, Inch Creek, perhaps even the Chehalis or Harrison. I'd place my money on the Nic.
The Stave is another option if you don't mind the crowds.
Nic and Inch is 10 minutes from my house.  Was shocked to see about 100 cars there today.  Looking down Inch guys shoulder to shoulder just like the Canal.  This little system was taking a beating.

Spoonman

• Chehalis Canyon Vigilante

...sorry to nit-pic but the fishible waterway is Norrish (Suicide) creek   Norrish (Suicide) Creek

Coho

Apr 01-Mar 31

4 hatchery marked fish per day, only 2 over 35 cm. .......not Inch.....Inch Creek

from the hatchery outlet to the confluence with Norrish Creek/ Nicomen Slough.

All

Apr 01-Mar 31

No fishing for salmon.
member; Jack Daniels Pro-Staff / member;Team Hardcore Old Fart

clarki

• Old Timer

Nic and Inch is 10 minutes from my house.  Was shocked to see about 100 cars there today.  Looking down Inch guys shoulder to shoulder just like the Canal.  This little system was taking a beating.

What shape was the water in today, Dave? I was hunting for fishable water yesterday and drove over Norrish Creek. It was solid mud and was just raging. It was just a few feet under the CP Rail bridge and I actually felt a little insecure driving across the bailey bridge with that torrent not too far below me. And Nicomen Slough downstream of Norrish was a mess.

I did find coho in the slough further upstream of Norrish where the water was coloured, but definitely fishable, but I was fishing in the grass.

milo

• Old Timer

...sorry to nit-pic but the fishible waterway is Norrish (Suicide) creek   Norrish (Suicide) Creek

Coho

Apr 01-Mar 31

4 hatchery marked fish per day, only 2 over 35 cm. .......not Inch.....Inch Creek

from the hatchery outlet to the confluence with Norrish Creek/ Nicomen Slough.

All

Apr 01-Mar 31

No fishing for salmon.

You are correct spoonman. I just refer to both systems as Inch creek since all the fish there are produced by the Inch creek hatchery.
Thanks for clarifying it.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....

Nicomen and Norrish were two of my go to for the fall. Over the past couple years I have fished it less and less because of the people. Even some of the more out of the way spots that need to be hiked into are busy. I fish a couple other places now and leave those to others.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

dave c

Clarki, I messaged you.