Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2009 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 166639 times)

tnt

Re: 2009 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates
« Reply #240 on: February 28, 2009, 02:35:48 PM »

like Chris said river looked good today...if you can handle the wind you will find fish.... I saw three fish today and lost one after a quick battle....plus missed 2 due to unforseen circumstances....
Just because you have a pin rod doesnt mean you know how to fish it.....

Every Day

• Old Timer

Water vis is terrible.... 0 vis in lower. Big chunk fell off at Slesse today.

WEEFISH

I came down from the top around 1 pm and the mid areas already looked a little less grey than when I drove up. Its grey , not muddy  ??? if that helps...a little bit of visibility but not much. ;)
<"((((><

Every Day

• Old Timer

I talked to a friend who WAS THERE, when it let go....
He said it was a pretty large chunk, so my guess is it will be a good 3 days before it is in decent conditions.
Could be wrong, but I will definatley be heading up top tomorrow.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Alright Ghost Fish, I'll rephrase my query.  To those "in the know", that is, to those more experiensed with a sluff(sp?) as desribed at Slesse, would the river clean up enough by tomorrow to allow for a foot or two of visibility?
I did not look at it and not sure how much clay fell in so it I guess will be a toss up. Sorry thats all I can say. I will take a look tomorrow am and If I have not posted by 10 I will be fishing. ;D ;D
Sorry got a late start this am, still in the night clothes  :-[ and too much badminton last night. ;D ;D Will go and look in a few minutes before I have breakfast and go to Tim Hortons. Maybe if it is in good shape I will go to Cookies to celebrate. I will report back to anyone interested within the hour.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

At 9:45 AM by the freeway bridge the visibility was approaching 2 feet. We are getting light rain noe but fairly cool. I have a feeling I might even get one today, after breakfast and a coffee at Tims. At this rate I may get to the river by 12 as while checking the water clarity I discovered a hole in my waders. ::)Glue drying now.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Conditions good at dark, more details under fishing reports.

Every Day

• Old Timer

Conditions were good this afternoon.
Had 2 hours to fish, only decided to stay for one as the wind was really making it hard to cast.
That and I don't think it looks natural to have your bait going upriver  :D

Water has a very nice green tinge and around 2-3 feet visibility.
It looks very silty from up on the road but once you get down to it, it looks great.
Looks to have dropped a little, but it seems like a storm is heading our way with some pretty dark clouds incoming.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Sunny out now and fish were taken today.

PistolPete

River is good wind not so much howling from the SW

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

River is good wind not so much howling from the SW
Yes looked good this morning on the way to the Tradex show but looked a bit cloudy on the way back at 4. Maybe some can give a better report. A bit of snow coming down now, so cool out.

hue-nut

• Old Timer

was fishing the lower this afternoon, vis was a little worse than yesterday but still 3 feet i'd say. Saw one fish taken while I was there, other than that slow. Heard some reports of multiple fish taken mid river.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water conditions were favorable looking but a stong wind is blowing. A derby was being held around the Hydro Bridge. Talked to one fellow who said 3 had been caught in it.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

I went for a couple casts, but by 11 the wind was really picking up, so packed up and went home. I dont even think the temperature hit the positives while I was out. A couple fish around, but definately really slow out there.
The Bigger The Better!

blader

I was out. Very slow day today. Vis was decent throughout.