Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 471024 times)

bigsnag

• Old Timer

Milo,
Your jacket appears to be all wet. Where did you find rain this morning? It's been sunny and warm.
No wonder there weren't any people around.  Must be during the last rain storm down by the canal, probably fishing for pinks.
It ain't the roe bro'

milo

• Old Timer

Milo,
Your jacket appears to be all wet. Where did you find rain this morning? It's been sunny and warm.

LOL! I was waiting for that one.  ;D ;D ;D
It was caught Sunday, September 20, in perfect fishing conditions, while nymphing for pinks and coho. Lots of people in the popular spots in spite of the rain.
I never said I caught it today. I only stated that I caught it away from the crowds.
You are just jealous, just like big snag above. ! :P  ;)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 09:41:27 PM by milo »

Rieber

• Old Timer

LOL! I was waiting for that one.  ;D ;D ;D
It was caught Sunday, September 20, in perfect fishing conditions, while nymphing for pinks and coho. Lots of people in the popular spots in spite of the rain.
I never said I caught it today. I only stated that I caught it away from the crowds.
You are just jealous, just like big snag above. ! :P  ;)

Jealous- maybe a little bit. That's a nice bright prize on a fly rod. Well done. Nice picture as well with the fish left in the water - it's a good humble hero pose for a great memory. I like that.

big_fish

• I'm a llama!

Jealous? I think ur head has gotten too big since ur former snagging days.

milo

• Old Timer

Jealous? I think ur head has gotten too big since ur former snagging days.

LOL!
And you, sir, are...?
Actually, don't bother. Don't really care for another anonymous Internet persona without a sense of humour. If you recognize  me, approach me on the river in a friendly manner and we can talk about my former snagging days and poke fun all you want.  :D
Alternatively, fish quietly and respect my space, just like I will respect yours.

milo

• Old Timer

Jealous- maybe a little bit. That's a nice bright prize on a fly rod. Well done. Nice picture as well with the fish left in the water - it's a good humble hero pose for a great memory. I like that.

Thank you Rieber. Let's give credit where credit is due. Our fellow FWR member ribolovac (who took the pic) suggested the pose and the angle. It is much better than the traditional hero pose. I hardly take pictures of my catches anymore. But this one was rare and memorable and I am glad ribolovac was there with his iPhone to capture the moment. :)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Copy cat... ;D But thanks, I need every opportunity I can get to post this photo up. ;D

milo

• Old Timer

Holy smokes, Rodney! That fish is almost bigger than you.  ;D
Well done on a light spinning setup! :)

NiceFish

• Old Timer

Must be October when I see rod post up that photo of the spring the same size as him

Drewhill

Every year he photoshops it a bit larger. The first year he posted it, it was a jack spring.

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer

That  made me laugh!

samw

Last year, the hatchery had reportedly 1000+ coho by Sept 28th.  Today, Oct 1, the hatchery looks nothing like that.  There might have been 40-50 salmons total (pinks, coho, chinooks) that I could see, unless they are holding them somewhere that I didn't see.  Hope things improve.

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=36567.msg346364#msg346364
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 08:43:26 AM by samw »

Blackrt03

Nice pic Rodney! Looks like it's over 30 lbs

Byronnn

Water is clear and low today. Around an hour of good bite this morning. On the lower river I managed to catch (and release) my first coho (wild) and a few minutes later my first Chinook, around 6lb! Very exciting.

Very busy today compared to Tuesday, looks like many people took Friday off...

fic

• Old Timer

Water is clear and low today. Around an hour of good bite this morning. On the lower river I managed to catch (and release) my first coho (wild) and a few minutes later my first Chinook, around 6lb! Very exciting.

Very busy today compared to Tuesday, looks like many people took Friday off...
Nice coho. Where's the Chinook?