Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hockey Pool Chat  (Read 100051 times)

Sterling C

• Old Timer
Re: Hockey Pool Chat
« Reply #165 on: November 22, 2006, 08:38:10 PM »

Fine.....tell you what. I won't veto the Yashin trade and maybe I'll even re-work out the Kipper trade should it not go through...however, the trade was my brothers idea. He's been sending out a lot of trade proposals lately. I believe he even send you a substantial offer.
Actions speak louder than words.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #166 on: November 22, 2006, 08:41:21 PM »

Yes he did, and it was a good trade prop!!  :)   But my gut is telling me that St.louis is just going to get better and that Nylander will come back to earth shortly!!  So..... REJECTED!! ;D

Don't even know if I want the Yashin Trade anymore, Svatos, as I said is starting to get a bit more Ice-time and he is also getting me a crap load of points right now, so I will hold off for a bit! :)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #167 on: November 22, 2006, 09:21:09 PM »

Yes he did, and it was a good trade prop!!  :)   But my gut is telling me that St.louis is just going to get better and that Nylander will come back to earth shortly!!  So..... REJECTED!! ;D

Don't even know if I want the Yashin Trade anymore, Svatos, as I said is starting to get a bit more Ice-time and he is also getting me a crap load of points right now, so I will hold off for a bit! :)

Dave don't forget the Hex I out on St Louis !!!  he only has a few more games before the season ending injury  ;D ;D ;D

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #168 on: November 23, 2006, 06:14:25 PM »

Dave don't forget the Hex I out on St Louis !!!  he only has a few more games before the season ending injury  ;D ;D ;D

Well, I would say I had perfect timing on that one!!  Arnott plays one game for you, and now he is out for 4-6 weeks!!  So you had better hope that St. Louis goes down!! ;D ;D ;D

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #169 on: November 24, 2006, 05:14:28 PM »

Ok i really don't get it. I send very reasonable trades to people and they get rejected. Then Big Steel swoops in making some sh!tball trade offer and people accept. Its a little rediculous. Kaberle and Marleau both hot players for who Tanguay, who has been picking it up lately but still not as good as marleau, and Chara, a stay at home D who gets few points or shots for that matter. WTF

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #170 on: November 24, 2006, 05:22:46 PM »

For your information, Chara is a offensive d-man.  5 goals 8 assists 13 points and 49 shots in 18 games.  That seems pretty good to me for a d man!! ::)  He also get's all the pp time. What's the problem? ???

Also, I am giving up 2 high ranked players, that will more than like get going.  Maybe you shouldn't be such an my friend sometimes, and people would trade with you.   ;)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 05:31:18 PM by Big Steel »

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #171 on: November 24, 2006, 05:53:23 PM »

Ummm 13 points does not compare to Kaberle's 22points. And both Kaberle and Marleau are on teams that are doing well. Tanguay and Chara are both on teams that suck lol. Its hard to get points when your team doesn't do well.

Don't call me an my friend, you're the one thats still bitter i beat you head to head!!!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #172 on: November 24, 2006, 05:58:40 PM »

Don't call me an my friend, you're the one thats still bitter i beat you head to head!!!

Just for the record, Calgary doesn't suck!! ;D 

What ever gave you the idea I was bitter? You beat me far and square, mind you, I found out that you weren't that great of a winner.  But that is besides the point.  Fact remains that it isn't going to happen again.  You had a lucky week by one player, and that was the differece.  Anyhow, it is a decent trade.  Like I said, you have to look at more than just the numbers.  ;)  Stop worrying about what I am doing, that isn't going to help YOUR team.  You need to be worrying about your team if you can hardly beat the kids!! ;D ;D

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #173 on: November 24, 2006, 06:34:32 PM »

cant we all get along ;D
weeeeeeeeeow!

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #174 on: November 25, 2006, 02:07:01 PM »

You need to be worrying about your team if you can hardly beat the kids!! ;D ;D

Hardly beat the kids ::)  Have you seen the score. The only close round against an easy opponent was first round. Of course it matters what you do. If one team in the NHL had a higher Cap than the others, there woudl be outrage. Its the same situation in this league, you have an unfair advantage because you are somehow able to swindle these kids into trading you their top players. Its funny how they don't post on the thread and explain themselves.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #175 on: November 25, 2006, 02:12:04 PM »

You need to be worrying about your team if you can hardly beat the kids!! ;D ;D

Hardly beat the kids ::)  Have you seen the score. The only close round against an easy opponent was first round. Of course it matters what you do. If one team in the NHL had a higher Cap than the others, there woudl be outrage. Its the same situation in this league, you have an unfair advantage because you are somehow able to swindle these kids into trading you their top players. Its funny how they don't post on the thread and explain themselves.

Whine whine whine!! ;D ;D ;D

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #176 on: November 26, 2006, 07:36:43 PM »

So Rick, how you like that come from behind victory  ;D ;D ;D
Actions speak louder than words.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #177 on: November 26, 2006, 10:52:58 PM »

Enjoy it while you can Biff!!  You get me next!! ;D ;D  Good luck with that!! ;D  In a quick count, you have a possible 59 or player games, I have a possible of 67!!  But I have a hurt goalie, so at least that is one category you should win!! ;) ;D

Oh and one more thing, I had 29 goals and 28 assists last week.  Wonder about this week though!! :)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 11:01:09 PM by Big Steel »

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #178 on: November 27, 2006, 09:34:26 AM »

That was an impressive comeback for sure !! I didn't think it could happen... good job .. Jerk  ;D ;D ;D ;D

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #179 on: November 27, 2006, 03:57:15 PM »

i just got owned by STB. ANd now i have Eddie to deal with.