Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 471147 times)

SilverChaser

Yeah, keeping a log is not a bad idea. Because of this, I knew that today was the perfect day to hit a spot that no one would be fishing, one that at this water levels would produce coho for sure.
As I expected, no one in sight - not even close. But the water is still a tad high, there is still a bit of a current that I'd rather not be there. Oh well, there will be chum. Let's play!

First cast and bang, a nice fresh chum. Second cast, another, third cast, another...OK this is boring...

A change of fly buys me some peace and quiet. Time for a cigar. Watching the eagles...the seagulls...ahhh, nice day, glad I didn't stay home.
An hour later the cigar is finished, and the water has dropped another half a foot, stopping the current. It is a nice 3-4 foot deep slack now.
A change of fly and the perfect cast. Fish on! A hatchery coho.
And another. And another. And another...chit, I limited out... :o :o
Oh well, let's lie down on the big log and just enjoy being out there.
No one in sight...solitude on the Vedder...so close, yet so far from civilization... it doesn't get much better than this.
Time to clean the fish and head back to the far away vehicle. The crossing is less treacherous as the river dropped even more. :)
Should I take a pic to post?
Yeah, sure, if no pic, it didn't happen. So, here it goes:

Gotta love coho on the fly...
Wow, beautiful job Milo.
Freestone Fly Co Ambassador
Halieus Outdoors Team Member

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer

It hurts me inside wondering what happened with the roe from the 3 does in the pic Milo.  :'(

Tadpole

• I'm a llama!

It hurts me inside wondering what happened with the roe from the 3 does in the pic Milo.  :'(

caviar

milo

• Old Timer

It was 2 does. Yes, like my good buddy Tadpole stated, the delicious coho eggs are in jars ready to be consumed on toast, crackers, with butter or cream cheese. Mmmm...caviar! :D

Dryfly22

Hey Milo, I sent you a PM but your inbox is full.

milo

• Old Timer

Hey Milo, I sent you a PM but your inbox is full.

It's because I am not a subscriber.

Any comments or questions you may have, feel free to post them.
I will happily answer them except reveal the location.

bluenoser

Nice you even caught one with a fly already in its mouth :D

Looks like an awesome day. Mine wasnt quite that good but did land my largest hatchery to date yesterday 28 inch long 18 1/4 inch girth.

BN

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

A lovely November morning, crisp and my hands got cold releasing so many chum, fresh run too. Only saw one coho taken, I may have lost one but it was a chummy morning.

Water conditions, perfect.

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !

Yeah, keeping a log is not a bad idea. Because of this, I knew that today was the perfect day to hit a spot that no one would be fishing, one that at this water levels would produce coho for sure.
As I expected, no one in sight - not even close. But the water is still a tad high, there is still a bit of a current that I'd rather not be there. Oh well, there will be chum. Let's play!

First cast and bang, a nice fresh chum. Second cast, another, third cast, another...OK this is boring...

A change of fly buys me some peace and quiet. Time for a cigar. Watching the eagles...the seagulls...ahhh, nice day, glad I didn't stay home.
An hour later the cigar is finished, and the water has dropped another half a foot, stopping the current. It is a nice 3-4 foot deep slack now.
No one in sight...solitude on the Vedder...so close, yet so far from civilization... it doesn't get much better than this.
Time to clean the fish and head back to the far away vehicle. The crossing is less treacherous as the river dropped even more. :)

Simly awesome for a late season report. Thanks for sharing Milo.

Dave

• Old Timer

Nice fish buddy ;)
Been thinking about the rod you want built.  I went back to the Anglers Roost site and had another look ... what do you think of an 11' 4pc??  These blanks are super light and good quality for the money.  I was thinking of the IM6 5/6 wt, or for a few bucks more, the UHM 12  11' 4pc in either 4/5 or 5/6 wt.  The finished rod should fit your budget.

http://theanglersroost.com/products/graphite-blanks/

Let me know what you think; my new email is Davidpbarnes1@gmail.com

« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 02:09:52 PM by Dave »

Floater

• Old Timer

Good job wish i could of taken the day off  ::)
[

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Very cold and frosty this morning. Fishing was spotty, but found one.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Yes still a few around but I think things are coming to an end coho wise. I was able to find one hatchery and of course the chum are still around to keep your rod bent.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Yes still a few around but I think things are coming to an end coho wise. I was able to find one hatchery and of course the chum are still around to keep your rod bent.

It ain't over yet. ;D

Nicolas The Fisherman

Gonna give it a go in a couple hours. Finally have some time to sneak out and wet a line. ;D hopefully there's still a few for me!