Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 471011 times)

Nicolas The Fisherman

No lack would be 4 coho in that picture the peak is not there yet not even in the lower, but nice fish.
You're right. I guess I get a bit over excited since the fishing for me lately has been SLOW so getting one coho is hot action in my books. ;D The peak of the coho run is usually mid October so we have a ways to go.

Shmoke Shaman

Isn't retaining Coho in the Chilliwack river closed for now? Or is there something I missed.

Nicolas The Fisherman

Isn't retaining Coho in the Chilliwack river closed for now? Or is there something I missed.
There's something you've missed. You are allowed four hatchery coho a day on the C-V. All wild coho need to be released with care.

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer

Wild vs hatchery, an important distinction...

Justwannafish

Good times this weekend indeed. Combat fishing at its best. Thought there was gonna be a fistfight for sure lol. Fishing in tight quarters is one thing but some fishermen have zero respect for others. Shame. Good roe bite at first light. Fish on, fish calm I say.

Shmoke Shaman

Good times this weekend indeed. Combat fishing at its best. Thought there was gonna be a fistfight for sure lol. Fishing in tight quarters is one thing but some fishermen have zero respect for others. Shame. Good roe bite at first light. Fish on, fish calm I say.

Was this right at KWB. There are some angry dudes there.

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer

The best spot at KWB is actually up on the bridge after a day of fishing watching the show from above.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

River condition is good. Fished this morning from first light until just past 8:00am below KWB and the atmosphere is a lot different to what others described on the weekend. It was quite pleasant! Around 10 of us were fishing, fairly close together but not too close, and all were float fishing with roe properly. I missed a couple of good takes at the beginning, then missed two more a bit later on, saw 5 wild coho brought in and released with care and quite a few other misses by others as well. Overall I say the fishing was pretty slow based on the amount of effort put into the run, but it was a very enjoyable experience regardless.

CHaddon

Coho season just ramping up now then?

When do Chum start running?

jayeffdee

Great fishing this weekend! Was at Tamahi both Saturday and Sunday at sunrise. A couple of massive springs brought on each morning. Seemed like many silver pinks still in the water - I pulled in two within the first 10 minutes on the water. Hooked up with two Springs, but lost both.

Also fished further up and the KWB. Skunked out. Handful of people pulling up Springs. It seemed like the deep deep pools is where you want to fish during the day.

Lots of people at the spot, but the crowd was (mostly) friendly.

Fish or cut bait.

• Old Timer

Not pointing fingers BUT, I saw a number of fish hooked as well but not a lot in the mouth  :(

fishmonk

• Fish on baby!

Good weekend of fishing! fished lower than the KWB. At first light caught and released a nice wild chrome coho around 7 or 8 lbs. Saw 6 cohos caught around me (7 with mine), 1 other wild and the others were hatchery. Hooked into 2 huge springs, one of them very silver. Lost 1 to a snag in the water and the other came off right at the shore. The cohos are there, it's all in the choice of water. Can't wait for when the cohos peak though! All in all, it was a good morning.

P.S Some people just need to calm down a bit when fishing, there are plenty of fish to be caught....just my 2 cents.

jayeffdee

Not pointing fingers BUT, I saw a number of fish hooked as well but not a lot in the mouth  :(

Ditto! I saw another fisherman hooking loads of Springs, including a monster 50lbs female. He threw each and every one of them back.

Hat tip to him!

milo

• Old Timer

Ditto! I saw another fisherman hooking loads of Springs, including a monster 50lbs female. He threw each and every one of them back.
Hat tip to him!

Are you being sarcastic?

Yesterday was awesome. There was a moment when a good push of hatchery coho was coming through the canal in the early afternoon. There was a triple header at one point among our group of six anglers!

I love it when the chinook craze hits the masses on the Vedder.
Most people congregate on the most productive spring holes, leaving plenty of coho water undisturbed! ;D (Until you start catching them. Then, suddenly, out of nowhere, you find yourself surrounded by the beaks.  :o
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 12:31:58 PM by milo »

Nicolas The Fisherman

Re: 2015 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition upda
« Reply #194 on: September 28, 2015, 12:53:37 PM »

Fishing was very slow this AM on the lower. Quite a few jumpers but none of them were willing to bite my coho roe. A couple springs were flossed in the deep fast water on a 6ft leader but that was it.