Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Scales bar.  (Read 18858 times)

JAwrey

• 'Head Hunter
Re: Scales bar.
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2011, 10:47:30 AM »

I know he's being sarcastic and so am I. I don't believe I'm being ridiculous..... A d*%k head maybe for lack of better words
I just feel that majority of anglers out there don't do enough to help out newbies, but quick enough to bash and beak them for their lack of experience. After 600+ reads of this topic the poster finally gets some help and reports on his question. Scale bar is not a secret spot but yet
No one can speak up? Yes Rodney made all great and valid points on the "Maybe theory" but I'm not as nieve to think that out of 223 reads NO ONE has been to the Fraser river yet. Heck more than half of the responses to this thread has been directed more towards me than Scales Bar, but you know how the old saying goes " the squeaky wheel always gets the oil"

Check your attitude at the door, and don't pull that crap again.  I hate it when people feel that they have the right to beak the guys who put so much time into making this site what it is.  Rod has put a lot of very hard work into this site, the site which you use FOR FREE.  In addition, Rodney's professionalism is impressive, so when he breaks his cool you should realize something is up. 

As a general rule, I try to avoid the Fraser.  Too much hostility, snagging, environmental destruction.  The Vedder's not much better, but at least a guy can find a little privacy, and usually make a friend or two over a discussion of presentation, bait etc.  What's there to discuss when everybody's using 12' leaders and bettys?  ::)

J
- John A.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2011, 11:07:49 AM »

In addition, Rodney's professionalism is impressive, so when he breaks his cool you should realize something is up.  

Did it seem like I was breaking my cool? ;D

Majority of the time I am more than happy to assist posters when questions are posted, but I can't take posts like the ones from goodoldays earlier seriously. The way it works is pretty simple, conduct yourself in the manner like the way you want to be treated.

Gooey has already pointed out the hypocrisy, which I didn't bother to mention it last night.

What I'm really curious is what is the minimum number of views without a reply before we cry out that people don't care and the world is coming to an end, because apparently 73 views is also not good enough.

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=18086.msg172533#msg172533

Sorry jeepseteve, for derailing the subject. ;)

brownmancheng

« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2011, 11:15:07 AM »

A lot of good points in this thread. How can we expect civility at the meatholes with all the yahoos if we can't get along on here. On a whole I have found ppl to be pretty forthcoming on this site. as long as you have done your  fair share of research and are willing to get out and explore and experiment on your own. Rather than sit back and expect to be taught like it's everyones job. As for goodold days just shocked at the audacity displayed especially to te moderator who always goes out of his way to help newbies (like myself). Either bring it down a notch and learn something or Stick to the meatholes with the other yahoos w your bad attitude! Almost thought I was actually combat fishing again hearing your rants!

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2011, 12:06:26 PM »

Wow, read 223 times and no response!!
I find personally Lower MainLand Fisherman especially Fraser valley
Don't like to share any knowledge of Fraser River when it comes to bottom bouncing for fish, or spots on Fraser.
They just complain about people fishing this way and act all tuff on these Internet forms like they are god or something.

Well, well... All it took was a little rant and bamo!!
I'm sure the 223 Lurkers on here now appreciate the feedback.

Hey Milo can u tell me where u were fishing
I would never ask a fellow angler that unless they are close friends or Family!
That is an unwritten rule of thumb when it comes to angling.

seriously dude? unwritten rule of thumb when it comes to angling? you would never ask unless they are close friends or family?... yet lower mainland fishermen don't like to share and they complain a lot? ... a bit of hypocrisy don't you think?

Lurkers with no history of feed back deserving the right to information (which most lower mainland fishermen learned from going out on their own)?  WOW!....big difference between asking for help and feeling entitlement to it.

JAwrey

• 'Head Hunter
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2011, 12:20:28 PM »

Did it seem like I was breaking my cool? ;D

Majority of the time I am more than happy to assist posters when questions are posted, but I can't take posts like the ones from goodoldays earlier seriously. The way it works is pretty simple, conduct yourself in the manner like the way you want to be treated.

Gooey has already pointed out the hypocrisy, which I didn't bother to mention it last night.

What I'm really curious is what is the minimum number of views without a reply before we cry out that people don't care and the world is coming to an end, because apparently 73 views is also not good enough.

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=18086.msg172533#msg172533

Sorry jeepseteve, for derailing the subject. ;)

Maybe not losing the cool - more...well...you know what I mean!!!  ;D ;D

And that's the next stage of site development, Rod!!  Posts that have been viewed ____ number of times without being replied to are deleted!  Cause hey, apparently nobody out here in the LML shares knowledge, right?

And goodoldays - if us LML'ers weren't sharing knowledge, what were we sharing?  I thought lots had been shared, imagine my disbelief when I realized my time on this forum was futile!!  ;D
- John A.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2011, 12:26:41 PM »

Maybe not losing the cool - more...well...you know what I mean!!!  ;D ;D

And that's the next stage of site development, Rod!!  Posts that have been viewed ____ number of times without being replied to are deleted!  Cause hey, apparently nobody out here in the LML shares knowledge, right?

And goodoldays - if us LML'ers weren't sharing knowledge, what were we sharing?  I thought lots had been shared, imagine my disbelief when I realized my time on this forum was futile!!  ;D

yah no one in the LML likes to share that's why our rivers are so congested... ::)

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2011, 08:21:07 PM »

73 views with no replies and the 74th replies that he is shocked that none of the other 73 offered anything when he himself admits to knowing nothing about the topic.  So if the 74th viewer had nothing useful to contribute, why is it so impossible to imagine the 73 previous knew nothing either.  I guess we all need to reply to every post with a "IDK". like we really need 73 or 223 posts of "IDK".
Not all those who wander are lost

dereke

• Old Timer
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2011, 10:15:02 PM »

This thread is gold!!! Especially Hue-nut, Dennis t, and Rod. Very entertaining! Whoever asked about Spey fishing scale bar I apologize if you were serious but if it was being sarcastic, I howled! Night kids.
always a student

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2011, 11:26:56 PM »

A spey guide or a bar guy would probably float down from Scale Bar being tossed by the ruthless bottom bouncers there.  ;D ;D

Seriously, I have not been to Scale yet. The river level is pretty high this year. Do you need a wader just to cross the usually dry inside channel and get out to the bar?

I personally prefer Scale Bar over Peg Leg in early season. Peg is not accessible now unless you have a boat. Later season, the lower section of Peg is just too unreal with a sea of people and rods & lines crossing each other. The mid section has slow & shallow water, so it is good for fly fishing. The upper end of Peg used to be a good spring spots. At high water like now, Scale Bar has a long stretch of productive water but later when the mid section is too shallow to fish, you have to wade out sooooo far in order to fish effectively and folks have to stand waist high. Not my liking for summer fishing. There are other bars besides these two, such as Seabird, Jones/Laidlaw, even the infamous Snaggy Bar (if you don't mind losing betties faster than you can tie up).  ;D ;D  One more thing is, when the river drops a lot later season, there are so many formerly submerged bars available. There will be no need to jam into these gong shows. Just explore & you will find peace & quiet, and still be productive.

One last point about people not wanting to respond to the Scale Bar question is probably due to the mind set of some members of this forum. No one wants to invite ridicule from anti-flossing folks. To admit that you have fished Scales can bring unnecessary ridicule even if your intent is just to share info. Most cannot PM each other (not a subscriber) even if one wish to PM the info to the poster. But it is also quite possible that most people have not started fishing the Fraser yet. The high cost of gas & unpredictable result of targeting springs have made many of my fishing friends staying home, or fishing more locally, like the Cap. If there is an opening of sockeyes, all hell will break loose and the bars will be jam-packed. The latest test fishery numbers are good. So keep your fingers crossed.  :)  Good luck fishing.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 11:29:44 PM by liketofish »

Joey

« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2011, 12:10:01 AM »

Are you serious,sprey fishing in Scale bar....you must be tired of living.
If you love yourself,avoid Peg and scale.
I am getting ready to be roasted.Thanks