Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 471023 times)

the_tall_man

Fished middle and upper today. The river is in such good shape! Unfortunately not many fish around. I knew I shoulda gone lower instead of upper!  Ah well, beats the crap out of workin' ;)
"When you get into one of these groups, there's only a couple ways you can get out. One, is death. The other...mental institutions"

milo

• Old Timer

I just pack up and move on. It's not worth it. 1 guy was holding a knife in his hand when he asked my friend "what are u gonna do about it?" When my friend asked him to return a fouled hooked fish.

I understand your apprehension, but I wish I had been there with you. I give you my word it would have played out differently.
We can't always give in to idiots because if we did, they would rule the world. And that, in our human species, is not how it works. Brains control brawn, not the other way around.

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer

I understand your apprehension, but I wish I had been there with you. I give you my word it would have played out differently.
We can't always give in to idiots because if we did, they would rule the world. And that, in our human species, is not how it works. Brains control brawn, not the other way around.

Idiots do rule the world... *cough clears throat* Harper.....
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer

hey what kind of fish is this it kind of looks like a steelhead? It was gently released after the photo.

What color was the tongue?
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

nevertoolate

i caught one like that a few weeks ago off Kilby.  White mouth.

swimmingwiththefishes

Well said Milo. Push back is important and necessary.

NiceFish

• Old Timer

Well I went again this morning to the same spot for a few hours for the first light bite...and I was the only rod there....got into several springs. It was nice and peaceful, quite a contrast to just 24 hrs previous

brandooner

layin' down with my Ho, I had to break her neck to get her to sleep with me.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 10:52:18 AM by brandooner »
The Fishin' Musician!

nevertoolate

By "Upper" are you meaning above the Vedder bridge?  or just the usual spots below the Vedder bridge?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

By "Upper" are you meaning above the Vedder bridge?  or just the usual spots below the Vedder bridge?

Upstream from Tamahi Bridge.

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...

Further to Rod's reply (and because when I was younger I always wondered what the differences were), the breakdown of "sections" for the C/V River are, I believe:

Upper: ABOVE Tamahi Bridge
Mid-river: BELOW Tamahi Bridge, but ABOVE Vedder Crossing Bridge
Lower: BELOW Vedder Crossing Bridge, but ABOVE Keith Wilson Bridge
Canal: BELOW Keith Wilson Bridge

Some other people may term the sections differently, but these are the most used definitions as I understand it.

Tex

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict

Fished Wilson today, no fish caught while I was there. One guy claimed he had a hatch, but did not see any kept fish with him. Fished spinners and jigs.

RainbowMan

• We need longer weekends...when fishing is good

Fished the lower this morning with 4 other guys. One caught 2 hatch cohos and I saw one angler across from us landing and releasing a dark chum. I then moved to mid river after 10 o'clock where I was rewarded by a nice 7 lb male hatch on last year's roe. I drove by the Tamahai rapids and didn't see that many cars in the area. Maybe towing is not as productive as previous years... :D

Nicolas The Fisherman

Didn't have any hits today on the lower. Started around 7 AM and finished by 9 AM. River is in excellent shape now. Pretty much out of roe again as I only had the roe from the last coho doe I caught a couple days ago.. Time to bring out the prawn/wool combo again I guess. Where are all these springs you guys have been catching?! Lol it seems like since I actually want to catch a spring or a chum doe, I only catch bucks.. Well all in due time I guess. Good luck out there all!

TheLostSockeye

Got 10 cohos today 8 hatch and 2 wild. Between the two of us we bonked 5. The other hatches were literally on the shore but the hook popped out right as I was grabbing it and they got away. Also got a nice chrome chum