Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hatchery Coho Tidal Fraser  (Read 50088 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Hatchery Coho Tidal Fraser
« Reply #105 on: October 03, 2018, 12:29:30 AM »

After some communication in the past couple of days, it looks like First Nations' chum salmon fisheries will be going ahead during this rec closure anyway, both beach seine in the non-tidal and gill netting in the tidal, starting next week. We shall wait and see.

stsfisher

« Reply #106 on: October 03, 2018, 05:55:24 AM »

After some communication in the past couple of days, it looks like First Nations' chum salmon fisheries will be going ahead during this rec closure anyway, both beach seine in the non-tidal and gill netting in the tidal, starting next week. We shall wait and see.
Gill nets have been out already all week above the Agassiz Rosedale bridge. No DFO opening required for them.
This really is a joke, peak migration for Interior Steelhead is now through the end of October. Recreational anglers will be compliant and not fish for salmon to help while F.N. groups lobby to slaughter the last remaining Interior steelhead. F.N. nets have been on the water since March, enough is enough.
God I sit here silently this whole season, then this happens.

"Chum" fishery............ Fauck!!!!! one excuse after the other. No bloody respect for anyone or any thing.
WE HAVE LOST

Sage2106

« Reply #107 on: October 03, 2018, 06:48:33 AM »

No no all you have to do is talk to the bands according to Ralph and they will talk their members . ::)The cheam has been drifting gill nets all week gill nets were drifted past island 22 on saturday as well. I think its time for a class action lawsuit against dfo.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 06:54:26 AM by Sage2106 »

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #108 on: October 03, 2018, 01:21:45 PM »

Beach seine fisheries for sockeye are authorized from now through the 14th.

There has been more than one case of sportfishers incorrectly identifying what kind of net was out. Once it hit the national news. CTV chartered a helicopter. The nets turned out to be floats for set nets but no nets were out.In another case a sportsfishers reported a beaver barrier on a drainage ditch as a FN set net.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 05:56:57 PM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #109 on: October 03, 2018, 02:19:07 PM »

Beach seine fisheries for sockeye are authorized from now through the 14th.

There has been more than one case of sportfishers in correctly identifying what kind of net was out. Once it hit the national news. CTV chartered a helicopter. The nets turned out to be floats for set nets but no nets were out.In another case a sportsfishers reported a beaver barrier on a drainage ditch as a FN set net.

How many illegal gillnets do you think DFO has seized in between the mission bridge and boston bar in the last 30 days? 
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 02:30:41 PM by wildmanyeah »

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #110 on: October 03, 2018, 02:23:03 PM »

How many illegal gillnets do you think DFO has seized in between the mission bridge and boston bar in the last 30 days?

I hope lots. Nets are expensive. I have seen the chopper take a net away. It's a sight to see. The chopper has pontoons and a crane hook. It hovers over the net, the hook is lowered and attaches to the net.

greyghost

• Poach the poacher!
« Reply #111 on: October 03, 2018, 02:32:47 PM »

I’ll take the under! I’m thinking more like Zero!
Have you talked too someone for a while and thought too yourself.......
"who ties your shoelaces for you"

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #112 on: October 03, 2018, 02:36:43 PM »

I’ll take the under! I’m thinking more like Zero!

Naw they typically get 150+ per year and during sockeye years upwards of 300 gilents in that area

I bet over the last 30 days they seized 25-50 nets.

So fishermen are not imagining things as Ralph is trying to elude too. 
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 02:41:39 PM by wildmanyeah »

greyghost

• Poach the poacher!
« Reply #113 on: October 03, 2018, 03:02:13 PM »

wildmanyeah, why the edit of the post of 50+ ? I took the under! Don’t tell me your a back track gambler!

I’m not saying the nets are not illegal and in the water! Just the Fed gov always does F all to the people of the water and land! But hey weed will be legal in a couple of weeks so the reality shouldn’t hurt as bad! Just take a pull and all will be fine and add a mushroom and it becomes imaginary! It’s not happening and all is well!

But if it’s a bad trip you may think a giant chum is going to eat you at calamity rock!

stsfisher

« Reply #114 on: October 03, 2018, 04:06:35 PM »

Sage2106

« Reply #115 on: October 03, 2018, 04:39:15 PM »

Look up fraser river fisheries then lower fraser and its in the communal openings. Theyre only listed till oct 9 the week ending the 14th

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #116 on: October 03, 2018, 04:43:52 PM »

I bet over the last 30 days they seized 25-50 nets.

Your "betting" and then offering a spread of 25 really means you are just speculating, right? 

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #117 on: October 03, 2018, 05:51:24 PM »

hopefully all of them. Seizing 150 to 300 nets per year calls the lie that DFO or the bands don't give a damn.

So fishermen are not imagining things as Ralph is trying to elude too.

there is a considerable difference between "imagining" and saying past reports of gillnets in the water were shown to be incorrect.

Pardon me the Oct 14th openings are on the Squamish. I am also shown to be incorrect from time to time.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 07:31:11 AM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

greyghost

• Poach the poacher!
« Reply #118 on: October 03, 2018, 05:57:22 PM »

Your "betting" and then offering a spread of 25 really means you are just speculating, right?
If you want to call it that!

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #119 on: October 05, 2018, 01:00:33 PM »

The dfo doesnt give a rats my friend and how do you report it to the band office when you dont know what band is there. Ive seen the dead wild coho they arent supposed to have thrown into the bushes to rot. Police themselves? Thats the problem they are supposed to report what they catch but they dont. Half the time their observers are sleeping in the truck at the boat launch and doesnt visually inspect anything. You clearly have never seen what truly goes on.